How to Reduce Uric Acid Naturally?
Uric acid is created when the body breaks down purine nucleotides which are formed due to faulty protein metabolism. High concentrations of uric acid in blood serum can lead to a type of arthritis known as gout. The chemical is associated with other medical conditions like ammonium acid urate kidney stones. Now the big question is how to reduce uric acid naturally without using any chemicals?
High level of uric acid is a recurrent condition which can be controlled and cared by using natural remedies without need for expensive mainstream chemical based drugs. Raised uric acid leads to painful joints condition commonly known as gout. The toe joint is especially affected and later all other joints are involved.
There are many natural remedies to reduce uric acid. Ayurvedic remedies are one of them. Ayurveda is a traditional healthcare system practiced in India and recognized by WHO. Ayurveda utilizes various herbs and minerals to care various diseases including methods to reduce uric acid naturally without causing any side effects.
Home Remedies for Uric Acid
- Drink lots of water, preferably 10 to 12 glasses (eight-ounce) every day, to flush excess uric acid from your body.
- Avoid high protein diet like red meat, poultry (especially turkey), shellfish, mackerel & sardines. It is advisable not to consume soybeans, tofu and other soy products.
- Gym goes should avoid consuming high protein artificial foods stuff.
- High doses of Vitamin C and Vitamin E have been helpful to reduce uric acid levels naturally.
- Cherries, strawberries & blueberries are excellent fruits to reduce uric acid naturally.
- It is recommended that you should consume high fiber food. Apples, pears & papaya are excellent. The vegetables growing on climbers are excellent natural remedies to reduce uric acid levels in the blood. These includes round gourd, bottle gourd, ash gourd, pumpkin, zucchini & long gourd etc are all good to reduce high uric acid in the blood.
- Asparagus, mushroom, spinach, soybeans, peas, cheese and other beans are also not recommended.
- Apple juice is also recommended. Eating a lot of apples solves the purpose. Artificial fruit juices with additives, preservatives are not recommended.
- Aloe vera juice and Amla juice also helps in keeping the fire element in control which is the main reason for increased uric acid level in the blood. Fire element imbalance should be restored to reduce uric acid naturally.
- Fresh coconut water is also a good way to reduce uric acid naturally.
- Ayurvedic medicine for uric acid like Kaishore Guggul, Giloy Capsules, Navkarshik Churna, Punarnava capsules are excellent natural remedies to reduce uric acid levels and help in gout pain.
- Try to consume as much natural diet to control uric acid. Avoid eating junk food. Soft drinks and frozen food is really bad and are big hurdles in reducing uric acid levels.
- Remember if Gout is not properly treated the elevated uric acid can lead to severely damaged joints and kidney problems, which may be of irreversible in nature.
- Do not be anxious and stressful. Stress also plays an important role in aggravating gout attacks and causes more health disorders like blood pressure and diabetes etc.
Uric Acid treatment in Ayurveda
It is a classical herbal blend mentioned in ancient Ayurvedic text "Chakradutt samhita in 1100 A.D. The rare herbal combination is very effective way to reduce uric acid permanently naturally without any side effects. Dosage is 1 teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful twice daily with plain water. The herbal formulation contains pure herbs which work in a synergistic manner to reduce uric acid naturally and clear the gout crystals.
Navkarshik churna is an effective combination of rare Ayurvedic herbs which are very effective to reduce uric acid levels fast naturally without causing any side effects. The herbs work in a synergistic manner and help reduce uric acid levels quickly within few days of using it. The herbs can be consumed 1 teaspoonful twice daily as it is or can be soaked (2 tablespoonfuls) in water overnight and the water (leave the residue) can be consumed in the morning and evening. The herbs used are procured from pristine environment of Himalayan mountains and are pure organic herbs without any chemicals or preservatives.
