Bilberry Capsules - Best Herbal Supplement for Overall Health
Latin Name: Vaccinium myrtillus
Common Names: Whortleberry, Blueberry, Huckleberry, Hurtleberry, Whinberry, Wineberry.
Medicinal Part: Leaves, Berries.
Description: Bilberry is a perennial plant. The angular, green, branched stem grows from a creeping rootstock to a height of 1 to 1.5 feet. The reddish pink and solitary flowers have a pitcher shaped corolla and the fruit is a blue-black 5 seeded berry.
Properties: The main compounds in bilberry fruit are called 'anthocyanosides' and these compounds help build strong blood vessels and improve circulation to all areas of the body. They have anti-oxidant properties and boost the production of rhodopsin, a pigment that improves night vision and helps the eye adapt to light changes.
Bilberry fruit is rich in tannins which act as an astringent. The tannins have anti-inflammatory properties and help in the control of diarrhea.
In the past, dried bilberry fruits have been used to treat diarrhea. The tannins which act as an astringent shrink and tighten the top layers of mucous membranes thereby reducing secretions and relieving irritation. Tea brewed from dried bilberry fruits has also been used to care a sore throat.
About Bilberry Capsules
Planet Ayurveda's Bilberry Capsule is 100% pure and natural product taken from the best quality Vaccinium myrtillus herb. Bilberry is known by the botanical name of Vaccinium mrytillus. Other English names famous for Bilberry are Whortleberry, Huckleberry and Blueberry. The herbal product formed from Bilberry uses its extracts and delivers its effective qualities in the best possible way. The Bilberry ayurvedic herbal capsules are a completely natural product.
Benefits of Bilberry Capsules
- Bilberry acts as a vasodilator that opens blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. The eyes have a high concentration of capillaries and bilberry is helpful in improving eyesight.
- Bilberry shows improvement in the blood circulation, angina, stroke and atherosclerosis. It is used to improve varicose veins and has anti-aging effects on collagen structures.
- Bilberry preparations are used to prevent and treat 'chronic venous insufficiency', which occurs when valves in the veins carrying blood back to the heart become weak or damaged.
- Bilberry strengthens the walls of all blood vessels in the body and helps to relieve hemorrhoids.
- Bilberry has been reported to stop the growth of both leukemia and colon cancer cells.
- Bilberry extract possess anti-ulcer activity which is both preventive and curative.
- Bilberry, when administered to diabetes patients normalized capillary collagen thickness and blood sugar levels in human beings.
- Bilberry contains glucoquinine which is effective in lowering blood sugar.
- Bilberry can be used as an antidiarrhetic drug. It can be taken as needed to treat diarrhea and restore regulation to bowels.
- Bilberry has been found to be effective in treating varicose veins and blood clotting (thrombosis).
- Bilberry can be used as a relief for nausea and indigestion.
- Bilberry has also been used traditionally in the treatment of fibrocystic breast disease and painful menstruation.
- Bilberry has also been used to treat inflammation and ulcers in the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat.
- Bilberry helps greatly in improving heart function and good health.
- Bilberry is used for disease prevention and as an immune-boosting supplement to improve overall health and promote longevity.
Side effects if any - No Side Effects
Contraindications - No Contraindications
Dosage - One capsule three to six times daily, preferably with meals