Atopic Dermatitis Treatment in Ayurveda
About Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis (AD) is a genetic and chronic inflammatory skin disease, commonly observed in early infancy and childhood, sometimes in adulthood as well. The majority of patients of AD are observed before the age of 5 years. AD on the later stages could manifest 'Atopy' in many patients and indicates Allergic rhinitis or Asthma or even both. The major hallmarks of the disease is Eczematous lesions characterized by scratching, pruritus and chronic, relapsing. The affected regions of eczematous lesions are face, neck, and extensor skin surfaces. Factors affecting AD are temperature, humidity, irritants, infections, food, inhalant and contact allergens, and emotional stress.
Atopic Dermatitis is also Called as 'Eczema'.
The various types of Eczema are:-
- Allergic contact eczema: In this case skin gets red, weepy and itchy
- Contact eczema: The skin has symptoms of redness, burning and itching in one spot due to acid, cleaner, or other chemicals
- Dyshidrotic eczema: It occurs on the palms of hands and soles of the feet accompanied by irritation, itching and burning
- Neurodermatitis: It is observed as scaly patches on the head, wrists, or forearms and lower legs
- Nummular eczema: It is a coin-shaped spots of irritation on the skin having crusted, scaling, and very itchy sensations
- Seborrheic eczema: In this case skin becomes yellowish, oily, scaly patches on the scalp, face, and other parts of the body
- Stasis dermatitis: It is an irritation of the skin in the lower legs, often happens due to blood flow problem
Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis
- Dry and itchy skin
- Rashes on the face, hands, feet, inside the elbows, behind the knees
- Redness and Swelling
- Cracking and Crusting
- Clear fluid
- Thick skin
- In some cases, food allergy has been observed in AD patients
There are various products available in the market, which are chemically synthesized. But, the prolonged use of these medicines cause adverse effects including; Purpura; Striae, Telangiectasia, Focal hypertrichosis, Acneiform or rosacea-like eruptions.
Atopic Dermatitis Treatment in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, all skin diseases have been described under Kushtha. Ayurveda describes skin diseases as Asatmya, Viruddha and Dushivisha, similar to allergy. Among them Dushivisha describes hypersensitivity indicates latent or subclinical allergy. The 'Dushivisha' remains latent in tissues (dhatus) and on vitiation, it results into hazardous consequences in the skin. Allergy results from entry of antigens in a specific region of the skin resulting into 'localized anaphylactic reaction'. The toxins of antigens are not completely neutralized and bind to the mast cells and produces injurious consequences in the sensitized host. The following explanation is correlated with Dhatugata Visha or Dushivisha in Ayurveda.
The use of herbal medicines to treat Atopic Dermatitis is promising without causing side effects. In Ayurveda, there are number of herbs described to treat various skin diseases like; Kanchnaar, Manduk Parni, Haldi, Shiris, Ella, Jatamansi, Vidanga, Amaltaas, Guduchi, Manjistha, Lodhra, Chopchini, Kumari etc.
The combination of various herbs to treat skin disorders like Eczema are available in the market as capsules, tablets, oils and soaps.
Herbal Remedies for Atopic Dermatitis
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of atopic dermatitis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
How To Use?
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula - One capsules two times in a day with warm water after meals.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice in a day with warm water after meals.
- Navkarshik Churna - One teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful twice daily.
- Vetpalai Thailam - Apply it on affected area.
- Manadarin orange soap - Apply gently all over the body.
- Lippu oil - Apply it on affected area.
1. Navkarshik Churna
It is an effective combines therapy of various herbs, where they act as a waste and toxins removal, blood purifier, corrects metabolism of Pitta, work as immuno-modulator, anti-inflammatory. Taking 2-3 tablespoon with plain water daily removes toxins and effectively rejuvenate skin by working on Atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, burns and scales.
2. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayana has wide range of therapeutic properties and prophylactic activity. It is a Rasayana (rejuvenator), which promotes positive health and vigor. It stops aging and increases longevity in individuals by increasing immunity. Thus, makes the body to resist against various infections. It possesses antibacterial activity and stop the growth of bacteria. It is a best remedy to treat stye. Regular use of capsules (1-2 twice daily), produces wonderful results.
3. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
Ayurvedic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis by Planet Ayurveda has the radiant skin hair nails formula. This herbal product is free from any side effects. Herbs used in the formulation of this herbal product are given below.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) - This herb is packed with blood purification properties and eliminates all the impurities from blood.
- Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis) – This herb is also known quite well in relieving the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. It helps to provide relief in the itching, redness of skin, burning sensation of skin and inflammation of the skin.
- Chirata (Swetia chiretta) – All the parts of this herb possess the medicinal properties. Use of this herb is quite effective in the skin infections.
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis) – This herb is commonly called as Aloe vera and known to be quite good to resolve the skin diseases.
4. Manadarin Orange Soap
Planet Ayurveda, Mandarin Orange soap is natural handmade bar. It replenishes the skin with minerals and maintain moisture content. It rejuvenate the skin and acts good moisturizing soap. The naturally manufactured soaps are skin friendly and do not induce hypersensitivity.
5. Lippu Oil
It is a unique single formulation effectively works on the Eczema treatment, dry skin, Lichen Planus, Itchyosis, Allergic skin disorder. It effectively controls Trans Epidermal Water Loss and moisturizes skin.
6. Vetpalai Thailam
This is natural herbal product for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. This product is only for external use. Application of this oil helps to ward off the symptoms of atopic dermatitis without causing any side effects on skin.
To buy Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/atopic-dermatitis-care-pack
Planet Ayurveda promises to produce only 100% pure herbal products. There are no chemicals added in the preparations and in capsule formulation, plant cellulose is used. We use standardized extract of herbs.