This formulation is an effective blend for high uric acid and gouty arthritis. When the pain is there along with inflammation, we recommend to use Kaishore Guggul tablets along with Navkarshik Churna. Navkarshik churna is basically a metabolism corrector and a good blood cleanser. It helps to correct the protein metabolism thereby leading to take care of the problem from the root rather than symptomatic relief. This churna is also effective in other types of arthritis as it relieves "Vata", relieve toxins from within the body. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner and are effective in swollen, inflamed & painful joints. It contains Triphala (Emblica officinalis, Terminalia chebula & Terminalia bellerica) which remove toxins from the body and useful in every other disease. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrooa), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) purifies the blood and corrects the metabolism of "Pitta" and heat regulation in our body. Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is immunomodulator and improves immunity whereas Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) acts as an anti-inflammatory herb.
Herbs in Navkarshik Churna
Navkarshik Churna is purely an herbal formulation without any chemicals added into it. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects.
Ingredients of Navkarshik Churna
To buy Navkarshik Churna, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/navkarshik-churna
Herbal Remedies for High Uric Acid by Planet Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda High uric acid (Hyperuricemia) leads to "gout disease" (vata-rakta roga). Vata means (wind), rakta means (blood) and roga means (disease). The line of treatment is same for Hyperuricemia & Gout. Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Gout Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of high uric acid (Hyperuricemia). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
How to use?
- Giloy Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Kaishore Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Punarnava Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Dashmularisht - 2 teaspoonful twice daily with equal amount of water, after meals.
1. Giloy Capsules
These capsules are prepared from pure extracts of (Tinospora cordifolia). Giloy has anti-inflammatory, analgesic & anti-pyretic properties. Use of Giloy capsule reduces swelling, pain, inflammation & fever associated with Hyperuricemia.
2. Kaishore Guggul
Kaishore guggul are classical tablets prepared by mixture of herbs like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Guggul resin (Commiphora mukul), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Long piper (Piper longum), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Red physic nut (Baliospermum montanum) and Indian jalap (Ipomoea turpethum) that treats inflammation & pain condition. These tablets remove excess toxins from body & maintain Hyperuricemia condition.
3. Navkarshik Churna
This churna is one of the amazing Ayurvedic remedy for Hyperuricemia condition. Navkarshik churna is prepared with herbs that show anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic & anti-oxidant properties. Use of this churna reduce high uric acid levels & its related symptoms.
4. Punarnava Capsules
These capsules are prepared from pure extract of herb Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa). Punarnava capsules give effective result in hyperuricemia as it remove toxins from body. The capsules show anti-oxidant nature.
Dashmularisht is a classical decoction preparation which is manufactured using the process of natural fermentation. It has a group of ten herbs whose roots are specifically used along with other ingredients. The formulation has constituents like bilva (Aegle marmelos), Sonapatha (Oroxylum indicum), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea), Patola (Stereospemum suaveolens) and many others. Dashmularisht is having very great results in anulomana of vata dosha in the body whose aggravation along with dushti of rakta by pitta dosha is responsible for swelling, redness and pain in areas like greater toe, ankle joint, knee joint etc. In addition, this is the best formulation for maintaining digestion and also bears analgesic properties.
All our products are 100 % natural, purely herbal, without any chemicals or synthetic preservatives. The natural Ayurvedic treatment for gout (Gout Care Pack) gives excellent results within 5-7 days. It helps to relieve pain, inflammation, stiffness and reduce the uric acid levels.
To buy Gout Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/gout-care-pack
FAQs on Uric acid
1. What Happens if Uric Acid is High?
High level of uric acid is termed as hyperuricemia. This can lead to several diseases that include a painful condition in diseases like arthritis and gout. In this disease, there is an accumulation of urate crystals in the joints.
2. how to reduce uric acid fast?
