Emblica Officinalis - Indian Gooseberry - Amla Juice - Amalaki
- Latin name - Emblica officinalis, Phyllanthus emblica
- English name - Indian Gooseberry, Gooseberry
- Indian name - Amla or Amalaki
What is Amla and from Where to Get Best Quality Amla Juice and Supplements?
Amla is nature's gift to mankind. Small berries like fruit growing in Indian plains is world's top source of natural vitamin C. Amla is pouplarly used for hair growth, anti-aging, immunity boosting herb.
Which Form of Emblica Officinalis is the Best and Easiest to Use?
Amla powder is used in a famous Ayurvedic preparation called "Vara Churna" Vara is good for constipation and colon cleansing. It is also best anti-aging as it contains another herb called Terminalia chebula. Other than Amla powder, Amla juice is a popular form to be used regularly. 2 tablespoonful of Pure Amla Juice are taken every morning empty stomach to get the maximum benefits of Amla.
What are the Uses of Amla Juice?
- Rich natural Hair Growth
- Rich in Natural vitamin C (Vitamin C is useful for improving overall health, connective tissue
- metabolism - skin, hair, nails) Improves immunity
- Cooling in nature
- Useful in blood pressure and acidity
- Helps in wound healing, ulcer healing
- Improves skin texture, skin glow and vitality
- Useful in Diabetes
- Best Rasayana herb
- Good for eye sight
Amla Juice - Nature's Best Herbal Remedy to Boost Immunity, Richest Source of Natural Vitamin C
Amla is one of the most often used herb in Ayurveda- traditional Indian system of health. It has a reputation as a powerful rejuvenating herb. The Phyllanthus emblica fruit is reputed to have the highest content of vitamin C of any natural occurring substances in nature. 8.75 mg of natural vitamin C complex from Amlaki is equivalent to 100 mg of the most commonly used synthetic vitamin C. Amla possesses the highest level of heat and storage stable vitamin C known to man. Amla possesses the highest level of heat and storage stable vitamin C known to man.
Amla Saar - Pure Indian Gooseberry - Pure Amla Juice
Amla is perhaps the single most often mentioned herb in "Charak Samhita"- Ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicine literature (500 BC)
This Indian gooseberry fruit is has the highest content of vitamin C of any natural occurring substances in nature. Amla is most useful treatment of ulcers and hyperacidity,hair growth, preventing skin wrinkles and defying age. It also helps in improving immunity and fighting recurrent infections.
Amla builds immune system to fight against all kind of viruses like that of Hepatitis, AIDS, Influenza and many others.
The Vitamin C content of Amla Saar is between 625 mg - 930 mg per 100 grams Amla juice has 20-25 times more vitamin C than orange juice. Wow ! Isn't it amazing?
Emblica Officinalis or Phyllanthus Emblica Plant Description
Emblica officinalis is a medium-sized deciduous tree with gray bark and reddish wood which successfully grows in variable agro-climatic and soil conditions. Amla leaves are feathery, linear oblong in shape and smell like lemon. The flowers are greenish yellow in color which starts appearing in the beginning of spring season.
Chemical Constituents in the Amalaki Fruit
The major chemical constituents of Amla are Phyllemblin, Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Gallic acid, Tannins, and Pectin etc.
Parts Used of Amalaki
Fresh Fruit, Dried fruit, the nut or seed, leaves, root, bark and flowers. Ripe fruits used generally fresh, dry also used.
Benefits of Amla Juice
- Amla juice has twenty to thirty times more vitamin C than orange juice. Daily requirement of Vitamin C 90 150 mg per day. 100 ml of Amla juice contains vitamin C between 650 to 950 mg whereas 100 gm oranges contain 30 mg vitamin C. That means 20 to 30 ml of Amla juice is sufficient to prevent and treat various ailments and fight various illnesses.
- Amla is "Satvic" i.e. stimulates spiritual purity. It's cooling nature balances the pitta i.e. the fire energy. Good for acidity, anger, frustration and aggression, loose temperament. It builds up physical stamina as well as mental stamina.
- Amla Increases "OJAS" (the subtle essence of living matter, the foundation of good health, mental sanity, and spiritual growth).
- The edible fruit tissue of Emblica offinalis contains protein concentration 3-fold and ascorbic acid concentration 160-fold than those of apples. This fruit also contains considerably higher concentration of most minerals and amino acids than apples.
- Amlaki has been regarded as a sacred tree in India. The tree was worshipped as Mother Earth and is believed to nurture humankind because the fruits are very nourishing.
- Amlaki is most useful treatment of ulcers and hyperacidity.
- Phyllanthus emblica builds immune system to fight against all kind of viruses like that of Hepatitis,AIDS, Influenza and many others.
- Amla juice also reduces unwanted fat and also significantly reduces the levels of free fatty acids. In addition, Amla, in a raw or natural form, reduces cholesterol and cholesterol induced atherosclerosis (Obstruction of the arteries), making it a useful natural productto fight obesity, cholesterol and heart diseases. One study shows that it prevented Atheroma (degeneration of the artery walls due to fat and scar tissue). Furthermore, Amla has exhibited considerable effect in inhibiting the HIV virus and very useful in enhancing the immunity.
Dosage of Amla Saar
Amla Juice - 20 to 30 ml per day
To buy Amla Juice, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/amla-saar