Hakam Churna - Herbal Remedy for Stiff Joints
It is a wonderful presentation by Planet Ayurveda experts having experience of about 32 years in the field of Ayurveda. This is a classical ayurvedic formulation useful in painful joints, stiff joints, morning stiffness, back pain, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, cervical spondylitis and other inflammatory painful conditions.
We can also call this combination "Tridoshic Rasayan". The term "tridoshic rasayan" applies to any supplement that effects the three elements that Ayurveda believes control life: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Vata regulates the brain- the nervous system, Pitta controls metabolism, and Kapha maintains the body's structure. Hakam Churna is believed to be a tridoshic rasayan, which makes it especially powerful.
This combination has great worth in Ayurvedic practice as anti-spasmodic. According to Ayurvedic manuscript, indigestion and upset stomach is the mother of all metabolic diseases. Long term indigestion and gas accumulation promotes the vitiation of Vata Dosha which then localizes in joints and muscle and produce intense pain. Hakam Churna formulation has an ability to retrieve the normal digestion thereby putting a stop to Vata disturbance.
It is warm in nature. The herbs in this keep the system hot, light and dry. So in a way it helps in weight loss by balancing Kapha dosha. Its hot nature means balancing Pitta, which in layman language is working on the digestive fire of the body and getting it into balance.
Traditional Ayurvedic Qualities of Hakam Churna
- Taste: Sour, Pungent, Astringent, Bitter
- Virya: Ushna(Warm)
- Vipaka: Sweet, Sour, Pungent
- Guna: Light and Dry
- Dosha: Tridoshic, Meaning it Balances all Constitutions
- Prabhava: Rasayan, which means it, Builds Ojas, Innate Strength
Uses of Hakam Churna
- It is anti-inflammatory helps in all painful conditions like sciatica, Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Cervical spondylitis and stiffness in back.
- improves liver function and improves digestion and discourages the production of 'Aama' (a semi digested nutrient resulting from weak digestion)
- Infrequent bowel movements result in pain in anal and urinary bladder region. This restores normal digestive functions and timely evacuation of feces so the pain in ano-rectal region gets relieved.
- Reduces serum cholesterol
- Regardless of any other herbs used, Hakam Churna can be prescribed singly or adjunctively whenever there are symptoms of inflammation, heat, obesity and other conditions of excess.
Ingredients of Hakam Churna
|S. No.||International Name||Common Name||Quantity (100 gm)|
|1||Lepidium sativum||Chandershoor||25 gm|
|2||Nigella sativaa||Kalonji||25 gm|
|3||Trigonella foenum graecum||Methi||25 gm|
|4||Trachyspermum ammi||Ajwain||25 gm|
1. Halon - This herb works best for vata . It has properties that brings vata in balance . And balance of vata means complete relief from all kinds of pain and stiffness . No aches anywhere in the body.
2. Kalongi - It is a herb that is said to be care for all diseases but death. In Unani system of medicine it is regarded as one of the greatest forms of healing medicine available. Prophet Mohammed once stated that the black seed can heal every disease-except death-as recounted in the following hadith:
[Sahih Muslim : Book 26 Kitab As-Salam, Number 5489]
Abu Huraira reported that he heard Allah's Messenger as saying: The black seed is a remedy for every disease except death. Narrated Khalid bin Sa'd :We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with the black seed. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black seed is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' 'Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death.' " (Bukhari).
3. Methi - Commonly known as Fenugreek seeds. It is used as a spice and fenugreek leaves are eaten as vegetable in India, China and the Middle East for centuries. Fresh leaves are beneficial in the treatment of indigestion, flatulence and a sluggish liver. It improves enzyme secretions and thus improves digestion and less of vata in the body which means no pains or stiffness. It gives excellent results in body pains, muscle pains, joint pains, stiffness and fatigue.
4. Ajwain - It is very commonly used in Indian cooking. It is hot in nature and is a mind laxative. It removes gas from the stomach, relieves stomach pain. So it is useful in dysmenorrheal-Painful menstruation, body pains, abdominal pains and body stiffness.
Other Supplements which can be used with Hakam Churna
Though Hakam churna alone is very useful in painful and stiff joints but still other remedies like Yograj Guggul, Joint aid plus can be used with Hakam Churna in severe inflammatory and painful conditions.
Guggulu - Guggulu is the oleogum resin from a small tree (Commiphora Mukul) which grows in the Himalayas of northwestern India. It has anti-inflammatory and lipid-lowering properties. It also helps remove fat, excess fluids and ama from the body, and penetrates deep into the tissues.The tablets of Yograj guggul are very effective and work in combination with Hakam Churna and Joint aid plus to relieve painful inflammation and stiffness in joints.
Presentation of Hakam Churna
Fine powder of contents
How to use?
Take 3-5 gm of powder with hot water twice daily
Hakam Churna Safety Concern
This is a totally herbal combination without any side effect. The one time not to use Hakam is during pregnancy. It's 'downward flowing' energy is believed to favor miscarriage.
To buy Hakam Churna, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/hakam-churna
Herbal Remedies for Stiff Joints
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Cervical Spondylosis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of stiff joints. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Yograj guggul - 2 tablets twice daily
- Hakam Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily
- Joint Aid Plus - 2 capsules twice daily