Ayurvedic Treatment for High Cholesterol Levels
Heart and its Basic Functions
Heart is a muscular organ about the size of the fist. It has the responsibility to pump blood to the rest of the body parts without a miss. The heart beats continuously right from the third week of pregnancy (fetal age 3 weeks) and stops only once and for all at the time of death.
It also helps to distribute pure and impure blood to their respective destinations (whole body and the lungs respectively).
Heart Diseases – Common Causes
Heart diseases commonly occur due to blockages in the coronary arteries supplying blood to various muscles of the heart.
There are other reasons for the occurrence of heart diseases. These include, congenital malformations of the heart, valvular heart diseases in which there is a defective functioning of the heart.
The nerve fibers supplying the heart muscles also get diseased and result in heart blockage and cardiac arrhythmias.
Among all these, coronary artery blockage is the most common cause of improper heart function.
What is Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis is a common condition that occurs due to the deposition of plaques in the lumen of the coronary arteries.
The plaques may form as a result of a high blood cholesterol level and result in hardening as well as blockage of coronary arteries.
Risk Factors for Developing Heart Diseases Related to Raised Serum Cholesterol Levels
- Age - Progressive narrowing and weakening of arterial walls and heart musculature increases the risk of contracting heart diseases.
- Males - Studies have found that heart diseases affect men more commonly than women. However, after menopause this risk increases manifolds in women also
- Family history - People with a family history of heart diseases are naturally inclined to suffer from heart problems at some point in their life.
- Smoking - It causes contraction of the blood vessels causing atherosclerosis.
- Poor diet - Highly greasy diet, over eating, eating at odd hours all have adverse effect on the development of heart disease.
- High blood cholesterol levels
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Poor hygiene - This can precipitate many heart infections.
Ayurveda and Heart Diseases
Ayurveda is an old system of managing health by taking natural measures like balancing the diet and lifestyle of the body.
According to Ayurveda, heart diseases are known as "Hridya roga" in Ayurveda.
There are four types of Hridya roga in Ayurveda according to the predominant dosha or body energy namely, Vata, pitta kapha and krimija (due to infection) Hridya roga.
What is the Difference Between Good Cholesterol and Bad Cholesterol?
HDL (High density lipoproteins) is the good blood cholesterol and LDL (Low density lipoproteins) is the bad cholesterol in blood.
HDL helps to flush out the bad LDL cholesterol from the blood thereby preventing it from depositing in the lumen of the various arteries which may lead to cardiovascular problems.
What is the Normal Blood Cholesterol Level?
The normal level of total blood cholesterol is below 200.
What Can be done to Lower Blood Cholesterol Levels Without Medication?
Blood cholesterol levels can be managed to a large extent by maintaining a regulated diet routine and increasing the level of physical activity.
- Diet is the most important thing that can directly control your lipid profile. Stay away from Trans fats and triglycerides and look for healthy fat options for consumption. For example – vegetable oils like olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil etc., but only in moderation.
- Prefer boiling, baking and roasting food items that you otherwise fry.
- Maintain a healthy intake of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Maintain physical fitness by exercising according to what suits your body.
- Reduce weight
- Stop smoking if you are a smoker.
Herbal Remedies for High Cholesterol Levels
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Heart Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of high cholesterol levels. These remedies are very helpful in reducing high cholesterol levels naturally. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Arjuna Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily.
- Arjun Tea - 2 cups twice daily.
- Total Heart Support - 2 capsules twice daily.
1. Arjuna Capsules
Planet Ayurveda's Arjuna Capsules contain 100% standardized extract of Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna). It has been found to be effective natural and pure herbal remedy for heart problems like blocked coronary arteries, high cholesterol, congestive heart failure and other heart problems. It is not only helpful in major heart problems but also for the metabolic diseases which lead to heart weakness and failure.
2. Arjun Tea
Arjun Tea is a nicotine/caffeine free herbal tea. It is an effective herbal remedy for ayurvedic treatment of bad cholesterol. It is a natural product consist of harmless herbs that are used in Ayurveda since ancient times. It's delicious taste makes it easy to consume. It is rich source of natural Anti-oxidants.
3. Total Heart Support
Total Heart Support is purely a herbal formulation without any chemicals added into it. Even the outer shell is transparent as we have not even used colored capsules because of the chemical used for coloring. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects. The capsules are very useful in high cholesterol, disturbed lipid profile and blocked coronary artereies.
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/heart-care-pack.