About Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a disease which includes medical conditions that damage our kidneys. It decreases the ability of our kidneys to keep us healthy and leads to gradual loss of kidney function. It may be caused by diabetes, high blood pressure and several other health conditions. Chronic kidney disease is also known as chronic kidney failure.
Types of Kidney Failure
- Acute Pre-renal Kidney Failure occurs due to insufficient flow of blood to the kidneys.
- Acute Intrinsic Kidney Failure is caused by physical impact, accident, overload of toxins, etc.
- Chronic Pre-Renal Kidney Failure occurs when low blood flow to the kidney is not treated and the condition remains as such for a long period of time that kidney begins to shrink.
- Chronic Intrinsic Kidney Failure occurs due to damage caused to the kidney by intrinsic kidney disease.
- Chronic Post Renal Kidney Failure occurs due to prevention of urinary waste elimination by a long-term blockage of the urinary tract.
Healthy Diet for Kidney Patients
Healthy diet is must in order to manage the symptoms of this disease. Black gram, Bajra, corn, soya bean, and mix wheat should be included in the diet especially, if you are suffering from diabetes also. Pulses are high in proteins and hence you should use moderate quantity of pulses in your diet. If your potassium levels are not too high, then you can include vegetables such as turnip, carrot, cabbage in your diet. You can take juices such as coconut water, Aloe Vera juice, wheat grass juice but with caution if potassium levels are high. Spices such as turmeric, coriander, cumin seeds, are good for kidneys. Food items such as olive oil, cow's ghee, and mustard oil can be used.
Ayurvedic Approach to Kidney Disease
Ayurveda says that urine formation starts in the intestines and filtration takes place in the kidneys. According to Ayurveda, imbalance in Agni, which is known as fire element, disturbs the formation of urine and its filtration. Malformed urine leads to the accumulation of wastes in our body. In Ayurveda, this unwanted waste accumulation is known as "Ama sanchaya". This slowly leads to loss of kidney function.
Herbal Remedies for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Revive Kidneys Pack for ayurvedic treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Varunadi Vati – 2 tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna – 1 Teaspoonful twice daily with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula – 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur – 2 tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
1. VARUNADI VATI
Varun is main ingredient in this natural preparation. Varun is known as scientifically – Crataeva nurvala. Other ingredients are Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Rakt Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus). Varunadi vati helps to maintain healthy urinary system.
2. MUTRAKRICHANTAK CHURNA
A nutritional supplements for healthy kidneys by Planet Ayurveda which contains ingredients such as Trinpanchmool (5 Grass Roots), Varuna (Crataeva nurvala), Palash (Butea monosperma), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Rakt Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus) etc.
3. RENCURE FORMULA
Rencure Formula is a dietary supplement by Planet Ayurveda. It is packed with standardized extracts of Varuna (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Kasni (Cichorium intybus) and Palaash (Butea monosperma). Rencure Formula maintains healthy kidneys. It helps to balance three doshas of body.
4. PUNARNAVA MANDUR
Punarnava mandur is blend of ingredients such as Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Trivrit (Operculina turpethum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Marich (Piper nigrum), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Devadaru (Cedrus deodara), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) etc. Punarnava mandur maintains water balance in body and also support kidney health.
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack