Ayurvedic Treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease
What is Chronic Kidney disease?
Chronic kidney disease is a condition of kidneys that is characterized by a progressive loss kidney function, which results in kidney failure.
Healthy kidneys remove excess wastes and fluids from the body. In case of chronic kidney disease, there is a gradual impairment of this function performed by the kidneys.
What is Normal GFR?
GFR or Glomerular filtration rate is the measure of the normal rate at which the kidneys filter blood every minute.
The normal glomerular filtration rate is 60 ml/min.
A GFR below this value for a continuous period of 3 months is a sign of renal impairment.
Classification of CKD
|Stage 1||Hypertension, Urinary infections and abnormal urine analysis||90 or above||Normal kidney function|
|Stage 2||Same as in stage 1||60 - 89||Impaired kidney function with mild Decline in G.F.R.|
|Stage 3||Low blood cells, tingling and numbness, bone pain||30 – 59||Moderate decline in G.F.R.|
|Stage 4||Severe complications like Anemia Uremia, Anemia, malnutrition,||15 -29||Severe decline in G.F.R|
|Stage 5||Hyperparathyroidism, Swelling in the hands, legs, eyes, lower back, shortness of breath||15||Kidney failure|
How Diabetes Affects CKD?
Diabetes is one of the major causes why people develop renal impairment.
In the initial stages, small albumin proteins seep through the damaged kidneys in urine. Later on, there occurs heavy proteinuria as larger proteins are lost through the kidneys. In addition to this, there is a persistent reduction in the glomerular filtration rate as well.
Diabetes affecting kidney function is technically called as "Diabetic nephropathy".
High Blood Pressure in CKD
High blood pressure is a force which the blood exerts on the arterial walls.
In patients of hypertension, the kidneys receive blood at a pressure that is above normal blood pressure values.
Because of this, small capillaries supplying the different parts of the kidneys get damaged and result in renal impairment.
As a result, the excess fluids accumulate in the kidneys and build up blood pressure, all the more.
Cause of Anemia in CKD
Patients of kidney failure are unable to manufacture erythropoietin hormone that is critical for the formation of RBCs.
Who Should be Tested for CKD?
- Hypertensive patients
- Diabetics (Diabetes mellitus)
- Patients of ischemic heart diseases and cardio vascular diseases, cardiac failure etc.
- Patients taking nephrotoxic drugs (e.g. NAIDS, lithium, cyclosporine etc.)
- Patients of Benign prostatic hypertrophy and renal stones
- People with a family history of Stage 5 CKD
- People with a genetic predisposition to develop kidney disease
- Multisystem disease with potential kidney involvement e.g. systemic lupus Erythematous
What is dialysis?
In case of kidney failure, the kidneys are no longer able to sufficiently filter out excess fluid and waste metabolites from the body.
In such patients, the waste metabolites and excess water are artificially removed from the blood with the help of a dialyzer (a mechanical device).
It is mainly of two types – Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
When to Go for Dialysis?
When the kidneys fail to maintain the electrolyte imbalance in the body and there are raised urea and creatinine levels in blood, the ultimate option to manage kidney failure is dialysis and eventually a kidney transplant.
Is kidney Transplant Really Required?
Kidney transplant is the ultimate treatment for patients having severely impaired kidney function.
Dialysis is a very tedious procedure and the patient experiences a lot of discomfort going for frequent sittings of dialysis.
Another problem is the huge expenses associated with every dialysis sitting which are not feasible for every kidney patient.
Owing to all these inconveniences, kidney transplant becomes inevitable for kidney failure patients.
Herbal Remedies for Chronic Kidney Disease
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Revive Kidneys Pack for ayurvedic treatment of chronic kidney disease. These herbal remedies are very helpful in avoiding kidney transplant and dialysis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with warm water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 Teaspoonful twice daily warm with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula - 2 Capsules, twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with warm water after meals.
- Chandanadi Vati - 2 Tablets, twice daily with warm water after meals.
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack