Boils are the infection of hair follicles of the skin. Most of these infections can become serious. They are usually caused by Staphylococcus bacteria. This germ can be present on the normal skin. It can enter the body through tiny breaks in the skin. The face, neck, armpits, buttocks and shoulders are the common places for boils to appear. A boil usually starts as a red, hard lump which becomes softer, larger and painful over the next few days. A pocket of pus then forms on the top of the boil. Boils are also known as Abscesses.
What are the Causes of Boils?
Most of the boils are caused by germ and other health problems which lead to boils are listed below:
- Unhealthy diet.
- Poor hygiene.
- Immune system problems.
- Chemicals exposure may also lead to boils.
What are the Symptoms of Boils?
The common symptoms of the boils are:
- Skin around boils become infected.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- More boils can appear around the already infected skin.
- Fever can develop.
What are the Risk Factors for Boils?
Anybody can develop boils. People with certain illness and weak immune system are at higher risk of developing boils. Certain medications can also lead to boils. Some diseases in which there is inadequate antibody production can increase the chances of developing boils.
What are the Types of Boils or Abscesses?
In general, there are two types of boils which are explained below:
Internal Abscesses: These are those boils that occur deep in the body parts such as liver abscess.
External Abscesses: These are those boils which are visible on the surface of the skin as red and raised lump.
How Can Boils be Prevented?
Boils can be prevented to some extent by following measures:
- Healthy diet.
- By washing clothes and towels of infected people carefully
- Good personal Hygiene.
Ayurveda and Boils
Ayurveda is a science of life which helps to maintain healthy body in a natural way. There are three doshas, according to Ayurveda. These are Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha. Any imbalance in any of these dosha results in unhealthy body. Boils or Abscesses are known as "Vidhradhi" in Ayurveda.
- Vataja: It is due to predominance of Vata dosha. It occurs in Vata areas like in anal region.
- Pittaja: It is due to symptoms of pitta aggravation like fever and other pitta problems. It is found in the body part where pitta is the main resident such as liver Abscess.
- Kaphaja: It occurs due to Kapha dosha in Kapha regions. E.g. - tooth Abscess.
- Raktaja: It occurs due to the vitiation of Rakta. It occurs mainly due to blood born infections.
- Sannipataja: It occurs due to the vitiation of all the three doshas.
- Aagnatuja: It occurs due to an external invasion.
Herbal Remedies for Boils
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of Boils. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
Dosage / Usage
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula - 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Manjishtha Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Nirgundi Oil - As directed by physician.
- Tea Tree-Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar - As directed by physician.
1. Neem Capsules
Standardized extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica) is used to prepare Neem capsules that possess all the medicinal properties of neem. These capsules help to treat any kind of skin ailment like psoriasis, eczema, ringworm and other infectious and non-infectious skin diseases. These capsules are full of medicinal properties just like the herb neem, possesses anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant and detoxifying properties.
2. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
As the name suggests these herbal capsules help to maintain the health of the skin and help to treat ailments like psoriasis, eczema, lichen planus, scabies etc. It helps in maintaining the elasticity, smoothness and firmness of the skin. Strength of hair and nails is also improved by these herbal capsules.
3. Gandhak Rasayan
These herbal tablets help in maintaining the moisturized skin and remove the dead skin cells. Purified sulphur (shuddh gandhak) is used to prepare these herbal tablets. Gandhak rasayan tablets have the property of drawing the moisture from the surrounding atmosphere into the skin, hence preventing dryness. It also helps to treat many skin ailments like acne, leprosy, ringworm, scabies etc.
4. Manjistha Capsules
Rubia cordifolia (Manjistha) is the herb used in standardized form to prepare these herbal capsules. It possesses numerous medicinal properties like they act as a blood purifier, promote early wound healing, treat calcium deficiency, relieve skin ailments, relieve menstrual cramps, detoxify the body, destroy tumors and treat joint pains.
5. Nirgundi Oil
Vitex negundo is the main herb content of this oil that helps in relieving various skin complaints. There are also some other herbs in small proportion in Nirgundi oil to enhance its medicinal quality, like Manjistha, Kalihari and Haridra. It aids in faster wound healing, relieves pain, treats leprosy, inflammation of the skin, lesions on the skin, etc.
6. Tea Tree-Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar
Tea tree oil is the main ingredient of this paraben free bathing soap. Aloe is also present in this herbal soap. Both of the herbs help in maintaining healthy and moisturized skin. It prevents infectious diseases of the skin and also helps to treat them. Regular use of this soap prevents dry skin, moisturizes the skin and clears off the infectious lesions present on the skin.
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/skin-care-pack