Diet plays an important role in lowering down high uric acid levels. So always prefer a diet that are rich in high fiber content. use foods to reduce uric acid like apple, banana, cherries, pineapple, kiwi, guava, jowar, bajara, yellow lentil, pink lentil, green gram, garlic, ginger, cumin, fennel, fenugreek, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, blueberries etc. Always avoid food items like mushrooms, cauliflower, peas, dried beans, mutton, red meat, sea food, fish, spinach, and all dairy products.
- You can also drink one glass of lime water on empty stomach daily in the morning.
- Prepare an herbal tea by adding ½ tsp each of cumin seeds, ginger slices, licorice, and cardamon in two glass of water. Boil till it remains ½ glass. Strain the mixture and drink this herbal tea daily.
- Drink at least 8 to 12 glasses of water daily.
- You can also drink a decoction made from giloy herb.
- Do yoga asanas such as ardha matsyendrasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, halasana, hastashirasana, and makarasana daily.
For lowering down your high uric acid levels quickly follow all these instructions that are given above.
3. Is High Uric Acid Dangerous?
Yes, high uric acid is dangerous for health as its over production leads to gout and many other complications. Our kidneys help in elimination of excess uric acid from the body but when kidneys fail to remove, it creates kidney stones. Excess production of uric acid in the blood stream causes gout. Hyperuricemia can also lead to diarrhea, joints inflammation, nausea, gastrointestinal disorders etc.
4. What should I do if my uric acid is high? / What should be avoided in high uric acid?
For reducing your high uric acid levels follow a proper diet to control uric acid:
|10.||Pearl Millet (Bajra)||Fish|
|18.||Strawberries||White Flour (Maida)|
|20.||Brown Rice||White Rice|
5. How long does it take to lower down my high uric acid levels?
It totally depends upon the level of uric acid, condition, and body type of a patient that how much time it will take. If you follow proper medication along with diet chart and home remedies you will definitely see good results in a month.
6. Can gout kill you?
Gout can't kill you but if left untreated it may cause complications like damaged joints, loss of mobility or joints deformity, tophi, bone loss, kidney stones, and chronic kidney diseases.
7. Is Banana good for high uric acid patients?
Yes, banana is good for reducing the high level of uric acid. As banana is rich in potassium and vitamin C so, it decreases the inflammation and uric acid level. Banana converts high uric acid in liquid form that gets filtered by the kidneys and excreted out through urine. This process restrict the production of crystals in the joints that is the main reason for hyperuricemia.
8. Which food can reduce high uric acid? / How do you get rid of high uric acid in your body? What is a good diet for gout? / Which food can reduce high uric acid?
Here we are discussing proper list of foods to reduce uric acid mentioned below:
|10.||Pearl Millet (Bajra)||Fish|
|18.||Strawberries||White Flour (Maida)|
|20.||Brown Rice||White Rice|
|22.||Ridge Gourd||White Sugar|
|24.||Green Coconut Water||Asparagus|
9. What is the ayurvedic medicine for uric acid? / Which herbal medicine is best for high uric acid? / What is the best ayurvedic medicine for gout?
The best & herbal medicines for high uric acid is Gout Care Pack. This pack contains:
A. Giloy Capsules
Giloy capsules are prepared from the pure & standardized extract of giloy (Tinospora cordifolia).
- Giloy has an antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- These capsules reduce pain, inflammation, and fever associated with hyperuricemia.
B. Kaishore Guggul
This formulation is prepared by the mixture of herbs like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vidanga (Emblica ribes), Guggul resin (Commiphora mukul), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Indian jalap (Ipomoea turpethum), and Ginger (Zingiber officinale).
- These herbs reduce inflammation and pain in hyperuricemia condition.
- It also removes the toxins and harmful substance out from the body.
C. Navkarshik Churna
It is prepared by following herbs: Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa), Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Vacha (Acorus calamus), and Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia).
- This churna is very effective in the treatment of hyperuricemia.
- These herbs have anti-oxidant, anti-pyretic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
D. Punarnava Capsules
This formulation is prepared from the pure & standardized extract of punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa).
