ADHD, also known as Attention deficit disorder or ADD, is one of the most common brain disorders in childhood. It can continue through adolescence and adulthood. It is a neurobehavioral disorder that occurs in about 3% to 5% of children of school age. It occurs more often in males than females.
Causes of ADHD
- The exact cause of this condition is not fully understood, but there are several factors that may be associated with ADHD.
- Consumption of alcohol and use of cigarettes during pregnancy increases the risk of developing ADHD in offspring. Exposure to pesticides and lead may increase the chance of ADHD in children.
- Genetics- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder tends to run in families. In most of the cases, it is thought that the genes which you inherit from your parents are an important factor in developing this disorder.
- Sometimes, brain structure may be responsible for this condition. Research has shown the differences in the structure and function of the brain in people suffering from this condition when compared to people who don't have this condition.
- Being born prematurely, having a low birth weight, brain damage in the womb are some of the other reasons that may lead to this condition.
Symptoms of ADHD
The signs of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in some children are nowadays noticeable as early as 2 or 3 years of age.
- The signs of this condition may include the following:
- Difficulty in paying attention.
- Frequently daydreaming and easily distracted.
- Difficulty in listening and following instructions.
- Fails to finish school homework or other tasks.
- Frequently interrupts other's conversations or games.
- Much talkative.
Complications of ADHD
There are several complications of this condition, which are listed below:
- ADHD can lead to academic failure.
- Children who are suffering from this disorder tends to have more accidents or injuries than children who don't have this condition.
- People suffering from this condition have low self-esteem.
- People suffering from this condition are at increased risk of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Children with this condition are more likely to have trouble interacting with other people.
- Children suffering from this disorder are more likely to develop other problems such as learning disabilities, depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder and Tourette syndrome.
Is ADHD a Kind of Mental Disorder?
Yes, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a mental health disorder. A child can be assessed by pediatricians themselves, but in many cases, Pediatricians will refer the patient to a mental health specialist.
Effect of Diet on ADHD
Food is an important source of nutrients, which is essential for the normal functioning of the body. In general, food allergies can put a lot of strain on our body. Hence we should take a healthy and balanced diet in order to maintain a healthy body. Allergies to food as well as food additives may lead to this disorder. No doubt, sweet foods are the favorite foods of many children, but a diet rich in high refined sugar may worsen the symptoms of ADHD. On the other hand, excluding the high refined sugar from the diet may improve the symptoms of this disorder.
Herbal Remedies for ADHD
Planet Ayurveda provides effective herbal remedy such as Brahmi capsules for ayurvedic treatment of ADHD.
Planet Ayurveda's Brahmi capsules are prepared by using the standardized extracts of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). This pure, natural and veggie capsules are not only good for healthy brain, but also for healthy heart, healthy blood pressure and Healthy nerves as well.
Description of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) plant
This Plant commonly grows in marshy areas or it can be grown in damp conditions as well. This plant is found in India, Nepal, China, Pakistan and Srilanka. This plant can even be grown in slightly brackish condition. The leaves of this plant are 4-6 mm thick and are succulent. The leaves are arranged oppositely on the stem. The flowers of this plant are small and white in color. It is popularly known as an aquarium plant. This plant contains alkaloids, saponins, sterols, Brahmine, nicotine, herpestine, etc.
Pack size: Each bottle contains 60 capsules in it.
Dosage: 1- 2 capsules two times a day, with plain water, after meals.
This product is free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. This is free from side effects and hence safe to use.
To buy Brahmi Capsules, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/brahmi-capsules