AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF ARTERIOSCLEROSIS
Arteriosclerosis refers to the thickening of the walls of the arteries. It has become a common ailment in modern times, accounting for much of the disability and high death rate, more so among older people.
Arteriosclerosis is usually preceded by atherosclerosis, a kind of fatty infiltration in the inner lining of the blood vessel walls. The most risky places for such degeneration are the coronary vessels of the heart and the arteries of the brain. Arteriosclerosis results in the loss of elasticity of the blood vessels and a narrowing of the smaller arteries, which interferes with the free circulation of the blood.
SYMPTOMS OF ARTERIOSCLEROSIS
The symptoms of arteriosclerosis vary according to the arteries involved. Signs of inadequate blood supply generally appear first in the legs. There may be numbness and coldness in the feet, and cramps and pains in the legs even after light exercise. If the coronary arteries are involved, the patient may have sharp pains, characteristic of angina pectoris. When arteries leading to the brain are involved, the vessel may burst, causing haemorrhage in the brain tissues. A cerebral vascular stroke, with partial or complete paralysis on one side of the body, may result if there is blockage with a blood clot. It may also lead to loss of memory and a confused state of mind in elderly people. If arteries leading to. the kidneys are involved, the patient may suffer from high blood pressure and kidney disorders.
CAUSES OF ARTERIOSCLEROSIS
The most important causes of arteriosclerosis are lack of physical exercise, excessive intake of white sugar, refined foods, and a high fat diet rich in cholesterol. Hardening of the arteries may also be caused by other diseases such as high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes. Emotional stress plays an important part, and heart attacks are more common during periods of mental and emotional disturbances, particularly in those engaged in sedentary occupations. Heredity also plays its role and this disease runs in families.
HERBAL REMEDIES fOR ARTERIOSCLEROSIS
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Heart Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of arteriosclerosis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Arjuna Capsules: 2 capsules twice daily.
- Arjuna Tea: 1 Cup twice daily.
- Total Heart Support: 2 capsules twice daily.
1. ARJUNA CAPSULES
Arjuna capsules are also another amazing herbal formulation by the Planet Ayurveda to treat the Atherosclerotic vascular disease. These capsules are prepared from the pure extract of herb Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna).
This herb is known to be quite effective to strengthen blood vessels and clear the obstruction from arteries. This herb helps to prevent the formation of blood clots and maintains the proper blood flow in body. It helps to decrease the LDL cholesterol and increases the HDL cholesterol. Regular use of this herb is very fruitful to overcome the cardiovascular health issues.
2. ARJUN TEA
Arjuna tea is an amazing and safe Ayurvedic treatment for Atherosclerotic vascular disease. It is an herbal tea which is loaded with the amazing cardiovascular properties. Herbs used in the formulation of arjuna tea are Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamom), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala).
All these herbs possess the antioxidants which protect the body from free radical damage. These herbs together work like a magic to remove the accumulated kapha from the blood vessels. They help in the dilation of vessels and maintain the proper blood supply in whole body. Hence this herbal tea acts like body cleanser and eliminates all the toxins and impurities from body. Daily consumption of this herbal tea is quite useful to live a healthy and disease free life. It supports the healthy circulatory system, healthy cholesterol level and healthy blood pressures level in body.
3. TOTAL HEART SUPPORT
Total health support is an effective Ayurvedic treatment for Atherosclerotic vascular disease. This herbal product is available in the form of capsules. Use of this herbal product is quite good in preventing the blockage of arteries and to maintain the healthy blood flow in the body. It is prepared by the combination of herbs which are listed below.
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) - It is nature's boon for treatment of Atherosclerotic vascular disease. Cardio protective properties of this herb help to strengthen the heart muscles and also clear the obstruction from blood vessels. Regular use of this herb is quite good to relieve the heart problems.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) - Ashwagandha is considered as the one of most potent herb in Ayurveda as it offers the overall health benefits. This herb is very useful to manage the problems which are responsible for this disease. Hence use of this herb is quiet effective to maintain healthy cholesterol level, blood pressure level in body.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) - Brahmi is also considered as an effective herb to manage the symptoms of Atherosclerotic vascular disease and supports the good heart health.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) - Shankhpushi is also another important ingredient for the treatment of Atherosclerotic vascular disease. It helps in the dilatation of blood vessels and maintains the good blood supply throughout the body.
Where to buy Heart Care Pack?
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/heart-care-pack.html
PRECAUTIONS or DIET
In addition to medicine, lifestyle changes are must in proper management of coronary heart disease.
- After a heavy meal, avoid large meals and rich foods that leave feeling stuffed.
- Eat a healthy diet to prevent or reduce high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol, and obesity.
- Exercise as directed by the doctor.
- If there is a history of diabetes, follow doctor's advice and take all medications as directed.
- Lose weight if overweight.
- Quit smoking.
- With exertion, slow down or take rest in breaks.
- With stress, try to avoid situations that make patient upset or stressed.