These capsules help in removing toxins from the body and give an effective result in hyperuricemia.
10. Is milk good for high uric acid patients?
Milk is not good for these patients because it contains high amount of protein content. High protein diet increases the level of uric acid in your body so you should totally avoid milk & milk products.
11. Is coffee bad for gout patients?
Yes, coffee is bad for gout patients. Coffee contains caffeine that leads to formation of urate crystals that increase uric acid level, which ultimately leads to gout.
12. Is oatmeal good in high uric acid?
Yes, oatmeal is good for high uric acid patients as it is rich in fiber content that helps to flush out all the toxins.
13. How can I get rid off gout pain fast? / How do I treat hyperuricemia?
To get rid of gout pain & hyperuricemia fast you should do some home remedies that are easily available such as:-
- Take lukewarm water add alum in it. Dip your affected area in this solution for 15mins. This remedy will reduce your inflammation, pain, and swelling.
- Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water drink this mixture on empty stomach every morning. This vinegar will reduce uric acid in the blood.
- Do hot and cold compress for fifteen minutes. This will reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling of the joints.
- Eat healthy diet and do exercise daily.
- Perform yoga asanas like makarasana (crocodile pose), pavan muktasana (wind relieving pose), ardha matsyendrasana (spinal twist pose), bhujangasana (cobra pose), dhanurasana (bow pose), and also perform pranayama (breathing techniques) daily.
- You can also use herbs like Giloy, Amala, Bibhitaki, Haritaki, Punarnava, and Manjistha etc due to anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and diuretic properties.
14. How long does it take for gout to go away?
It totally depends upon the levels of uric acid if it is more than 10 mg/dL than for proper management will take 3 to 6 months. The normal range of uric acid in males (3.4 to 7 mg/dL) and in females (2.4 to 6 mg/dL). But if the disease is chronic then it may take almost one year.
15. What causes uric acid build up?
There are many reasons that causes high uric acid like:
- Purine-rich diet - sardines, mushrooms, dried beans, peas etc.
- Diuretic medications
- Renal insufficiency
- Lack of physical activities.
16. What foods are high in uric acid? / What foods trigger gout attack? What foods triggers uric acid?
Foods that will increase your uric acid level are:
- Vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, mushroom, bell pepper and peas.
- Fruits like dates, prunes, and plums.
- Grains such as soybean, sprouts, black lentils, kidney beans, and chickpea.
- Red meat, organ meats, fishes like salmon, tuna, and codfish.
- Tea, coffee, white bread, and sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Consumption of Alcohol.
- Dehydration and stress.
17. How can I prevent a gout attack?
- Drink plenty of water as it flushes out the excessive uric acid from the body.
- Eat healthy diet.
- Elevate the joints.
- Do exercise and yoga asanas daily.
- Take proper sleep.
- Don't take stress.
18. Does high uric acid cause weight gain?
No, high uric acid doesn't cause weight gain but the overweight and obese people are more prone to high uric acid and gout. As in obese people there is more production of insulin that act as inhibitor for uric acid elimination by the kidneys. This will ultimately increase the level of uric acid in the people.
19. Is tomato good for high uric acid patients?
No, tomato is not good for high uric acid patients as it contains purines which triggers the uric acid levels.
20. Is exercise or yoga good for gout patients?
Yes daily exercises and performing yoga asanas are good for gout patients. As it will help to reduce pain, inflammation, and stiffness of the joints.
21. What should be my uric acid level?
Normal uric acid levels:
- In males - 3.7 to 7.0 mg/dL
- In females - 2.4 to 6.0 mg/dL
22. How to Cure Uric Acid Permanently?
High uric acid is permanently curable by changing your diet, performing exercises, yoga asanas, home remedies, and herbal medicines like (Giloy capsule, Kaishore guggul, Navkarshik churna, and Punarnava capsule).