Ayurvedic Treatment of Low Bone Density
What is low bone density?
Low bone density is a condition that can be termed as a prodromal symptom of osteoporosis. It is an initial stage of the disease and is better known as Osteopenia.
In people with low bone density, there are early signs of bone loss that can turn into osteoporosis. In such cases, the body loses bone tissues at a faster rate which is not matched by the rate at which it is replenished by the body.
What Causes Osteopenia?
Maximum bone density is present in the human body at the age of 30 years. After this the bone minerals are resorbed into the blood as a natural process of ageing.
This causes osteopenia which, if not treated, leads to osteoporosis.
Who is at risk for developing osteopenia?
- Females are at a greater risk
- Low calcium diet
- Smoking and excessive alcohol intake
- Family history
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Thin and small body frames
Diagnosis of osteopenia
There are many diagnostic techniques that can measure the severity of bone mineral loss according to which, the line of treatment can be formulated.
Daily requirement of calcium by the body
- Calcium is an important mineral which is also known as a micronutrient important for body's growth and maintenance.
- Calcium is required for the maintenance of healthy bones, muscles and nervous system. It is also required for the proper functioning of the heart as well.
- Calcium in combination with Phosphorus becomes an important mineral combination that keeps the bones healthy.
- For an average adult the amount of Calcium required per day is approximately 2500 mg per day. This amount is variable for different age groups.
- It should be ideally supplemented by following the right diet and taking natural supplements that do not have any side effects.
Role of calcium in maintaining bone health
Calcium and vitamin D work as a team to maintain healthy bone structure. While calcium helps to build and regularly maintain bone structure, Vitamin D helps to effectively absorb this calcium from the blood.
Therefore, people with a low vitamin D level have a deficiency of calcium in the body over time as any dietary calcium will not be effectively absorbed by the body.
Why is Osteopenia more common in women?
- In women, estrogen and progesterone are the main hormones that regulate major reproductive functions and body features. It is a cause of concern for women of all ages as they are naturally predisposed for developing osteopenia.
- Estrogen is mainly responsible for maintaining a healthy bone density. This is why menopausal females are at an increased risk of developing osteopenia.
- Other factors as mentioned above also play a crucial role, which is why, any women who may not be menopausal can develop osteopenia.
- Osteopenia causes body weakness and an increased susceptibility to get fractured bones. It is a disorder that can be easily modified by being a little health conscious and following the right diet and lifestyle.
How to naturally avoid osteopenia?
- A diet rich in the right nutrients is quintessential for a healthy body and bones.
- A check on the smoking and alcohol intake is another requisite.
- Consume food products rich in calcium and vitamin D. Try and go for natural sources of these nutrients rather than using artificial calcium supplements. They are not effective at all and lead to problems like abdominal bloating and calcium stones.
- For females, who have had an early menopause, hormone replacement can be considered as an option to avoid the development of osteoporosis.
Herbal Remedies for Low Bone Density
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Osteoporosis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of low bone density. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Lakshadi Guggul - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Coral Calcium Complex – 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Bone Support – 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Arjuna Capsules - 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Lakshadi Guggul
These tablets consist of various herbs Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), laksha (Laccifer lacca), Asthisamharka (Cissus quandrangularis), Arjuna (Terminalis Arjuna), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Nagabala (Grewia populifloria) etc.
Benefits: These tablets are the excellent natural formulation to enhance calcium deposition on bones. It helps to increase the bone strength. If it is taken along with the calcium supplements, it helps in deposition of calcium at right place in the body. It is very effective and with no side effect. These tablets are 100% vegetarian.
2. Coral calcium complex
These herbal capsules are the nature's best formula for the bone density and strength. These capsules consist of various ingredients Parval Pishti (Coral compound), Akik Pishti (Agate compound), Jawar Mohra Pishti, Kamdhudha Ras (Compound), Mukta Pishti (Pearl) compound and Giloy Satva (TInospora cordifloia).
Benefits: The herbal remedy for osteoporosis, coral calcium complex capsules is the nature's bone formula to improve bone density and strength. Nature has given excess life supporting substances and most of them are from seas and plant life. They help to find low bone density especially menopause and elderly. This product regulates the calcium, phosphorus and bone metabolism. The product regulates the calcium, phosphorous and bone metabolism to give stronger, healthy and mineral rich bones.
3. Bone support
These capsules consist of various herbs and natural compunds such as Shudha laksha (laccifera lacca), Sudhanjana beej (Morianga oleifera), Hadjod (Cissus quandrangular), Arjun (Terminalis arjuna), Praval Pishti (Corallium rubrum) and Mukta (Pearl calcium compound).
Benefits: Shudha laksha, Sudhanjana beej are rich in natural calcium compounds and Arjuna is also known to provide strength to the bones. Hadjod is a popular herb for promoting calcium deposition and retention in bones and helps in quick healing osteoporosis. Praval and Mukta are natural coral and pearl calcium and rich in elemental calcium.
4. Arjuna capsules
These capsules are the pure extract of Terminalis arjuna (Arjuna). It also helps to provide the strength to the bones. It is a boon to the mankind.
To buy Osteoporosis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/osteoporosis-care-pack.html