AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF CHRONIC RHINITIS
ABOUT CHRONIC RHINITIS
Rhinitis is an inflammation or irritation of the nasal passages. This condition causes excess mucus production in the nose, leading to the runny nose and nasal congestion. A related condition called post nasal-drip, in which excess mucus accumulates at the back of the nose, is also a common side effect. Rhinitis is commonly caused by a viral and bacterial infection, including the common cold. Up to 20% of people are affected by rhinitis at any time, with most episodes being of fairly short duration. Prolonged episodes of rhinitis are called chronic rhinitis. This condition is often caused by allergies or exposure to chemical or other irritants. There are two main types of chronic rhinitis: allergic and non-allergic. Chronic allergic rhinitis is a relatively minor condition may affect the eyes, ears and throat in addition to the nose. Allergic rhinitis is caused by over-sensitization of the immune system to environmental antigens, which causes chronic irritation and inflammation when exposure occurs. Non-allergic chronic rhinitis does not directly involve the immune system. Instead exposure to one or more environmental triggers can cause inflammation of the nasal passages. Triggers differ from person to person, and may include smoke or perfume, changes in temperature or humidity, respiratory infection, spicy food, stress or specific types of medications. Symptoms of rhinitis include nasal itching and congestion, as well as runny nose and sneezing. Additional chronic rhinitis symptoms may include red and watery eyes, blockage in ears, headaches and fatigue, if the condition is caused by allergies. Allergic rhinitis is typically treated with medication to control symptoms. Chronic non-allergic rhinitis can be treated with wide range of home remedies. A hot shower or facial steam bath is popular home remedy for chronic rhinitis to loosen mucus in the nose and keep the head clear.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR CHRONIC RHINITIS
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Allergy Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of chronic rhinitis. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Tulsi Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water.
- Praan-Rakshak Churna - 1 tablespoon twice daily with plain water.
- Aller-G Care - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water.
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water.
1. Tulsi Capsules
Tulsi or Holy Basil has substantial medicinal meaning and is used in numerous Ayurvedic herbal supplements. It is an excellent herbal remedy for cough, sore throat and allergies. It is very effective in viral flu, influenza and chronic allergic rhinitis. Tulsi has been proved to play an important role in the management of immunological disorders, including all types of allergies and asthma. Regular use of Tulsi capsules helps body to fight infections in a natural way. It is a natural immuno – modulator and very effective for the treatment of chronic allergic rhinitis.
2. Praanrakshak Churna
Praanrakshak Churna is a natural combination of anti-allergy herbs. These herbs act together synergistically and are effective in chronic allergies, respiratory tract infections and chronic allergic rhinitis. The natural herbs i.e. Bharangi, Kantkari and Shirish act together as powerful anti-allergic and are effective in treating Asthmatic attacks. The herbs Vaasa and Madhuyashti are very useful in common cough and bleeding while coughing. Typlophora asthmatica is another useful herb in curing asthma and chronic allergic rhinitis. Praanrakshak Churna gives excellent result within 15 days of its regular use.
3. Aller-G Care
Aller-G Care is a blend of unique herbs and has been widely acclaimed as best anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory herbs. It is a very effective natural allergy care supplement for the treatment of chronic allergic rhinitis. It is a very useful herbal supplement to remove accumulated poisons being produced within the body. It is a natural combination of special Anti-Allergy herbs i.e. Haridra, Neem, Shirish and Ashwagandha. Allen-G Care is an effective herbal supplement for the treatment of allergies of all types, including asthma and chronic allergic rhinitis.
4. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin is the main biologically active compound of Turmeric. Turmeric is a traditional herbal supplement and Curcumin uses have been described for thousands of years in Ayurveda. Our curcumin capsules contain 100 % herbal extract of standardized curcumin extract upto 95 % curcuminoids and we do not fill any powders, fillers or herbs. It has been widely acclaimed as best anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory herbs. It is a very effective natural allergy care supplement for the treatment of chronic allergic rhinitis.
To buy Allergy Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/allergy-care-pack.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR CHRONIC RHINITIS
- Drink plenty of water every day is a natural remedies for chronic rhinitis. Water helps the body flush out germs and bacteria so it acts as a natural body cleanser. Water also keeps the mucus thin and more able to be flushed away.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in nutrients and vitamins.
- For allergy suffers, grape seed extract provides relief from a various allergic reactions, including rhinitis caused by irritants. Grape seed inhibits the release of histamine in the body.
- Lukewarm water made saline with salt and pushes it in one nostril and let it come out of the other one, till you feel the sensation of drowning.
- Drink tea instead of coffee.
- Drink Cardamom and also spice tea.
- Treatment option for rhinitis includes oral and inhaled medications.
- Alternative therapies such as acupuncture, breathing exercises, massage therapy or yoga may also be helpful.
- Close doors and windows to prevent pollen and spores blowing into the house.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet to support your immune system.
- Keep your home well-humidified.
- Avoid with areas with a high count of pollen such as gardens, grass, parks and fields.
- Stop smoking and do not allow others to smoke in your home or presence.
- Keep pets out of the house, especially the bedroom and living room.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol – alcohol can be dehydrating and increase symptoms of rhinitis.
- Avoid allergens as much as possible once you are aware what is causing your allergy.
- Half teaspoon of fresh turmeric powder mixed in warm milk and taken once or twice daily.
- Ginger is excellent natural remedy for chronic rhinitis, ginger tea is prepared by adding a few pieces of ginger into boiled water before adding the tea leaves, it is an effective remedy, and it may be taken twice daily.
- Garlic soup is an old remedy and it should take once daily.
- Basil leaves tea is prepared by adding a few leaves of basil into boiled water before adding the tea leaves, it is an effective remedy. It may be taken twice daily.
- Put some basil leaves, ginger, cloves.
- A nasal wash or irrigation can be particularly helpful in reducing the amount of mucus in the nasal passages.
- There are number of cures that are effective in treating rhinitis. Herbs help treat and prevent rhinitis.