PMS indicates pre menstrual syndrome. It affects millions of females during their reproductive stage. During the transitional phase of menarche the adolescent girl experiences emotional fluctuation due to unexplained stress and this continues with every cycle, which is known as the premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMS can have physiological as well as psychological symptoms. These symptoms start 5-6 days prior to the onset of menstrual flow. The etiology behind it is the change of female hormone levels in the blood.
Symptoms of PMS
- Weight gain
- Tenderness of breasts
- Menstrual cramps
- Dullness in complexion
- Mood fluctuations
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) - According to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, a smooth menstruation denotes proper well being of a female. Imbalance in Vata dosha is responsible for any disorders of reproductive system. Any stress and discomfort leads to imbalance between body and mind. The vitiation of doshas results in some blockage in circulation and accumulation of toxins in the body, which are key factor for showing symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
Anxiety, depression, constipation, headache and severe cramps are due to aggravated vata dosha where as pitta dosha results in irritable mood, skin rashes and thirst. Kapha dosha association shows symptoms such as heaviness in body, loss of appetite, nausea, depression and fatigue.
Herbal Remedies for Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as PMS Care Cack for ayurvedic treatment of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). These herbal remedies supports female fitness, provides energy, enhances stamina, revitalizes the body and heals wear and tear in the body. PMS Care Pack helps in maintaining normal menstrual flow and duration; it also checks the blood flow and secretions. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Female Health Support - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water.
- Pradrantak Churna - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with warm water.
- Mahashankh Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water.
- Aloe Vitals - 1 capsules twice daily with warm water.
- Brahmi Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water.
1. Female Health Support
Female health support capsules are herbal formulation, which gives strength to the female reproductive system and it is a wonderful tonic for females of any age. According to Ayurveda most of the problems in females arises because of aggravated vata dosha, pitta and kapha dosha are associated with it.
- Ashoka (Saraca Indica/saraca asoca) is a well known herbal uterine tonic for female health. It is effective in distress related to PMS as well as menopause. Ashoka balances estrogen levels and normalizes endometrial lining during menstruation. Ashoka acts directly on muscles of the uterus and has stimulating effect on the endometrial tissue. It is an astringent, useful in uterine infections, acts as uterine sedative in spasmodic conditions, excessive bleeding, leucorrhoea etc.
- Shatavari roots are rich source of phytoestrogens. Shatavari relives symptoms of PMS such as anxiety, fatigue, moody attitude, depression etc. shatavari maintains the body in synchronization with mind and the feel good factor to the female without any side effect.
- Lodha (Symplocos racemosa) acts on female reproductive system due to its cooling and astringent property. It checks the bleeding and rejuvenates the endometrial lining very fast. It acts on mucous membrane and manages its secretions.
2. Pradrantak Churna
Prdrarantak Churna is a special formulation for females by Planet Ayurveda. This formulation is a variation of classical preparation "pushyanug churna". It is an excellent natural herb based formula effective in leucorrhea, dysfunctional bleeding and PMS. Regular use of this herbal powder minimizes symptoms of PMS like heaviness in breasts, leg cramps, leucorrhea, menstrual cramps, heavy bleeding and lethargy.
- Ashoka is widely used in Ayurveda as a complete tonic for females. It pacifies pitta and kapha dosha because of that the symptoms of PMS like heaviness, increase in temperature , heavy bleeding subsides narurally. The bark of Ashoka contains estrogenic compound ketosterol, which acts similar to female hormone and effective in excess or heavy bleeding. Ashoka enhances the restoration of the endometrium.
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) is rich source natural of calcium and iron it improves blood circulation. It is rejuvenating and improves the healing power. Arjuna is well known for its action as a heart rejuvenator and tonic. The astringent action of Arjuna maintains firmness of the reproductive tissues and checks excessive blood flow. Arjuna is useful in edema, ulcers, fractures, malabsorption, acne and skin ailments.
- The bark of Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) is considered as cooling and astringent. It reduces secretions from vagina like in leucorrhea and metrorrhagia. Lodhra acts on mucous membrane of reproductive system and balances the secretions.
- Udumbar (Ficus glomerata) have astringent, hepatoprotective, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, antitussive, antiasthmatic, anti diarrheal , hypolipidemic , antiulcer, anti-pyretic and antioxidant, properties. Bark of this tree is useful in menorrhagia, leucorrhoea, burning sensations, infections, chronic wounds, swelling, miscarriage, bleeding piles and inflammation.
3. Mahashankh Vati
Mahashankh Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine, used to treat gastritis, acidity, indigestion, piles etc. According to the principles of Ayurveda, the balance of three vital energies or dosha known as Vata, Kapha and Pitta results in a healthy body. Any imbalance of these leads to ailment such as indigestion, gas acidity, loose stools, body pain, swelling etc. It contains digestive herbs like Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Shankha Bhasma, Tamarind Bark (Tamarindus indica), Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) etc.
Mahashankh Vati prepared by Planet Ayurveda is effective remedy for gas, acidity, flatulence, bloating, duodenal and gastric ulcers. It is also very useful in ulcerative colitis as well as indigestion. It removes the toxins from the body. Yavakshar helps in maintaining the electrolyte balance in the body and helps in restoring proper functions of digestive system. Mahashankha vati relives symptoms of PMS like backache, anorexia, acidity, abdominal cramps and leg cramps. It regulates bowel habit.
4. Aloe Vitals Capsules
Aloes vitals contain standardized extract of Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is a well known plant all over the world. Sanskrit name of Aloe Vera is "Ghrit Kumari". Ghrit Kumari is a multi-beneficial herb used in Ayurveda. It acts as anti inflammatory, uterine tonic, laxative, appetite stimulant, liver protective, immune-modulatory. Numerous studies demonstrate its analgesic, wound healing properties. Aloe Vera is rich in Vit. A, B, C, E and folic acid. Vitamin B and C plays an important role in stress reduction. Aloe Vera contains minerals such as sodium, calcium, zinc, chromium, manganese, potassium, magnesium, copper and selenium. Sodium and potassium regulates body fluid and helps in reducing weight gain due to PMS. The ligin , which is present in Aloe Vera heals the skin and improves the quality of blood. Aloe Vera relives constipation. It flushes out the toxins from the body, which are produced due to stress. In whole we can say that Aloe Vera detoxifies the body.
Aloes vitals capsules attribute synergistic effect on reproductive when combined with Shatavari and Ashoka, which are present in our product Female Health Support Capsule. If these are taken for about 6 months, one can get rid of the symptoms of PMS naturally.
5. Brahmi Vati
Brahmi vati is a very beneficial ayurvedic formulation which contains a combination of ayurvedic herbs such as brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), vacha (Acorus calamus), etc. It is very helpful in managing the difficulties faced in premenstrual syndrome. Brahmi vati helps to pacify the excessive vata dosha from the body which helps to regulate the mood, improves the sleep cycle, manages headache, etc. It is useful in reducing the tenderness in the muscles and manages body pain also.
To buy PMS Care Cack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/pms-care-pack
Diet and Lifestyle
You are advised to take a balanced diet. Increase fiber to your diet. Drink adequate amount of water to flush out toxins from the body.
- Heavy spicy food
- Reduce fat intake
- Alcohol in take
- Reduce salt and sour items
- Add exercise to your routine
- Self massage of hands, foot and ears