Ayurveda - A Holistic Approach Toward Health of a Mankind
Meaning of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is an ancient Vedic system for healing the human body internally. The word Ayurveda is derived from two Sanskrit words: Ayur means life, and Veda means science. Thus meaning of Ayurveda "science of life." Ayurveda is oldest scientific medical system. It is basically combination of body, soul, and mind. As Ayurveda tells that no two individual are not same in constitutions of the body, so according to the body type Ayurveda recommends the different treatment to them.
Ayurvedic medical system tells us about the absolute source that is 'Paramatma' which is a main origin for all the wisdom and intelligence. The main principle of Ayurveda is the three vital elements in the human body. These vital elements are Vata (wind element), Kapha (water element), and Pitta (fire element). Ayurvedic medicine maintains that all ailments of the human body arise from an imbalance in the proportion of these three vital elements.
Basic Principles of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is consider the nature to be made of the three main gunas. These three gunas are named as sattva, rajas, and tamas .It is the inner qualities which is present in all forms of the nature. Even Ayurveda is governed by five main elements called panchamahabhutas. This includes space, fire, water, air and earth.
Human structure is considered to be made up of seven main tissues which is also known as 'Dhatus'. These main seven type's tissues are plasma, adipose tissue, muscle, bone marrow, bone, blood and reproductive tissue.
Ayurveda is very much beneficial for bringing about well-being and good health. It also plays an important role in treating disease the main benefits of holistic treatment for heart disease, diabetes and cancer, as it is proven and may be accepted by many countries like Japan, Singapore and Finland.
Holistic Approach of Ayurveda
In this approach Ayurveda involves usage of drugs, change in behavior and diet related problems of mind and body to promotes good health.
In Order to Remove Illness by Four Main Procedures Are Involves:
- Spiritual and Psychological healing
Advantages of Ayurvedic Treatments
- The Ayurvedic approach toward the illness is holistic and therefore after getting treatment by ayurveda a person will feel improvement in their physical, mental and psychological conditions.
- The Ayurvedic medicines are mostly derived from herbs, plants, flowers, fruits etc. making it a remedy which is closely related to nature.
- There are no side effects of Ayurvedic medicine in practice.
- Ayurveda has been a very effective cure for many chronic diseases.
- An Ayurveda treatment is wellness to the entire body and will be more effective for a longer time than Allopathic treatment.
- Ayurveda helps in treating diseases and also in preventing the occurrence of diseases.
- Ayurveda gives guidelines on how to tackle the diseases by means of simple dietary and lifestyle changes.
- Ayurvedic medicines are good for healthy people and also help in nourishing the body and enhancing mental ability.
- Ayurvedic treatment and medicines are comparatively cheaper and more effective than other Allopathic medicine.
- Ayurveda suggests readily available herbs and spices for minor ailments.
- Ayurvedic therapies provide relief from stress and also rejuvenating the body.
- Ayurveda treatment is very gentle and harmless to the body, always working with the body's own intelligence.
- Ayurveda recognizes the subtle anatomy, our mind, emotions, and spirit, are as important as our physical anatomy.
- Ayurveda maintain body metabolism as it helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Ayurveda can heal a many variety of diseases that modern medicine will fails to cure.
- Ayurveda is mainly based on herbs, plants, flowers, fruits and vegetables that grows around us in plenty.
So, Ayurveda is not manmade. It believed to be nature gift to us. Ayurvedic medicines gives strengthen and enhance the body's own healing process. It is natural process of curing any disease and removes the basic cause of the disease. Ayurvedic medicines are cheap and affordable. Ayurveda tells about the way of living. It totally denoted toward the nature. As the Ayurvedic treatments is slow process but effective. Ayurvedic medicines show no side effect to the body.