DIET TO COUNTER ANAL FISTULA AND ABSCESS
Anal fistula is a very troublesome condition for anybody who has been suffering from the disease or has been its victim at some point in their lives. The condition according to Ayurveda, results from an altered digestive fire and metabolism that is coupled with a prolonged irregularity in bowel habits. The severity of the condition has been realized and referred to in the ancient Ayurveda texts by Sushruta as one of the most difficult and major illnesses that affect the human body.
Here we will discuss about the diet regimens and foods that are helpful in the prevention as well as cure of the condition. "Nidana Parivarjana" is the first step in the Ayurvedic treatment of any kind of health condition. It means a modification in the lifestyle that is the predisposing factor for any disease according to Ayurveda. The diet for anal fistula is therefore, very important in bringing about this change as a method of treatment of anal fistula.
DIET FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CONSTIPATION
- As we know that constipation is one of the key factors for the treatment of the condition. The best way to deal with it is to begin every day by getting up early in the morning. Have one or two glasses of water to detoxify the system. This is a great practice and the best treatment to treat milder form of constipation.
- Another very important cause of constipation that we don't realize today is a lack of fiber in our diet. Include 30 – 40 gms of roughage in your diet. This will boost bowel movement and increase the bulk of the feces, easing out their elimination process. The diet for anal fistula should therefore include, lots of salads and whole wheat grains like whole wheat, brown rice and brown or multi grain bread. White flour and highly refined grains tends to stick to the bowel walls causing constipation, so it should be avoided completely.
- Fresh fruits like Papaya, Guavas, Figs, Grapes, Pomegranate, Kiwis and Bananas etc. have a very high fiber content and are a very good source of natural minerals for the body. Seasonal fruits should be definitely consumed. In case of Diabetics, foods having high sugar content should be avoided.
- Consume all kinds of seasonal vegetables. Try and cook them in minimum oil so as to preserve the nutrition quotient. Green vegetables like Bitter gourd, Long gourd, Spinach and all other kinds of green leafy vegetables are excellent for improving the digestion and clearing out bowels. They are also a natural reservoir of essential vitamins and minerals that are required to maintain optimum health. Vitamin B – complex that has a role to play in maintaining the intestinal flora is found in these fresh green vegetables.
- Isabgol husk / Psyllium seed husk can be consumed at night with warm water or milk in case of chronic constipation. They are great for detoxifying the whole alimentary canal and also work as an excellent stool softener which is also non – habit forming.
- Include fresh yoghurt in diet. It is the best natural probiotic source and is important for maintaining the intestinal flora of the microbes that aid in digestion. Consume it during day time only, yoghurt should better be avoided for dinner.
- Increase the total water intake if you don't consume much of it. At least 2 – 3 liters of water is essential for the body every day. You can take it in small quantities throughout the day. It is the best natural laxative.
- Avoid using modern medicinal laxatives. They are habit forming and provide only symptomatic relief that too, only for a short time period.
- Exercise regularly. It helps boost metabolism and improves the immunity over a period of time.
DIET THAT HELPS CONTROL THE PAIN AND INFLAMMATION AT THE SITE OF THE FISTULA AND ABSCESS
- Avoid spicy and fried, processed food. All kinds of canned, preserved and highly salty and sugary food products should not be consumed.
- While cooking food, use spices like Cumin, Fennel, Asafetida, Cinnamon, Cloves and Turmeric. They not only relieve inflammation but also help to control the pus discharge from the abscess. Turmeric has a very powerful anti – inflammatory and anti – bacterial active principle known as Curcumin. It is therefore very beneficial for use in determining the diet for anal fistula and abscess.
- Red chilies may aggravate the inflammation and cause burning in the anal region. It should be totally discarded.
- Avoid greasy food and Trans fats in food products like cheese, Mayonnaise, Butter and other forms of saturated fats. Use natural and vegetable oils like olive oil, Avocado oil, Almond oil, Mustard oil and Coconut oil for cooking.
- Say a big no to all kinds of food products that qualify for the category of Junk food. Eat food that is high on the nutritional value rather than judging it merely by your taste buds.
The ideal diet for anal fistula and abscess should consist of high fibers and fresh vegetables and fruits combined with ample fluid intake. The above guidelines are meant to throw light on the do's and don'ts for these patients. They are to be followed on a regular basis as they are a combination of very beneficial health tips that will help a great deal not only for the treatment of anal fistula and abscess but also in the prevention of many health problems and lifestyle disorders.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR ANAL FISTULA BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda brings to you the most potent, herbal remedies as the Fistula Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of anal fistula and abscess. Only the best quality herbs are chosen for the preparation of these herbal remedies and are made on the principles of Ayurveda. The herbal remedies offered by Planet Ayurveda are natural, pure and vegetarian. Also, there are no chemicals, additives and preservatives which makes it free from side effects.
- TRIPHALA GUGGUL : 2 tablets thrice daily with plain water.
- CURCUMIN CAPSULES: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water
- VARA CHURNA: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water.
- NIRGUNDI OIL: Apply Locally
To buy Fistula Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/fistula-care-pack