Healthy Life with Ayurveda
Ayurveda is the oldest medical science of the world. Its origin was in India. And, it originated approximately 5000 years back. It is just not a system, which deals with medical science and healthcare. It deals with the balance of the life and the harmony to be maintained for the existence of the human beings. Ayurveda says, life is a combination of Atma (soul), Indriyan (senses), Sharira (body) and Mana (mind). It deals with Panchamahabhutas, the essential five elements, which make the nature or the prakriti of the individuals. This prakriti is again determined by three factors or physical energies. They are Pitta, Vata and Kapha. The nature is also determined by three mental energies. They are Rajas, Sattva and Tamas.
The lifestyle implemented by Ayurveda depends on lot of control and discipline and is based on the principles of naturopathy. Ayurveda is the perfect combination of philosophy and science. It balances the various spheres of life, which include mental, physical, spiritual and emotional components, which are necessary to maintain a holistic approach to good health.
"Ayur" in Sanskrit means life or longevity and "veda" means science. Ayurveda, thus means the science of life. It is the Indian system of holistic medicine, which takes into account of the natural treatments and remedies.
Some Essential Tips to Live a Healthy Life with Ayurveda
- It is important to have a proper amount of sleep daily. Also, a schedule must be maintained. The person must wake up right early in the morning, before sunrise preferably. This will help to begin the day with a fit body and fresh mind.
- The second most essential tip is to drink a plenty of water daily. This flushes out the accumulated ama (toxins) from the body, keeps the skin away from pimples and acne, facilitates digestion and body metabolism and prevents constipation.
- Washing the face by water several times in a day removes dirt and dust from the face. This also heals acne and pimples. This provides a refreshed feeling to the body, mind and soul.
- Massage the body with oil before taking a bath. Oil massaging the scalp prevents gray hair, hair fall, rejuvenates body, decreases fatigue, treats dandruff and dry skin and improves mental alertness.
- Regular exercise, meditation and yoga are the must-do's if you are on an Ayurvedic treatment. It boosts up the immune system of the body, helps to concentrate and get rid of stress, unwanted fat and provides flexibility to the body and mind.
- Practicing cleanliness is essential for maintaining the health and hygiene of the individuals. Keep the nails and hair clean. Wash hands, legs and face thoroughly. Take a bath regularly.
- Keep the mind away from negative emotions and thoughts. Get rid of jealousy, anger, depression, hatred, sadness and greed. Do not speak or think ill about others. Keep the mind free and engage in all those things, which you love to do.
- Under-weight and over-weight are both very dangerous as per Ayurveda. Maintain a healthy diet, practice exercises regularly and maintain a healthy weight on a regular basis. This is another important essentials of keeping healthy with Ayurveda.
- Eat healthy food and practice balanced diet. Food should not be over cooked and should be made at home. Also, it is important to have food in a calm and peaceful ambience. A balanced diet provides nourishment to the Dhatus.
- Do not consume food frequently. Instead maintain a gapping of more than three hours time interval between the two meals. Do not consume animal proteins.
Ayurveda guides the daily routine and dietary habits of the individuals. This science of life places significance on the individual's pathya and lifestyle. It guides an individual depending on the seasonal variation. The principles of Ayurveda provide healthy body and peace of mind. Ayurvedic science helps to maintain a good health and live a productive and happy life.