The oldest system of medicine in India is Ayurveda that cure ailments in a natural way by natural things present in nature. According to Ayurvedic principles our body is balanced by three vital energies i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Imbalance of these energies leads to illness.
Ayurveda calls Parkinson's disease as kampvata in Ayurveda. Due to overconsumption of dry and cold foods, fasting, skipping meals, more excitement etc. leads to vitiation of Vata dosha which leads to vitiation of rasa dhatu. Here presents with dry skin which is considered as the Poorva roopa of kampvata. Later on vitiated Vata goes deeper and affects Meda, Majja dhatus to block the channels and results in stiffness, rigidity of muscles, and tight skin with tremors. Tremors is kampa and bio-humor that is air is Vata therefore disease named as kampvata.
Parkinsonism (Parkinson's syndrome) is a neurological disorder which affects the body movements due to impaired neurons in specific area of brain. Normally neurons produce a chemical dopamine responsible for controlling movements. When cells releasing dopamine are damaged symptoms of slow hand movements, unstable postures, tremors and muscle stiffness occurs.
Men are more likely to have with this health condition. Elderly people after 60 are more prone with the ratio 1:100. Genes are also responsible for Parkinson's disease to develop.
Causes of Parkinsonism
- Brain stroke and tumors
- Psychiatric medications and illegal drugs usage for longer period of time
- Head injuries
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Age and genetics
Common Symptoms of Parkinsonism
Symptoms Vary Greatly Among Individuals:-
- Tremors (shaking, trembling) affecting hand, arm and leg
- Stiffness of muscles
- Slow movements
- Depression, Hallucinations and delusions
- Unstable postures
- Speech and swallowing problems in later stages of disease
Complications Related to Parkinson's Disease
- People with Parkinson's diseases experience lack of concentration, low memory, lot of mental stress and anxiety.
- There is accumulation of saliva which drools out due to lack of proper swallowing capacity.
- There is no control over bladder, either person faces difficulty in urinating or excess urination.
- Constipation due to poor digestive problems.
- Sleeping problems.
- Sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, low libido etc.
- Sudden fall of blood pressure (hypotension)
Herbal Remedies for Parkinson's Disease (Kampavata) by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Parkinsonism Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of parkinson's disease (kampavata). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Brahmi Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Vrihat Vatchintamani Ras - 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Musli Strength - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Zandopa Powder - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily after meals.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Brahmi Chyawanprash - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily after meals, preferably with milk.
1. BRAHMI CAPSULES
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is a potent herb widely used in ayurvedic formulations made for nervine conditions and acts as a nervine tonic.
- Brahmi is believed to promote mental health by sharpening the brain which helps in increasing learning, grasping power and memory-booster.
- Brahmi helps treat Parkinsonism, ADHD, and Alzheimer's disease.
- It helps in relieving and preventing stress, anxiety.
- It also helps in reducing inflammation.
- It improves mental clarity, alertness, boosts energy without causing any adverse effects.
It is available in capsule form from standardized Brahmi. It is 100% vegetarian preparation and free from preservatives, starch, colors, additive.
2. VRIHAT VATCHINTAMANI RAS
Vrihat vat Chintamani ras is the classical ayurvedic formulation helpful in treating various neurological ailments. It consists of ashes of various heavy metals which have multiple actions and properties that help to treat a wide range of disorders.
- It balances Vata dosha and helps in treating paralysis, hemiplegia, facial palsy, tremors, psychosis, epilepsy, etc.
- It has anti-oxidant properties, act as rejuvenating and anti-aging Ayurvedic medicine.
3. MUSLI STRENGTH
Planet Ayurveda's musli strength is a wonderful formulation prepared from two herbs which are famous for their actions and properties namely Safed Musli and Gokshur. This formulation is helpful in arthritis, diabetes, boosting vitality. Also, it has aphrodisiac and revitalizing properties and widely used for these from ancient times of Ayurveda. It increases testosterone production and treats almost all kinds of male reproductive tract problems.
4. Zandopa Granules
It is another natural supplement that supports the brain and the nerves. It helps maintain a good memory and should be used regularly especially in old age.
5. Ashwagandha Capsules
Planet Ayurveda's Ashwagandha capsule contains standardized extract of Ashwagandha herb (Withania somniferum). It is a great herbal supplement for maintaining health and wellbeing. Planet Ayurveda's Ashwagandha capsules are purely vegetarian and free from chemicals and additives.
6. Brahmi Chyawanprash
Brahmi Chyawanprash is an herbal jam containing a unique blend of Amla (Emblica officianalis), Brahmi (Bacopa monieri) and 48 other herbs. It serves as a good dietary supplement for maintaining health and is good for supporting a healthy brain and nervous system. Planet Ayurveda's Brahmi chyawanprash is an herbal product which causes no side effects.
To buy Parkinsonism Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/parkinsonism-care-pack.
- Prefer high fiber diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Coconut water is good to have
- Opt for vegetables like bottle gourd, bitter melons, ridge gourd, round gourd, pumpkin etc.
- Spinach, carrot, radish, papaya, apples, pears are good to have.
- Avoid using salt in excess
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Say no to all kind of junk, fried and spicy foods
- Do not take stress and relax your mind