About Obesity or Overweight
Obesity or overweight is a condition when body stores more fat than is required. Obesity should not be taken lightly at any point of time. Best solution to obesity is regularly watching your weight and lifestyle as obesity does not occur overnight. But at sometime of life one fails to do that or sometimes there is a medical condition. If there is no medical condition or mental stress and one still cannot control weight gain we should fall back to nature.
Reasons of Weight Gain
Sedentary lifestyle slowly leads to weight gain. This type of weight gain is so slow that it is difficult to make out that weight gain is taking place. And suddenly one day you will realize you are fat.
Food habits also contribute to weight gain. Eating without hunger or eating foods less in nutrition and more in calories will also lead to weight gain. This type of weight gain is also slow. Weight gain is fast if accompanied with sedentary lifestyle.
Medical Condition and Medications
Some of the diseases also make our body to store weight. Weight gain due to medical condition is fast and mostly easily reversible if the medical condition is taken care of. Medications also lead to weight gain hence its always better to switch to natural medicine if possible to avoid this type of weight gain.
Pregnancy also leads to weight gain. Many women treat this type of weight gain normal and necessary. But the truth is that weight during pregnancy should be closely watched and only healthy weight gain should take place during this time.
Mental Stress also leads to weight gain. Many times it is seen that even after good lifestyle and good food habits and without any medical condition our body starts storing fat. Stress is the main reason behind this type of weight gain.
Lots of Myths, part truth and incomplete information is spread by various product sellers in market so that they can sell their so called "miracle pills"," miracle diet" or miracle "exercise regimen".
Some of these Myths about Weight Loss are:-
- Exercise : Only exercise can make you lose weight, overweight means lack of exercise. But that is not true. Burning calories with exercise is very tough. To burn calories consumed by one innocent banana one might need jogging of 15 minutes. So let us accept this fact that exercises of all types whether jogging, gym, yoga, Pilates are just for maintaining good health and maintaining weight not for losing weight. For losing significant amount of weight through exercise will need loads of dedication.
- Dieting : Many think that eating healthy tasteless food for x many days will make one loss y pounds weight. This equation only works for few days. Because our brain cannot be programmed for eating less and tasteless for long. So for some days we might eat this food but after that one will notice what I would call "double eating" i.e. eating one apple because its healthy and will help you in losing weight and then munching on that one biscuit/one small piece of chocolate thinking what harm will that one small piece make.
- Weight loss can happen rapidly is a myth. Weight should be lost slowly and in a healthy way.
- Eating large amount of nutritious food will not make me gain weight but will make me stronger is a myth.
- With age one tends to gain weight is a myth. Weight should be related to gender, body frame and height and not age.
- Weight gain during pregnancy should not be watched is a myth.
- Weight gain due to medical condition or medications cannot be controlled is a myth.
Diet and Lifestyle
First thing to understand is that the more weight one wants to lose more time and dedication it needs. It is never too late to lose weight. Dieting like eating tasteless and less food for sometime is not fruitful and disheartening. Exercise only to keep health and maintain your weight and not to lose weight. Follow lifestyle changes forever that will help you to lose weight slowly and steadily and maintain it permanently. This type of weight loss is natural and will be permanent. Some changes that are to be done consciously are listed below. All these facts exist from beginning but are ignored or not followed. One should not follow all these tips just for losing weight but for holistic health benefit.
- Drink plenty of water, this means keep you body all the time hydrated not gulping one or two litres of water once or twice a day. So drink water but throughout day. Mixing herbs with water that help in losing weight is beneficial.
- Eat slowly is a fact we are told from the day we started eating ourselves but it is sad to say that it is followed very less. If you really don't have time to eat slowly then count your calories because eating fast will make you eat more than you require.
- Eat between meals only if you are hungry. Before you take every bite of that chocolate, apple or nuts think 'Do you really want to eat it?'. If hungry always prefer eating what you like, yes, eating 2 pieces of chocolate are better than eating one apple. Because it is mostly seen that if we eat apple instead of chocolate we end up eating both after sometime. This is "double eating".
- Count your calories means if something is healthy and nutritious it does not mean it will not make you gain weight. So when you are watching your diet it means watch both quality and quantity of what you are eating. So eating one parantha with ghee is far much better than eating one big bowl of oatmeal with sugar, nuts and fruit juice.
- Exercise regularly to keep your system healthy. Do not over stress yourself by exercising more than required because this will send a silent signal to your brain that you need to eat more.
- Lower stress in your life because our body does not understand that stress is because you have missed your bus, you are late for presentation or your kids are not listening to you. Our body takes stress equal to lack of food. Hence you tend to eat more if stressed and even if you eat less our body tend to store fat in stressed condition. Ayurveda has lot of natural herbs that will help to fight daily stress.
- If weight gain due to medical condition consult your doctor. Medications should be as natural as possible.
- Pregnancy weight gain should be healthy and breastfeeding for at least one year will help to shed all the extra weight away.
Weight Loss Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda gives a wide range of various herbal remedies for example the Thinner You Pack for weight loss. Best quality herbs are put to use while preparing these herbal remedies and adhering to the principles of Ayurveda. These remedies are utterly natural, pure and vegetarian. They are free from chemicals, preservatives, additives and any side effects.
- Guggul Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with plain water half an hour after meals.
- Stholyantaka Churna - 1 tsf, twice daily with plain water after meals. Its decoction can also be prepared by mixing 1 tsf of the powder in a glass of water and boiling it to one-fourth the quantity.
- Trim Support - 1 capsule twice daily with plain water half an hour after meals.
- Garcinia Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water half an hour after meals.
1. Guggul Capsules
Guggul capsules by Planet Ayurveda are standardized extracts of best quality guggulu. Regular use for recommended time of period is highly advised. Guggul capsules help to maintain healthy bones and joints. Also it supports healthy muscles.
2. Stholyantak Churna
The Stholyantak churna of Planet Ayurveda contains the blend of 14 ingredients in it. The main ingredients are: Agnimanth (Premna mucronata), Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Triphala (Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis) and Ashok (Saraca indica).
3. Trim Support
Trim formula capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain Vrikshamal (Garcinia cambogia), Mustak (Cyperus rotundus), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao) and Triphala (Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis) in it.
4. Garcinia Capsules
The Garcinia capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain the standardized extracts of Garcinia (Garcinia cambogia) in it.
To buy Thinner You Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/thinner-you-pack