Fibromyalgia Natural Treatment
The word fibromyalgia have three words 'fibro', 'mayo' and 'algia'. The Latin word fibro means tissue fiber, the Greek word 'mayo' means muscles and 'algia' means pain. It literally means pain in fibrous tissue. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by fatigue, multiple tender points and widespread muscular pain. The muscles, ligaments, joints and tendons are involved in fibromyalgia. It is not fatal and common among the age group of 35-55 yrs. Around 3-6 million people in America are affected by fibromyalgia out of which about 80% cases are females.
Pain and fatigue are the main and foremost symptom of fibromyalgia.
Many patients experience other mild or severe symptoms, which includes:
- Tender points in neck, shoulders, buttocks and lower back
- Jaw pain
- Disturbed sleep
- Stiffness in joints especially during morning
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Numbness in fingers and toes
- Painful menstruation
- Temperature sensitivity
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Some time depression
These symptoms can be aggravated due to several factors, including lack of sleep, anxiety, stress, trauma, lack of exercise, depression and infections.
The exact cause of fibromyalgia is not known. Fibromyalgia might be caused by stress, injuries or any kind of infection.
HOW FIBROMYALGIA CAN BE DIAGNOSED?
Fibromyalgia is difficult to diagnose only on objective physical findings but these can help in proper diagnosis:-
- History of pain in joints for more than 3 months
- Physical examination of the patients
- Blood test to rule out
- Hormonal imbalance
- Joint disease
- Disease related to bone
- X-Ray of related part
- Nerve conduction velocity to check muscle and nerve
FIBROMYALGIA AND AYURVEDA
In recent times fibromyalgia has been classified as a syndrome in the Western medical world though it was recognized and mentioned in ancient Ayurvedic texts thousands of years ago.
According to Ayurvedic literature two major causes are behind fibromyalgia:
- Alteration in nervous system functioning due to aggravated Vata dosha. The destabilized nervous system results in hypersensitivity and leads to pain and tenderness in joints.
- Accumulation of Ama dosha (endotoxins) and blockages throughout the system due to it.
The aggravated Vata is the main dosha responsible for fibromyalgia as vata is responsible for pain. Pitta dosha involvement results in poor digestion and metabolism, which can lead to aggregation of toxins and impurities that disturbs the nervous system creating pain and tenderness. Kapha imbalance and involvement generate blockages in micro circulation. Ama is the endotoxin produced due to slow metabolism; it acts as free radicals, which irritates the tissues and systems including the nervous system. Ama also blocks channels of circulation and prevents the body from self purification and healing.
SYMPTOMS AS PER SYSTEMIC INVOLVEMENT ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
Symptoms associated with central nervous system:-
- Frequent awakening
- Impaired memory
Symptoms associated with musculoskeletal system:-
- Joint pain
- Lower back pain
- Jaw pain
- Chest pain
Symptoms linked to genitourinary system:-
- Frequent urination
- Bladder spasm
- Vaginal spasm
Symptoms linked to skin:-
- Skin rashes
- Increased skin sensitivity
- Prickling sensation
Some miscellaneous symptoms include: Headache, vertigo, blurred vision, numbness and tingling of extremities, abnormal taste, tongue irritation, cramps in skeletal muscles, brittle nails, low grade fever, sensitivity to light, sound, smell and chemicals, hair loss, hypoglycemia.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF FIBROMYALGIA
The treatment of fibromyalgia needs medications for reliving the symptoms and improving general health. It is best treated with a holistic treatment approach, including herbal treatment, yoga posture and movement training. Ayurveda aims at proper healing of the body along with the mind and spirit to treat any ailment.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR FIBROMYALGIA
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Fibromyalgia Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of fibromyalgia. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Stress Support: 1 capsule twice on a daily basis, with plain, water after meals.
- Aamvatantak Churna: 1 tsp. twice on a daily basis, with plain, water after meals
- Boswellia Curcumin: 2 capsules twice daily basis, with plain, water after meals
- Joint Aid Plus: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. STRESS SUPPORT
Stress Support Capsules is a powerful combination of adaptogenic herbs to fight stress, anxiety, anger, depression and insomnia. Brahmi is a known brain tonic extensively used in Ayurvedic formulations to improve the concentration and relive drowsiness. Ashwagandha is rich in antioxidants therefore elevates the mood and relaxes the stiff muscles. Tagar known as Valerian herb, it is helpful in stressful conditions and helps to relax the body. Tagar is favorable for inducing natural sleep and calming the mind. Stess Support Capsules stimulates the nervous system, soothes nerves.
2. AAMVATANTAK CHURNA
As the name suggests it reduces Amavata i.e. any type of rheumatoid arthritis. Planet Ayurveda prepared this herbal formulation, which works as the best anti inflammatory remedy and detoxifies the whole system. It reduces swelling, stiffness and pain. Various herbs in this unique combination help in flushing out the Ama (endotoxins) and clear the channels. The herbs Ashwagandha (Withania somenifera), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Methi (Trigonella foenum), Suranjan (Colchicum autumnale), Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) and Sonth (dried Zingiber officinale) work synergistically to control acute and chronic pain and inflammation. Aamvatantak Churna is an effective herbal remedy for crippling arthritic conditions and joint pain.
3. BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN
This is an effective herbal remedy beneficial in inflammatory conditions related to skeletal muscles. It reduces morning stiffness, swelling in joints and pain when taken regularly. Boswellia serrata commonly known Shallaki decreases intensity of pain and inflammation. Turmeric or curcumin is an excellent anti inflammatory, liver cleanser and boosts immune system. Collectively both the herbs make it a potent formulation to fight against any kind of arthritis. Boswellia curcumin capsules helps in increasing mobility and reduces stiffness.
4. JOINT AID PLUS
Planet Ayurveda formulated a remedy by combining anti arthritic herbs to fight joint pains and inflammation naturally without causing any side effects like NSAIDs. Joint aid plus capsules also responds to spondylitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain, knee pain. This formula controls degeneration caused in the joints. The standardized extract of herbs such as Nirgundi, shallaki, Guggul , sonth and ashwagandha makes it beneficial for the patients of fibromyalgia to regain the strength of the joints.
To buy Fibromyalgia Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/fibromyalgia-care-pack.
- A healthy diet rich in whole grains, fruits and green vegetables, pacifying both Vata and Pitta dosha is recommended in case of fibromyalgia.
- Take fresh and organically grown food to enhance your immunity.
- Take hot ginger tea to boost the digestion.
- Take Detox Tea to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
- Massage with Warm oil to increase the blood flow and stimulate the purification process.
- Take Triphala Churna to support detoxification.
SOME GUIDELINE FOR THE SELF CARE OF THE PATIENTS
- Vegetable juices and soups
- Coconut water
- Coconut milk
- Cucumber, carrot, beet root juice
- Spices such as ginger, cumin, asafetida, coriander, fennel, garlic and turmeric
- Take balanced diet
- Include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet , take fish oil
- Learn to combat stress
- Have proper sleep
- Avoid alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Exercise regularly, do stretching regularly
- Avoid caffeinated items before sleeping