Amazing Health Benefits of Vitamin C
Why Do We Need Vitamin C?
Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic Acid is water soluble in nature and is obtained from tomatoes, broccoli and citrus fruits. This nutrient contains anti oxidants, which prevent the damage caused by the free radicals, which may damage the DNA of the individuals. Though, deficiency of Vitamin C is a rare situation, yet, there may be instances, where the body lacks the amount of Vitamin C to a certain extent.
Signs of Lack of Vitamin C
- Bleeding Gums
- Dry, Scaly Skin
- Reduced healing rate of the wounds
- Bleeding of the nose
- A major deficiency of Vitamin C may lead to Scurvy
Natural Sources of Vitamin C
The Major Sources of Vitamin C Are Given Below:-
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Gold Kiwi
Health Benefits of Vitamin C
- Vitamin C contains anti-oxidants, which help to prevent the formation of free radicals. This helps to prevent the ageing process.
- Though, Vitamin C does not lower the cholesterol content of the blood or reduces the risk of heart attack, it helps to protect from the damage of the arteries. This prevents the cardiac disorders. Vitamin C prevents the hardening of the arteries, also known as the atherosclerosis. It prevents the development of plaque along the walls of the arteries, which may lead to heart attack or stroke. It also keeps the arteries flexible.
- Since, Vitamin C is rich in anti-oxidants; it helps to reduce the high blood pressure of the individuals. It is highly beneficial for those individuals, who have the tendency of developing high blood pressure.
- Vitamin C reduces the susceptibility of getting affected with the common cold. It reduces the duration of getting affected with common cold as well.
- Vitamin C also lowers the rate of cancer, especially cervical dysplasia, skin cancer, breast cancer and many more.
- It is essential to produce the essential part of the normal cartilage, the collagen. Cartilage gets destroyed due to osteoarthritis, which put tremendous pressure on the joints and bones.
- Vitamin C coupled with other nutrients of beta carotene and zinc protects the eyes from getting damage against macular degeneration.
- Vitamin C with Vitamin E helps to prevent the occurrence of pre-eclampsia in women. This disorder is characterized by too much protein in the urine and high blood pressure, which may give rise to premature birth.
- Individuals with low content of Vitamin C often are affected with asthma. Thus, Vitamin C helps to reduce the symptoms of Asthma in the individuals to a huge extent.
- Vitamin C enhances the functioning of the immune system.
- It helps to prevent the bleeding of the gums.
- It treats allergic conditions like eczema, allergic rhinitis, etc.
- It helps to heal wounds and burns.
- It reduces the impacts of sunburn and erythema.
- It also helps to reduce the levels of blood sugar in the diabetics.
- It also helps to reduce the condition of wrinkled skin, gall bladder disease, lung infections, ulcers, kidney problems and improves the physical condition and stamina of the individuals.
Thus, these are some of the amazing health benefits of Vitamin C.
Herbal Supplements for Vitamin C by Planet Ayurveda
Amalaki Rasayan and Amla Saar provided by Planet Ayurveda are the best herbal supplements and richest sources of natural Vitamin C. These herbal supplements are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herb; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives. These herbal supplements are prepared under the supervision of renowned Ayurveda experts.
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a wonderful natural source of Vitamin C. Amlaki Rasayan Capsules, manufactured by Planet Ayurveda are effective herbal supplements, which contain the extracts of the pulp of the amla fruit.
2. Amla Saar
Amla Saar or Amla Juice contains approximately 625 mg to 930 mg of Vitamin C. It has a lot of medicinal characteristics, which aid to treat the various situations effectively.
Thus, these are some of the wonderful herbal supplements manufactured by Planet Ayurveda, which utilize the essential medicinal properties of Vitamin C.