Diet and Lifestyle to Manage Stress / Anxiety
- Stress has become an integral part of life.
- Professional commitment and growing demands has taken toll of one's life.
- Disappointment, expectation, frustration, no satisfaction is something that people have started facing every day.
- Though responsibilities and work is something that not going to end till our lifetime but we can manage stress to a reasonable level by taking few measures and making small changes in our life.
Opt for Healthy Diet and Lifestyle to Stay Stress Free and Enjoy Your Life to the Fullest.
- Healthy lifestyle can help in reversing the stress and also reducing the negative effects of stress.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle is important for the health and wellness of the body.
- Daily exercise helps a great deal in removing harmful toxins from the body and reducing fatigue.
- It releases endorphins into the brain that relaxes ones mood.
- It also prevent other health problems in the body.
- Adequate amount of sleep is a key to the healthy life and benefits both emotionally and physically.
- In addition to this, sleep also boosts sex drive.
3. Limit Cell Phones and Internet
- Though various social networking sites are a source of socializing but in an actual term we are isolating our self from the real world.
- Try to give some time to yourself and appreciate the nature rather than the "fictitious world" that most of us live in.
- People who are well organized in their life have the ability to face any kind of hurdle.
- They see every problem very practically and always come up with a solution.
5. Make a Journal
- Our faced pace life doesn't even gives us time to speak to our self.
- Keeping a journal and writing how you feel will help you to actually know your problem and you will discover that you have the ability to solve your problems.
6. Manage Time
- This is one of the main reason of stress for many people.
- Lack of time for our self and loved ones frustrates us and changes in the form of stress.
- Divide time both for your personal and professional life. This will keep you happy as well as satisfied.
7. Do What You Love
- Most valuable and important things in life are free.
- If a dance move or soothing music is enough for cheering you up then go for it whenever you feel low.
8. Stay Away From Negativity
- Stay away from the people who makes you feel bad about yourself.
- Try to stop interacting with such individual altogether and focus on the people who bring happiness in your life.
9. Face Your Problem
- Some of the thing that we all do when we are stressed out is cutting off contacts with family and friends.
- We try to isolate our self from the world thinking that it will keep us away from all kinds of problem but it can only offer us temporary solution.
- Face your problem, try to find solution.
- That will give you immense satisfaction at the end of the day.
10. Laugh Often
- Laughing is a good therapy.
- Laughter stimulate circulation and helps in muscle relaxation.
- In a long term, it also improves the immune system and provides personal satisfaction.
11. Spend Time with Your Family and Friends
- Spending time with the people whom you know actually love you can help in a big way of releasing frustration.
- Moreover, they can also show you a different perspective of looking into things.
12. Avoid Procrastination
- Procrastination generally means carrying out less important task in place of urgent and important things.
- Procrastinating will bundle up task that you have to do one day or the other which will eventually lead to stress.
- Try to prioritize things in your life and working according to that.
13. Set Boundaries
- Being optimistic is a good thing but being over ambitious can put you in trouble.
- Stop rushing, take things in easy pace and enjoy each and every phase of your journey to the success.
14. Cry Out Loud
- Though crying is always associated with grief but crying sometimes can help in releasing stress.
- Since crying is also one way of expressing ones feeling when someone is crying he or she is releasing that stress or feeling.
- But that nowhere means one should always cry.
- Keep smiling because 'Life is Beautiful'.
- Though most of us confine sex to the pleasure but having sex has a lot of health benefits.
- Sex helps a great deal in improving the mood.
- Those who indulge in a regular bed activity can handle the stress more effectively and are happier people.
- Yoga is an effective stress reliever and also helps in reducing the anxiety level in the body.
- Anxiety is the common cause of mental illness among most of the people in the world.
- Yoga helps a great deal in alleviating stress and anxiety.
There are some Yoga poses that One can Practice Every Day for Reducing Stress Level.
- Anjali Mudra (Salutation Seal)
- Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
- Mayurasana (Peacock Pose)
- Bitilasana (Cow Pose)
- Uttana Shishosana (Extended Puppy Pose)
- Viparita Karani (Legs Up the Wall)
- Marjaryasana (Cat Pose)
- Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose)
- Balasana (Child's Pose)
- Meditation has been in practice from thousands of years for getting rid of various kinds of ailments and providing deep relaxation to both mind and body.
- Meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction.
- It helps in reducing negative emotion in the body and managing stress.
18. Pranayama or Breathing Exercise
- Pranayama helps to control the flow of life force.
- Pranayama like Sukha Pranayama helps in relieving stress, hypertension and depression.
- Likewise, Sheetali also reduces tension and high blood pressure.
- Bhramari and NadiShodhan relax the body muscles and provide peace and joy.
- Massage is an effective way of reducing and managing stress.
- It relaxes muscles, slows down the breathing rate and also decelerate heart rates.
- Massage reduces the muscular tension of the body and provides immediate relief.
- Shirodhara is an Ayurvedic therapy that stabilizes and balances the mind.
- It is the most effective treatment for reducing stress.
- It enhances the blood circulation of the brain and calms mind and body.
- Shirodhara also improves insomnia and improves metabolism.
- It makes a part of Panchkarma.
Things to Avoid in Lifestyle for Reducing Stress
- Improper sleep
- Late night work
- Sitting in front of computer 24/7
- People who eat a healthy and balanced diet are far happier than the one who eat poor diet.
- Eating healthy and nutritious food is the simplest and basic way of reducing stress.
- Green vegetables and fruits provides body the ability to fight back the ill-effects of stress.
- Nutritious food items also controls the anxiety level of a person.
- One should take healthy diet on everyday basis for overall wellbeing.
- Therefore it is very particular about the food that we eat.
- Some of the food items that can helps us to reduce the stress level are fruits, vegetables, yoghurts, fish and soups.
1. Green Tea
- Green tea is known for its anti-oxidant and rejuvenating properties.
- It works great in reducing stress level and in improving the immunity in the body.
- Milk is the great stress buster.
- Milk contains calcium that helps in easing anxiety and controlling mood swings related to PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
- If you are fat conscious, you can opt for skim or low-fat milk.
3. Raw Vegetables
- Raw veggies helps us to ease the stress levels in the body.
- Crunchy vegetables helps us to ward off the tension.
- Nuts like pistachios, walnuts and almonds helps in reducing the stress level in the body.
- In addition to this, nuts eases the heart's inflammation and also protects the body from the ill-effects of stress but make sure that you don't overdo it since they are rich in calories.
- Spinach is a very nutritious food item.
- It contains magnesium that improves body's response to stress and also prevent migraine headaches.
- It is a rich source of folic acid.
- It produces serotonin.
- Serotonin is the chief chemical that affects the stress level in the body.
- It also stabilizes mood.
- Munchy vegetables like carrots helps a great deal in warding off stress.
- It is considered a smart snacks for relieving stress.
- In addition to this, it comes under low calorie diet so one does not have to worry about extra calorie or weight gain.
- It is a good source of monounsaturated fat and potassium that lowers blood pressure.
- By managing blood pressure, it reduces the ill-effects of stress.
9. Fish Containing Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Food containing omega-3 fatty acids like salmon enhances the serotonin level in the body.
- It also limits the production of anxiety producing hormone in the body like adrenaline and cortisol.
Foods to Avoid in Diet for Reducing Stress
- Cold drinks
- Spicy food
- Processed foods
- Junk foods
- Candy sweets
- Energy drinks
- Trans fatty acids like hydrogenated vegetable oil