What is Liver and what does it do?
The liver is the primary organ that helps expelling and breaking down toxins in the body. It produces bile, a detoxifying agent metabolically indispensable in breaking down fats from food.
Healthy liver plays an important role in the outcome of the overall health. The proper functioning and health of the eyes, the brain, the heart, the joints and the kidneys are all dependent on healthy liver functions. If the liver functioning is impaired or even a single enzyme system is hampered then there is an impairment in overall body function and an increased metabolic stress.
What is Liver Failure?
Liver failure is a life threatening condition which needs urgent medical care. Liver failure occurs slowly and take many years.
How can Liver Disease affect the Quality of Life?
Many people with liver disease feel quite good but in episodes they may face severe symptoms as well. Symptoms, complications and outlook affects quality of life. All this may cause depression, pain, anxiety which disturbs quality of life. That's why it is advised to see a doctor at right time.
How Common are Liver Diseases?
There can be seen a number of cases of liver diseases across the globe but people in U.K are more with liver diseases like Hepatitis A, B, C, Liver Cirrhosis etc.
What Causes Liver Failure?
- Hepatitis b
- Hepatitis c
- Long term alcohol consumption
- Other chronic diseases
- Virus A, B, C
- Reaction to certain medicines
- Poison intake
What are the Symptoms of Liver Failure?
- Yellow color of skin and eye balls – jaundice
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low appetite
- Bleeding easily
- Abdominal swelling
- Pain in upper area of abdomen
- Disturbed mind
When to See a Doctor?
Liver failure can be life threatening. When you feel yellowish coloration of skin, nails, eyeballs etc. with other symptoms like pain in abdomen or mental confusion, see a doctor immediately.
What are Complications of Liver Failure?
- Bleeding disorders
- Kidney failure
- Cerebral edema
Herbal Remedies for Liver Failure
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Liver Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of liver failure. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Liver Detox Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
1. Indian Echinacea
Echinacea has been used in Ayurveda for stimulating the immune system. This herb is very effective for the liver and lymph nodes. It also helps fight infections such as coughs, tonsillitis, skin inflammations and general infections. Echinacea comes in many different forms. Indian Echinacea are good for promoting the immune system. The parts of the plant i.e. flower, root and leaves all contain immune boosting properties.
2. Yakrit Plihantak Churna
Yakrit Plihantak Churna is an herbal mixture of specific herbs to improve liver function. It helps the liver in clearing away the toxins. It regenerates the liver cells and prevents liver failure. It is useful in liver cirrhosis, jaundice, liver damage due to alcohol, toxins and infection. The herbs increase the bile production and improve liver function. The combination of herbs is an excellent remedy for all liver problems. Yakrit Plihantak Churna is purely an herbal formulation and free from any chemicals.
Phyllanthus has been used safely in Ayurveda since ancient times. It is a liver cleanser which may reduce the effect of some modern medicines. Phyllanthus helps to cleanse the liver and also rejuvenates the liver with protection.
4. Liver Detox Formula
Liver Detox Formula combines some of the finest liver stimulating herbs available. The liver plays a key role in the body's natural self defense system. It converts and neutralizes toxins into safe by products. The liver is one of most important organs of the body. A liver failure affects every organ and tissue of the body. Liver has many functions in the body and the most important is the secretion of bile. A malfunctioning liver can have far reaching effects throughout the body. It leads to symptoms like poor digestion, fatigue, bloating and hormonal irregularities. The combination of various herbs in Liver Detox Formula can help to restore and stimulate liver function. It can be taken daily for continued liver support.
To buy Liver Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/liver-care-pack
What are Dietary Guidelines in Liver Failure?
- Avoid all sticky food items (refined flour, bakery products, rice, curd, and bananas etc.)
- Avoid packaged foods and beverages, fried and junk food, non veg. and all sour fruits and food items.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Choose all vegetables which are growing on climbers – Pumpkin, long gourd, round gourds, bottle gourds. You can use them to make soup or juice and also use them as vegetables.
- Beetroot, papaya, carrots, radish are good to have.
- Drink fresh Coconut water.
How Liver Failure can be Prevented?
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Eat well. Opt for a healthy and natural diet including all groups and stay away from all kind of junk, fried and packed foods items.
- Say no to alcohol or take in moderation.
- Avoid wild mushrooms.
- Avoid contact with others blood or fluids.
- Get with hepatitis vaccine at time.
- Wash your hands after you use washrooms or you touch any food item.
- Do not use any toiletry items like blades, razors or toothbrush.
- Whenever you go for piercing or tattooing, make sure all the equipment are aseptic.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Make sure you use condom while having intercourse.