When a person is exposed to allergens, a situation may arise, which leads to the hypersensitivity of the immune system of the body. This condition is defined as Allergy. When the body is exposed to an external stimulus or there exists an imbalance of the immune system, allergy is mainly caused.
Some of the basic signs and symptoms that the individual is undergoing allergic reactions are skin Irritation, itchiness, eczema, red eyes, sneezing, running nose, dyspnea, coughing, wheezing, asthma, diarrhea, rashes and abdominal pain.
Types of Allergies
Allergies may be of Different Types. These are Given Below:-
- Hay fever
- Pollen allergy
- Allergy rhinitis
Major Causes of Allergies
Some of the Major Causes of Allergies are Hereunder:-
- Exposure to pollen grains
- Animal proteins
- Certain food items like peanut, tree nut and several others.
- Certain environmental factors like pollution
To get rid of allergy, there are many ayurvedic and home remedies available. People make use of these remedies and have been benefitted widely.
Home Remedies to Treat Allergies
- Nettle Leaf – Nettle leaf is often taken in combination with the raspberry leaves or peppermint leaves. It is consumed as tea. It acts as a natural antihistamine. It inhibits the release of the histamine.
- Peppermint Tea - It possesses the properties of the decongestant. It helps to clean the mucus membrane and the nasal passage. However, it should be strictly prohibited for children since it leads to the total blockage in the children owing to the presence of the methanol.
- Ginger – It is an excellent herb for treating the allergies effectively. It possesses stimulating, relaxing, warming, therapeutic properties make it highly beneficial for allergies. Drinking a cup of ginger tea every morning is highly recommended to get rid of allergies.
- Cinnamon – It is a wonderful analgesic and blood purifying herb. It helps to eliminate kapha and liquefy kapha. It helps to eliminate cough, cold, headache and fever. It is used to treat the various respiratory infective disorders effectively.
- Turmeric - Turmeric has tremendous potential to cure several allergies. The properties include anti allergic, anti tumour, anti-inflammatory, anti-myloid, anti-oxidating and anti-septic. It forms a wonderful herb to treat the allergies effectively.
- Tulsi – It possesses anti microbial, anti inflammatory and anti allergic characteristics. It cures teeth related issues, fever, headaches, eye issues, sore throat, cough, stress, common cold, insect bites, skin disorders, renal and respiratory complications as well.
- Pippali – It is a widely used herb in Ayurveda. The basic characteristic of this herb is its rejuvenating nature. It destroys toxic materials, alleviates allergens, improves the various metabolic processes of the body and effectively prevents premature ageing.
- Licorice - It is also known as Yashthimadhu. It has several medicinal benefits. It possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidating properties and helps to get rid of the toxic substances from the body effectively. It is a highly potential herb for treating allergies.
Herbal Remedies to Treat Allergies
Planet Ayurveda has made use of some of the effective herbs and bestowed us with some of the wonderful herbal remedies to fight away the allergies effectively. The Ayurvedic supplements comprise the following.
- Aller-G Care: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Pranrakshak Churna: 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Tulsi Capsules: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
Coupled with these home remedies and herbal remedies, one can also try the various other remedies as well. Home remedies include spraying saline water, applying apple cider vinegar, consumption of local honey, using dehumidifiers and HEPA filters to keep dust, dirt and other air pollutants away, breathing in steam and taking hot shower. Above all, the best remedy is to avoid the allergens and staying away from them as much as possible.
Thus, all these together form the effective Ayurvedic and home remedies for allergies, which help an individual to lead a happy, healthy and fit life full of joy and happiness.