Irritable Bowel Syndrome and its Ayurvedic Treatment
Digestion is an important process that assures the well being of our body and mind. If your digestive system is not functioning properly, it is bound to cause you some discomfort. There can be many reasons behind any digestive malfunction, including an unhealthy lifestyle and improper eating habit.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS is one such ailment that is caused due to irregular diet and unwholesome lifestyle that people adopt.
Major Causes for IBS
As discussed above, IBS is a digestive disorder that is brought about due to the unhealthy eating habits that people have. In today's day and age, when everybody is in a hurry to get to work or complete their work commitments, nobody has time to make sure that the food they are consuming is actually healthy. Now-a-days, healthy wholesome meals have been replaced by junk food that is seriously detrimental to your health and wellbeing.
Important Symptoms of IBS
The symptoms of IBS are as follows:-
- If you are suffering from IBS, you will feel an increased discomfort and pain in the region of your abdomen
- You will also experience bloating and cramps around your abdomen
- Your abdomen will increasingly contract after every meal you have
- There will be a noticeable increase in your level of flatulence
- You may begin to suffer from constipation or diarrhea or a blend of both
- The feeling of unclear bowel may linger with you throughout the day
How Ayurvedic Treatment can be helpful to treat IBS?
Although, there are many types of treatment that you can avail for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, the Ayurvedic treatment is probably your best option since it has no side effects at all since they are natural and organic. Planet Ayurveda's IBS Care Pack provides Ayurvedic medicines to treat this situation.
1. Kutajghana Vati
Ayurvedic literature extensively talks about Kutaja, which is a tree well known for its medicinal properties such as carminative, tonic, astringent, galactogogue, and many more. This makes it extremely useful for dealing with diarrhea, dysentery, intestinal worms, etc. Kutajghana Vati is very valuable for curing digestive problems, dysentery, diarrhea, which makes it a potent medicinal herb for IBS.
Dose: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Digestive Support
This helps to eradicate the abdominal pain, abdominal gaseous distention and acidity. Herbs like haritaki, dhania, fennel, amla, cumin are mixed together in appropriate proportions to maintain the natural pH level of the body.
Dose: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Sanjivani Vati
This is a very ancient form of Ayurvedic medicine and is helpful in healing gastroenteritis and various health ailments including fever. Sanjivini Vati has been known to pacify digestive problems and balance the digestive system. It has an overall effect on the digestive process and is exceptionally useful for curing IBS.
Dose: 2 tablets thrice daily.
4. Pitta Balance
This helps to balance the fire energy. Anger, irritability, anxiety, increased heart rate, acidity are some of the symptoms seen when pitta is aggravated. It leads to cooling of body, spirit and mind.
Dose: 1 Capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
To buy IBS Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/ibs-care-pack
For people suffering from IBS, certain precautions should be taken. They are as follows:-
- Caffeinated drinks, such as coffee or tea, alcoholic drinks and carbonated drinks should be avoided.
- Heavy meals, especially the ones that are rich in milk products and chocolate should be avoided.
- Under no circumstance should you suppress the urge to urinate or defecate.
- Make it a point to have your food while it is still warm.
- Consume buttermilk as much as possible.
- Try and avoid eating food if you are suffering from indigestion.
- Intake boiled vegetables, gruel with a bit of black pepper, etc.
- Drink water at a lukewarm temperature
- Make sure that your diet is rich in calcium
- Try and get the requisite amount of sleep that is necessary for you to function properly for the rest of the day
- And above all, do not remain on an empty stomach, always make sure to eat at regular intervals
These are some of the precautionary measure that can be taken so as not to aggravate the problem of IBS.
Thus, all things considered, it is safe to avail the natural treatments for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. These form the most helpful and efficient method of healing.