The main function of our immune system is to protect the body from infection and development of cancer. In general, healthy immune system is necessary for us in order to achieve resistance to various diseases. Immune system protects our body from harmful substances which are called antigens. Healthy immune system reduces susceptibility to colds and flus. Low immunity means there is a poor performance of our immune system or immune system is underactive.
Causes of Low Immune Function
Our immune system is greatly disturbed by emotional state, stress level, unhealthy lifestyle and unhealthy diet. Deficiency of nutrients in the body is one of an important cause of depressed immune system. Even deficiency of single nutrient causes low immunity. Excessive drinking of alcohol and excessive smoking can cause damage to the immune system. Even if you are not taking proper sleep, your immune system may get disturbed.
Symptoms of Low Immune Function
The common symptoms of low immunity are:
- Frequent respiratory infection is one of a sign of weakened immune system. Sometimes severe respiratory infections like pneumonia may cause death even. Other respiratory infections are cold and flu. Increased body temperature, sore throat, coughs, swollen glands and catarrh are some of the symptoms of frequent respiratory infections.
- Weak immunity can cause loss of weight or gain in weight.
- Skin infections are also common symptoms of weak immune function. Weak immunity causes the infectious agents or foreign bodies to cause serious skin infection which in turn interferes with overall health of the skin.
Important Diet for Healthy Immune System
Healthy diet that is required for healthy immune system includes the following:
- Diet rich in natural foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds, whole grains and nuts.
- Diet low in fats and refined sugars. Sugar is the main food component which causes damage to the immune system.
- Diet contains adequate amounts of proteins but not excessive.
- Carotene is the most important food component which enhances the immune system.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Soft drinks such as Coke, Pepsi have high acidic pH. Over exposure to such drinks leads to high acidic level in the body and causes low immunity. Hence these drinks should be avoided.
According to Ayurveda, most illness arise because of imbalance in one or two doshas of the tridoshas. Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha are the tridoshas in Ayurveda. Ayurveda helps to maintain these three doshas of the body and supports overall health of the body. Ayurveda dose not kill an infection like antibiotics do but it helps to support healthy immune system so that it can fight against disease or an infection.
Is there any Ayurvedic Treatment for low immunity?
There are various factors which affect our immune system such as lifestyle, stress level, exercise and diet. These factors should be managed in order to have healthy immune system by changing lifestyle or by changing unhealthy diet to the balanced one.
Herbal Remedies for Low Immunity by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides Giloy capsules as a dietary supplement for healthy immune system.
The Giloy capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain pure extract of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) plant in it. This plant is commonly known as Guduchi. "Giloy" is described as "Amrita" in Ayurveda. Tinospora cordifolia is an herbaceous plant with several elongated twinning branches. Leaves of this plant are simple with long petioles up to 15 cm long and round in shape. Flowers are unisexual and appear when plant is leafless. They are greenish yellow in color. Fruits are of orange or scarlet color. Active ingredients in this plant are Diterpene compounds, polysaccharides and polyphenols.
Pack size - Each bottle contains 60 capsules in it.
Dosage - 1 - 2 capsules two times a day with plain water after meals.
The Giloy capsules of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, vegetarian and are free from chemicals, additives, preservatives as well as from side effects. This capsules are not only good to maintain healthy immune system but also helps to maintain overall health of the body.