Tinea is a name for a group of skin diseases which are caused by fungus. It is one of the common fungal infection. It is also known as Ringworm because the rashes formed by infection is circular, with a ring like appearance. It can be spread by direct contact of skin or can be spread indirectly.
Affected areas by Tinea:-
The areas that are commonly affected by Tinea include the feet, scalp, groin and beneath the breasts.
Symptoms of Tinea
The symptoms of Tinea are listed below:
- Appearance of red rash in the form of a ring on the skin.
- Athlete's foot - Itching and cracked skin between the toes.
- Appearance of bald spots on scalp.
- Discoloration of nails.
- Peeling or scaling of the skin.
- Itching, burning rashes in the groin area.
Types of Tinea
Depending on the area which is affected, Tinea is named as below:
- Tinea capitis - Scalp (It is also known as scalp ringworm).
- Tinea corporis - Body.
- Tinea universalis - Whole body surface.
- Tinea faciei - Face.
- Tinea versicolor - Neck.
- Tinea barbae - Beard.
- Tinea manuum - Hand.
- Tinea unguium - Nails.
- Tinea cruris - Groin and buttock (It is also known as jock itch).
- Tinea pedis - Feet (It is also known as Athlete's toes or Athlete's feet).
How can we avoid Tinea Infection?
Perspiration and overheating leads to Tinea infection. We can avoid Tinea infection by adopting following ways:
- Dry the skin thoroughly after washing, especially between the toes and within skin folds.
- By exposing the skin to air as much as possible.
- Instead of synthetic, wear cotton socks.
- By wearing thongs while going to swimming pools, gyms and other communal areas.
- By not sharing the towels of Tinea infected person.
What is the Effect of Diet on Tinea?
In general, Healthy diet helps to maintain overall health of the body. In case you are suffering from Tinea, you should avoid oily and junk foods as these foods upset stomach and intestines. Include easily digestible foods into your diet. Turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom and curry leaves are some of the foods that help maintain healthy skin. Avoid heavy and excessive food. You can include buttermilk in your diet.
What is the Effect of Exercise on Tinea?
In general, exercise is good for overall health of the body. Regular exercise supports healthy immune system of our body and hence helps our body to fight against infections.
Tinea in Ayurveda
Is there any Ayurvedic Treatment for Tinea?
According to Ayurvedic concept it is known as Twak vikara in the pitta dosh gets aggravated which leads to rakta vitiation.
Treatment of any disease generally depends upon the cause of that disease. Still, there are many other factors on which treatment of disease depends. These factors include diet, lifestyle, and exercise etc. Healthy lifestyle, healthy diet, Good hygiene and doing regular exercise are some of the ways which can help to maintain overall health of the body.
Herbal Remedies for Tinea (Ringworm)
Planet Ayurveda offers effective herbal remedies like Gandhak Rasayan, Neem Capsules, Kaishore Guggul and Nirgundi oil for ayurvedic treatment of Tinea (ringworm). We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
Gandhak rasayan tablets of Planet Ayurveda contain pure Gandhak (Sulphur purified) and pure Sharkar (pure sugar) in it. It is one of the best herb for skin problem also beneficial in many other health issues like:-
- Problem or the disease arising due to exhausted body tissues
- Diseases affecting head
- Toxic condition
- Pain in cardiac region, gastritis
Pack size - Each bottle contains 120 tablets in it.
Dosage - 2 tablets twice to thrice daily, with plain water, after meals.
The Neem capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain pure extracts of Neem (Azadirachta indica) in it. This capsules are not only good for healthy skin but for overall health of the body. Other benefits of Neem.
- Cleans up the moisture and dries the wounds and ulcers
- Improves the digestion system
- Relives excessive thirst as it calm the pitta dosha
- Helpful in cough
Pack size - Each bottle contains 60 capsules in it.
Dosage - 1-2 capsules twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
The Kaishore Guggul tablets of Planet Ayurveda contain Guggulu resin (Commiphora mukul), Ginger root (Zingiber officinale), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Pippali fruit (Piper longum), Black pepper fruit (Piper nigrum), Nishoth root (Operculina turpethum), Danti root (Baliospermum montanum), Amalaki fruit (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki fruit (Terminalia bellirica) and Haritaki fruit (Terminalia chebula) in it. It is an Ayurvedic herbal product which is good for the skin and the problems related to skin. It is also helpful and beneficial for other health issues.
- Beneficial in pain of gouts, arthritis
- Non healing wound are managed by it
- Urinary disorder
- Low digestion
- Cold and cough
- Inflammatory condition
- Abdominal tumor, fibroid
Pack size - Each bottle contains 120 tablets in it.
Dosage - 2-3 tablets twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
4. Nirgundi oil
The Nirgundi oil of Planet Ayurveda is the formulation of different herb which are combined and formulated in oil form. The herbs in it are Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Kalihari (Gloriosa superba) and Tila oil (Sesamum indicum). Very beneficial for skin and other body parts.
- Controls PMS
- Treats Menopausal symptoms
- Heals the wounds
Pack size - Each bottle contains 100 ml of oil in it.