How Diet can be Helpful in Kidney Problems?
Kidneys are bean shaped organ found in back of abdomen in pair. Its function is to purify blood and produce urine. The size of kidney is 4-5 inches in length about the size of a fist and is found in both human genders.
Various Types of Problems associated with Kidneys:-
1. Kidney Failure
This is of two types Acute Renal failure and Chronic Renal failure. Acute renal failure includes dehydration, less functioning of kidneys, urinary tract blockage and minor kidney damage which is reversible. Chronic Renal failure includes complete or partial functioning of kidney which termed as End stage renal disease (ESRD, which is complete kidney failure) and papillary necrosis which is loss of kidney tissues and nephrons.
2. Kidney Cancer
This type of cancer is increasing these days. Renal cell carcinoma is the most common type of kidney cancer found. Allergies, Smoking and Bad medications are main cause of kidney cancer. Leg swelling is main symptom called edema (swelling due to water retention).
3. Kidney Stones
Also called nephrolithiasis is formation of crystals in urine tract and block the urine flow. The patient suffers with severe back pain around the lower abdomen and ultrasound is needed to detect the size and number of stones.
4. Diabetic Problems
High blood sugar damages kidneys significantly and often end with chronic kidney failure. A diabetic patient needs to check blood sugar levels very frequently to maintain it to secure levels.
5. Pyelonephritis and Glomerulonephritis
Pyelonephritis is a type of bacterial kidney and bladder infection. Fever and back pain are main symptoms. Glomerulonephritis is the hyperactive immune system attack on kidneys which ends with kidney failure. This cause high protein in urine and loss of kidney tissues.
6. Renal cyst and polycystic disease
Renal cyst is the hole in kidney and loss of nephrons. Diabetes, Glomerulonephritis and genetics are main cause of renal polycystic disease. This may end with total kidney failure if not treated or ignored.
Symptoms of Kidney Failure
- Back pain and fever.
- Edema (swelling due to water retention).
- Frequent and difficulty in urination.
- Blood in urine.
- High sugar and protein in urine.
- High creatinine in urine.
How Diet can be Helpful in Kidney Problems?
Your diet should be balanced and should include lot of water and liquid eatables to maintain proper functioning of kidneys. With proper management of diet and proper exercise one may never need dialysis at least not for a very long time.
Some of the dietary and lifestyle tips include:-
- Balance diet is most important for body and an organ for proper functioning and kidney is no exception.
- Drink a lot of water during the day, 8 glasses a day on an average. Add coconut water in your drinks.
- Avoid smoking as this is the main cause for several kidney diseases.
- Choose foods with less sodium and reduce consumption of salt.
- High Potassium and high protein diet should also be avoided.
- Increase consumption foods rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins, phytochemicals and flavonoids.
- Control Blood Pressure and keep it at or below the target, for most people target is less than 140/90 mm Hg.
- Maintain your sugar levels as diabetes is main cause for kidney failure.
- Regular urine test is advisable.
- Regular exercises are also advisable.
- Calcium oxalate is the main content of kidney stone. One must eat the food having less amount of it.
- Include more of fruits like Apple, Watermelon, Apricots, Pears, Peaches, Papaya, Black berries and Pineapple. Avoid fruits like Banana, Dates, Kiwi, Orange, Lemon, Pomegranate and Tomatoes.
- Include more of vegetables like red Bell peppers, Cabbage, Pumpkin, Bottle gourd, Round gourd, carrot, Eggplant, Onion and Garlic. Avoid Potato, Sweet potato and mushrooms.
- Include pulses like Green gram, lentil dal and pink lentil. Avoid Soybeans, Kidney beans, white beans and black beans.
- Include Egg White, Olive Oil and fishes like salmon and albacore tuna in your diet.
- The herbs like Punarnava, Varuna, Gokshur, Tribulus, Shigru, Apamarg are very beneficial for kidney problems. These herbs help to reduce urea and creatinine levels in blood naturally. These herbs can be consumed with the ongoing treatment of kidneys or dialysis.
Kidney Failure Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda's Revive Kidneys Pack is a complete solution for all types of problems associated with Kidneys. Our Revive Kidneys Pack provides complete solution to people who suffer from other problems that can affect their kidney functioning at a later stage. We at Planet Ayurveda offer you a wide range of herbal supplements that take care of your health and life. Our formulations are 100% herbal and prepared after passing through a series of effective and stringent tests that assure their quality.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with warm water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 Teaspoonful twice daily warm with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula - 2 Capsules, twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with warm water after meals.
- Chandanadi Vati - 2 Tablets, twice daily with warm water after meals.
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack
How Exercise can be Helpful in Kidney Problems?
Try some leg workouts in gym to maintain your kidney health. You should also try cardio as this will help you to maintain blood pressure and nutrients flow. You should also try yoga for better kidney health; this includes pranayama (breathing exercises). Some of useful yoga positions include Padangusthasana (big toe pose), Paripurna navasana (boat pose), Badhha konasana (bound angel pose), Setu bandha sarvangasana (bridge pose), Bhujangasana (cobra pose).