DIABETES AND KIDNEY DISEASE
Diabetes also known as diabetes mellitus, is the major cause of chronic kidney diseases. The word diabetes is a Greek word which means "siphon" and is a disease in which our body does not make enough insulin or cannot use sufficient amount of insulin properly. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the amount of sugar in the blood. Kidney is an important excretory organ in our body that plays an important role in the removal of waste substances from the body. Unhealthy functioning of kidney leads to chronic kidney disease. Chronic kidney disease means damage to kidney.
Types of Kidney Failure
There are 5 types of kidney failure which are listed below:
- Acute Pre renal Kidney Failure - It is caused by insufficient flow of blood to the kidneys.
- Acute Intrinsic Kidney Failure - It is caused by physical impact, accident, overload of toxins etc
- Chronic Pre-Renal Kidney Failure - When low blood flow to the kidney is not treated and the condition remain as such for a period of time then kidney begins to shrink and leads to chronic pre-renal kidney failure.
- Chronic Intrinsic Kidney Failure - Damage caused to the kidney by intrinsic kidney disease leads to chronic intrinsic kidney failure.
- Chronic Post Renal Kidney Failure - It happens when a long-term blockage of the urinary tract prevents urinary waste elimination and in turn causes pressure and leads to kidney damage.
How diabetes affects kidneys?
Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels present in the kidneys. Due to this, our kidneys cannot clean our blood properly. Our body will retain more water and salt and hence leads to weight gain and ankle swelling. Diabetes even may cause damage to the nerves. Due to which it can cause difficulty in emptying our bladder. Remaining of urine in our bladder for a long time leads to the growth of bacteria in urine that has a high sugar level.
What is the risk that a diabetic patient will develop kidney disease?
Patients with type 1 diabetes are on 30 percent risk of developing kidney failure while 10 to 40 percent of the patients with type 2 diabetes will suffer from kidney disease.
Symptoms of chronic kidney disease?
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite.
- Changes in urine output.
- Swelling in ankles and feet.
- High blood pressure.
- Sudden weight gain
- Bleeding or blood in the stool
- Pain along the side
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased haemoglobin
What is an early sign of kidney failure?
Leakage of small amount of a protein in the urine is an early sign of unhealthy functioning of kidney. It can be observed by urine test. The protein is known as albumin. Leakage of more and more albumin in the urine is an indication of more damage to the kidney. As a result more and more wastes build up in the blood and leads to kidney failure.
Ayurveda and kidney disease
Ayurveda is an ancient and traditional system of healthcare that helps maintain healthy body in a natural way. According to Ayurveda, imbalance in any of the three dosha (vata, pitta, kapha) leads to unhealthy body.
Kidneys are made up of rakta (blood) and meda (fat) dhatus, according to Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, imbalance of agni (fire element) leads to the disturbance in the process of formation and filtration of urine which in turn leads to accumulation of wastes in the body. This unwanted waste acumulation is known as "Ama sanchaya" (toxin accumulation) in Ayurveda.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Failure
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Revive Kidneys Pack for ayurvedic treatment of kidney failure. These herbal remedies are very helpful in avoiding kidney transplant and dialysis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 Teaspoonful twice daily with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi vati of Planet Ayurveda contains the blend of ingredients Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (crataeva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Rakt chandan (Chnadan P.santalinus).
2. Mutrakrichantak Churna
Mutrakrichantak churna of Planet Ayurveda contains the combination of ingredients that include Trin panch mool, Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Palaash (Butea monosperma), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Rakt chandan (Red sandalwood), Shigru (Moringa Oleifera Lam), Apamarg (Achyranthes aspera) and Shirish (Albizzia lebbeck) in it. The churna is 100 percent vegetarian and pure and safe to use.
3. Rencure Formula
Rencure formula capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain the pure extracts of Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (crataeva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Palaash (Butea monosperma) and kaasni (Cichorium intybus).
4. Punarnava Mandur
The Punarnava Mandur tablets of planet Ayurveda contain the blend of ingredients that include: Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Pippali/Long pepper (Piper longum), Devdaru (Cedrus deodara), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Daruharidra (Berberis aristata), Pippali mool (Long pepper Root), Chitrak mool (Plumbago zeylanica) and Pushkara mool (Inula racemosa).
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack