Diet & Natural Remedies to Counter Hemorrhoids (Piles)
Hemorrhoids (Piles) are indicated as the presence of swelling across the rectum due to dilated blood vessels located in the smooth muscles of the rectum and anus. In hemorrhoids condition the rectum begins to swell, causing itching, pain and bleeding. To counter the symptoms associated with hemorrhoids (piles) you can implement recommended diet and natural remedies in your lifestyle.
What are Hemorrhoids (Piles)?
As said earlier it is a swelling around rectum and associated area. The hemorrhoid swelling occurs due to increased pressure in the blood vessels. Therefore it is the complaints of rectum and anal.
Common Symptoms of Hemorrhoids (Piles)
- Painless bleeding
- Itching in anal
- Swelling and feeling of a lump at the anus
Bleeding in the stool is not only associated with hemorrhoids, there are various other factors which are associated with piles. For examples, ulcers, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease, and tumors. Thus it is very important to consult a physician for the treatment.
Causes of Hemorrhoids (Piles)
- Low fiber diet leads into the strain during bowel movement which increases the pressure in blood vessels.
- In pregnancy the enlarged uterus exerts the pressure on the rectum and anus which may cause bleeding in stool. On the other hand, hormonal changes may lead into bleeding during stool.
- The prolonged sitting on the toilet also results in the increased pressure and subsequently hemorrhoid blood vessels.
- Obesity, acute or chronic diarrhea
- Colon cancer
- Rectal surgery
- Spinal cord injury and lack of erect posture
Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids (Piles)
- Lemon are the natural sources of various nutrients which are very highly effective in giving relief from hemorrhoids. It strengthens the capillaries and blood vessels wall. Saturate a ball of cotton soaked in lemon juice and apply on the affected area. Initially it may produce some burning sensation but later gives relief from pain. Mix lemon juice, mint juice, ginger juice and honey together. Take once a day regularly.
- Roast one tbsp. of black cumin seeds (shah jeera), and mix it with 1 tbsp. of unroasted black cumin seeds. After mixing make powder of both together. Take half of a tsp. with a glass of water once daily.
- The juice of radish is a best natural remedy to hemorrhoid. Make juice of Radish and drink daily in the morning and night. Initially start with 1/4 of a cup and gradually increase to 1/2 a cup over a period of 1 month.
- The use of figs is an alternative remedy to treat hemorrhoid. Take 3-4 figs and wash. Soak them in a glass of water over night. Eat them morning empty stomach and again do the same at night.
- Banana soothes the wall of rectum therefore helps in reducing the pressure. Boil one ripe banana in 1 cup of milk, then mash well. Take 3-4 times in a day.
- Crush bitter gourd leaves and withdraw the juice. Mix 3 tsp. of extracted juice in buttermilk and drink on empty stomach on every morning.
- Almond oil contains emollient and deep tissue absorption properties. Thus you can dip a ball of cotton in the almond oil and gently apply it on the rectum area. It moisturizes and reduces inflammation and relieves from burning and itching around the anus.
- Olive oil contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activities. It helps in increasing the elasticity of blood vessels, reduces inflammation and shrink the size of swollen blood vessels in anal canal. Consume 1 teaspoon of olive oil daily. Make the juice of plum leaves and add olive oil. You can also apply it on the affected area.
- Adding whole grain products into your diet relieves from hemorrhoids. It contains good amount of fiber, which gives bulk to the bowel and helps in easy bowel movement. Therefore they are the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
Diet in Hemorrhoids (Piles)
The most important diet to encounter hemorrhoids is adding fibers, all-vegetable or fruit in the diet chart. The main objective to include diet in piles are to avoid constipation, diverticulitis, colon polyps and colon cancer. Therefore, diet chart is prepared in accordance to correct the digestion and metabolism. There is a list of important healthy diet in piles and work as natural remedies for piles.
- Add variety of whole grain foods, for example bran cereals, brown rice, bagels, oatmeal, whole grain bread, English muffins, and whole wheat pasta.
- Include fresh fruits which are rich in fiber. Thus, fruits are recommended to consume along with their skin. For example; strawberries, blueberries apples, raisins, prunes, and grapes, they can be consumed along with the skin. Other fruits are, oranges, grapefruit, papaya, banana, oranges, and cantaloupe.
- Green leafy vegetables are the source of high antioxidants and nutrients. They are the natural remedies to treat piles, for example; cabbage, spinach, kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomatoes, asparagus cauliflower, onions, turnips, carrots, celery, cucumber, squash and zucchini are the natural remedies for piles.
- Most of the beans contain a high amount of fiber such as kidney beans, black eyed peas, lima beans, black beans, navy beans and other legumes can be suggested as a regular part of a piles diet plan
Apart from above given diet chart, one must get consultant from a well-known physician to encounter the hemorrhoids or piles. Before regularizing a diet plan doctor must know the condition of patient. Therefore, it is further suggested that to treat the pile/hemorrhoids through natural remedies, consult a doctor and gets his approval.
Herbal Remedies for Hemorrhoids (Piles) by Planet Ayurveda
Besides these natural home remedies, Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Piles Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of Hemorrhoids (Piles). Best quality herbs are put to use while preparing these herbal remedies and adhering to the principles of Ayurveda. These remedies are utterly natural, pure and vegetarian. They are free from chemicals, preservatives, additives and any side effects.
- Vara Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Pile Off Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Triphala Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Arshkuthar Ras - 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Suran Vatak - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Nirgundi Oil - For local application on the affected area.
1. Arshkuthar Ras
Arshkuthar ras is a herbo mineral classical preparation that is used in the conservative management of piles or haemorrhoids. As mentioned the formulation is herbo mineral formulation which has ingredients like suran churna (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius), snuhi ksheera (extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia), Shuddha tankan (Citrus tankan), danti mool (Baliospermum Montanum) and many others. Due to its herbal and mineral ingredients this preparation helps in getting results faster than any other herbal preparation. The formulation also has its impact on digestion related problems as well. The digestive fire is also increased by this preparation. It is the rasaushadhi being mentioned in Ayurvedic texts.
2. Vara Churna
A herbal supplement containing Amla and 2 more herbs which are cleansing and help in gas, acidity, constipation. It works as an effective Ayurvedic treatment for piles
3. Pile Off Capsules
The Pile Off capsules as the name suggests help to shrink the pile mass, relieves pain and itching. These are useful in bleeding as well as non bleeding piles. The pile off capsules are 100 % natural and are beneficial in internal as well as external piles or even sentinel tag. When used in combination with Kachnaar guggul and Vara churna, they help to eradicate the piles from the root. In case of bleeding piles, the bleeding stops and the pile mass shrinks.
4. Triphala Guggul
This is one of the best tridosha balancer formulations available. Planet Ayurveda prepares this formulation under the strict supervision of M.D. Ayurvedic practitioners in accordance with the procedure outlined in classical ayurvedic texts. Triphala, Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia chebula), amalaki (Emblica officinalis), and Guggul (Commiphora mukul) are an amazing combination for Piles. Because it contains anti-inflammatory, laxative, digestive, and carminative properties, it is beneficial in the case of Piles.
5. Nirgundi Oil
Nirgundi oil is widely used in ayurveda to manage various abscess and cyst conditions. Ingredients used in the preparation of this oil are primarily nirgundi (vitex negundo), langali (Gloriosa superba) and sesame oil. This oil has a very good effect in non healing wounds, all kinds of nadi vrana (sinus wounds) and other inflammatory conditions. Nirgundi has an intrinsically Katu (pungent) and Tikta (bitter) Rasa thus balances the Vata and Kapha Doshas.
6. Suran Vatak
This traditional Ayurvedic formulation is one of the most commonly used in the treatment of Piles. These tablets contain one of the incredible herbs Suran (Amorphophallus campanulatus), which is beneficial in the treatment of Piles. Along with this, the other ingredients in these tablets give this remedy a wonderful piercing effect that aids in the rescue of the Pile mass. Aside from that, the purgative properties aid in the relief of constipation, which is one of the leading causes of Piles.
To buy Piles Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/piles-care-pack