Ayurvedic Treatment for Bacterial Vaginosis
Ayurvedic treatment for bacterial vaginosis is the safest way to get rid of its symptoms like vaginal discharge with fishy odor because herbal remedies are proven to be very successful without causing any side effect.
About Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is also known as vaginal bacteriosis which is the commonest cause for vaginal infection in women of childbearing age. Vaginal bacteriosis is a type of vaginal inflammation, results from the overgrowth of many types of bacteria that present in the vagina. As it occurs in women in their reproductive years but any woman can experience the condition.
Bacterial vaginosis should not be confused with candidiasis that is yeast infection or trichomonas vaginalis which are due to imbalance of naturally occurring bacterial flora, present in a woman's vagina.
About 40 to 50 percent women have BV without any symptom. It appears and disappears by its own without any reason.
Causes of Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis takes place when microorganisms normally present in the vagina starts multiplying.
There are various reasons behind it like:-
- The overgrowth of many types of bacteria without any specific reason that are present in the vagina.
- It may occur in women who are not sexually active.
- Having multiple sex partners.
- Use of intrauterine devices and vaginal douches for contraception.
- Recent use of antibiotics.
- Smoking cigarette.
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
Though half of women don't have any symptoms, but those have may present with following:-
- Thin grayish white vaginal discharge
- Vaginal itching
- Foul smell especially after sexual intercourse
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Vaginal bleeding
Complications of the Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginasis may lead to several complications like:-
- PID - Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- In pregnancy - miscarriage, premature delivery, chorioamnionitis
- FHIV infection susceptibility
- Some sexual transmitted infections
- Post-surgical infections
- Tubal factor infertility
Tests and Diagnosis for Bacterial Vaginosis
- Doctor asks for medical history like previous vaginal infections, sexually transmitted diseases etc.
- Pelvic examination is done.
- Sample of vaginal secretions for studies are taken.
Herbal Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis by Planet Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda Bacterial vaginosis is related to Kaphaja Yonivyapath. In this condition due to imbalance of Kapha dosha this infection take place. Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as BV Care Pack for Ayurvedic treatment of bacterial vaginosis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. These remedies are utterly natural, pure and vegetarian. These remedies are free from chemicals, preservatives, additives and any side effects.
How To Use?
- Neem Capsules: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Pradrantak Churna: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Nirgundi Oil: For external use over affected area twice daily.
- Gandhak Rasayan: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Neem Capsules
Neem capsules are used worldwide for blood purification. It has got many health benefits as is a potent antioxidant and immunity modulator. Standardized extract of Neem herb (Azadirachta indica) is used for capsule preparation. The herb is best anti-allergic that manage all skin allergies and respiratory tract infections. It neutralizes the effect of histamine that releases in allergies. Neem capsules treat dry skin, skin rashes, skin irritation, skin itching, skin inflammation etc.as it expels out the bacterial growth.
2. Pradrantak Churna
Pradrantak churna is an herbal powder blended with herbs like Lodhra (Symplocus racemosa), Ashok (Saraca indica), Udumbur (Ficus glomerata) and Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) that give effective results in bacterial vaginosis. It helps to reduce pain as well as inflammation. This herbal churna reduces grayish white vaginal discharge, vaginal itching, reduce foul smell especially after sexual intercourse, painful sexual intercourse, vaginal bleeding and burning sensation while urinating.
3. Nirgundi Oil
Nirgundi oil is a classical herbal oil prepared with ingredients like Tila oil (Sesamum indicum), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) and Kalihari (Gloriosa superba) that give effective result in bacterial vaginosis. The herbs in this oil possesses antibacterial, anti-filarial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-oxidant properties. It is highly useful in treating vaginal infections including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and candidiasis.
4. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan contains Shuddh Gandhak (Sulphur purified). Sulphur draws moisture from the environment into the skin. It removes the dead surface of the skin and reveals the healthy skin from underneath.
This classical formulation is an excellent rejuvenator. It helps in removing toxins out from the body and reduces inflammation and other symptoms of infection. This herbal tablet helps to flush out toxins from the body.
To buy BV Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/bv-care-pack
- Garlic is an effective natural anti-bacterial. Patient is advised to eat couple of garlic cloves daily.
- Add half teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink daily.
- Yogurt is most common and useful home remedy for bacterial vaginosis. Eat a bowl of yogurt every day until infection disappears. Patient is advised to soak cotton plugs in yogurt and keep in to the vagina or apply it over the inflamed area. Lactobacilli content in yogurt helps in treating urogenital infections whether ingested or applied topically.
- Soak a clean cloth in cold water and place over the outer area that gives relief from burning sensation.
- Drink plenty of water, fruit juices like cranberry juice to remove toxins out from the body.
- Avoid high saturated fat diet, sweet items, white bread, junk food etc which may irritate the vaginal pH and increase the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis. Diet with broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kiwi, carrot, turnip, etc is highly recommended.
- Maintain hygiene wear cotton undergarments, change daily and wash with antibacterial soaps. Use good qualities sanitary pads, wash the external part properly after intercourse, don't use bath tubs or else clean those regularly to avoid the infection.