Best Diet Plans for Ulcerative Colitis - Foods to Avoid
If you are suffering from Ulcerative Colitis, it is important that you follow a diet plan. This will help to have a control on this inflammatory painful disorder. It affects the colon, rectum and the small intestines as well in certain cases. Ulcer formation takes place in the endothelial layers of the colon, which inflamed and red in color.
The symptoms of this disorder are abdominal cramps, diarrhea, poor appetite, anemia, fatigue, joint pain and liver problems. Different organs and tissues are affected, which further aggravate the situation.
Stress, sleeping disorder, lack of hygienic balanced diet, consumption of alcohol and too much intake of spicy food items further worsen the situation of Ulcerative Colitis.
The situation of this inflammatory disorder can be managed by following a hygienic lifestyle and balanced diet. It is important to note the nutrition and the diet of the patients because the major symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis like bleeding, diarrhea may lead to dehydration, anemia, electrolytic unbalance, fatigue and the body lacks important nutrients.
Ulcerative Colitis Diet
There are certain food products, which should be included in the diet and certain products, which need to be avoided.
What Foods Are Included in the Diet for Ulcerative Colitis?
The diet should be a well balanced diet. It should be rich in complex carbohydrate, protein, good fats and whole grains. The diet may have fruits, vegetables, poultry, breads, cereals and fishes. A patient with vegetarian diet may include soy products to get the proteins and other nutritional elements.
Ulcerative Colitis Recommended Diet
- Though leafy vegetables are good to use but in ulcerative colitis, these need to be restricted, actually depends upon the condition and symptoms.
- Vegetables like pumpkin, bottle gourd, ash gourd, ridge gourd are wonderful for digestion support and ease the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Banana is very good to use as it heals the ulcers and provides nutrition.
- One can use buttermilk, flavored with roasted cumin seeds.
- Green grass juice daily one glass makes another effective diet and home remedy in ulcerative colitis.
- Pomegranate juice 20 ml once daily is very effective to stop the bleeding.
- Marigold flower juice, rose petals juice also work wonder to deal with the condition.
- Herbal tea out of cumin, thyme and fennel again has been proved fantastic here.
What foods shall be avoided from the Ulcerative Colitis diet?
Diet is one of the important factors of the bowel related disorders. Avoiding certain food items help to alleviate the signs and symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis. It is highly recommended to avoid the following foods to get rid of the GI infection.
- Spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Carbonated drinks
- Foods having sulphur
- Refined sugar
- Packaged juice like aloe vera juice
- White flour
- Frozen food
- Juices of citrus fruits
- Senna, castor oil and other strong laxatives
Natural Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda brings to you the most potent, natural remedies as the Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack for natural treatment of ulcerative colitis. Only the best quality herbs are chosen for the preparation of these herbal remedies and are made on the principles of Ayurveda. The herbal remedies offered by Planet Ayurveda are natural, pure and vegetarian. Also, there are no chemicals, additives and preservatives which makes it free from side effects.
- Arjuna Capsuels : 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Vatsakadi Churna : 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Pitta Balance : 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Kutazghan Vati : 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meal.
The natural treatment for Ulcerative Colitis and the diet plan are extremely important to treat the chronic painful bowel disorder. Besides, the patient should try to avoid too much stress and anxiety. He should grab enough sleep regularly. He should drink a lot of water, which will help to get rid of the toxins from the body. These will help to get relief from the pain, inflammation and other situations of Ulcerative Colitis.