Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes
What is Diabetes in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balancing three doshas namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha along with natural diet, proper life style and some herbal remedies.
In Ayurveda, Diabetes is known as Madhumeha. There are many references you get in ancient Ayurveda books – diabetes as Madhumeh but some authors has mentioned this diseases as Kshodrameha too. Kshodra is a synonym for honey so named so.
According to Ayurveda, the existence of this disease is due to the imbalance of three doshas - Kapha, Pitta and Vata. These three body energies should be balanced to maintain the healthy body. In the initial state of diabetes, there is Kapha imbalance and with the excessive accumulation of "earth", it disseminates throughout the tissues, which blocks the urinary channels and results in the Vata dysfunction. Then it causes various urinary infections and leads into the excess of pitta.
Diabetes results the increase in blood sugar levels, either due to inadequate production of insulin or inability of body cells to respond for insulin, but in some cases both the factors together are present. There are various problems associated with the high sugar level in the blood, like it can damage nerves and blood vessels.
What are the Causes of Diabetes?
- Asyasukhama - Comfort of living, luxurious life
- Swapnasukham - Comfort of sleeping
- Dadheeni - Consumption of excessive curd and its preparations
- Gramya-aodaka-anupa mamsa - Consumption of flesh and meat soups of animals of marshy places
- Payamsi - Consumption of milk and its preparations
- Navannpanam - New grains consumption in the form of dishes
- Guda vikriti - Jaggery and its preparations
- Kaphakrit cha sarvam - All dietary and life style habits that leads to kapha vitiation.
What are the Symptoms of Diabetes?
- Atimutrata - Excessive Urination
- Avilamutrata - Turbid Urine
- Madhutulyata - Urine Like that of Honey
- Panduta - Skin and Body Looks White
- Rukshta - Dryness of the Skin
- Daurbalya - Weakness Fatigue
- Ratisu Anashakti - No Sexual Urge
- Dourgandhya - Bad Smell from the Body
- Dhatukshya - Emaciation
What are the Complications of Diabetes?
- Hridroga - Cardiac Problems
- Laulya - Urge for Food / Excessive Hunger
- Anidra - No Sleep
- Satambha - Stiffness of the Body
- Kampa - Shaking of Body
- Shola - Body Aches
- Baddha Pureesha - Constipation
- Udvarta - Regurgitation
- Sosha - Emaciation
- Kasa - Cough
- Shwasa - Dyspnea
Herbal Remedies for Diabetes by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Diabetes Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of diabetes. These herbal remedies helps in controlling blood sugar level naturally. These remedies are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herbs; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives.
- Diabeta Plus - 2 capsules twice daily after meals.
- Karela Capsules - 2 capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Madhumehantak Churna - 2 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water, after meals.
- Fenugreek Capsules - 2 capsules, twice daily after meals.
1. Dia-Beta Plus
Dia-Beta Plus is formulated by mixing and making a potent synergistic combination of best herbal medicines that improves the disordered blood sugar levels and increase the chances of diabetic patients survival for the long time. The various herbs present in this formulation are: Gurmaar (Gymnema Sylvestre), Karela (Momordia Charentia), Saptarangi (Salacia oblonga) and Vijaysaar (Pterocarpus marsupium).
These capsules are recommended to be taken on a daily basis and formulated so that the blood sugar level decreases periodically the blood sugar levels in the body. There are no risks of sudden decrease in blood sugar or decrease in blood sugar below the normal level. But there are some dietary restraints which is needed to be followed by the patient to get best results.
2. Karela Capsules
Karela is known as an effective and popular Ayurvedic herbal medicine to treat diabetes. It shows the similar action as insulin do, when administered to the Diabetic patient body. These capsules are known for increasing the blood sugar level, which helps the diabetic patient to recover very fast.
3. Madhumehantak Churna
This churna is used in the health tonic which is very useful to recover the diabetes patients. As it is a health tonic it provides the strength to the immune system, lower the blood sugar level and nourish the body cells so that this metabolic disorder can be healed.
4. Fenugreek Capsules
Fenugreek is a very commonly used in kitchen ingredient in India. This plant is known for its medicinal properties, among them the best one is the property of lowering high blood sugar levels. It increase the potential of digestive system and enhance digestion by preventing gas or flatus formation. It increase the secretion of the insulin hormone from the pancreas, which is the major factor to reduce the risk of blood sugar and diabetes.
To buy Diabetes Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/diabetes-care-pack.