Ayurvedic Treatment of Kidney Stones
About Kidney Stones
The formation of stones in the kidneys or urinary tract is not an uncommon disorder. The stones are formed from the chemicals usually found in the urine such as uric acid, phosphorus, calcium, and oxalic acid. They may vary in consistency from grit, sand, and gravel-like obstructions to the size of a bird's egg. Stones may form and grow because the concentration of a particular substance in the urine exceeds its solubility.
Most kidney stones are composed either of calcium oxalate or phosphate, the latter being most common in the presence of infection. About ninety per cent of all stones contain calcium as the chief constituent. More than half of these are mixtures of calcium, ammonium and magnesium, phosphates and carbonates, while the remainder contain oxalate.
Causes and Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Kidney stones usually cause severe pain in their attempt to pass down the ureter on their way to the bladder. The pain is first felt in the side and, thereafter, in the groin and thighs. Other symptoms of kidney stones are a frequent desire to urinate, painful urination, .scanty urination, nausea, vomiting, sweating, and chills. The patient may also pass blood with the urine.
The formation of stones in the kidneys is the result of defects in the general metabolism. They usually occur when the urine becomes highly concentrated due to heavy perspiration or insufficient intake of fluids. They are aggravated by a sedentary life-style. The other causes are a wrong diet, excess Intake of acid-forming foods, white flour and sugar products, meat, tea, coffee, condiments and spices, rich foods, and overeating. Lack of vitamin A and an excessive intake of vitamin D may also lead to formation of stones.
Herbal Remedy for Kidney Stones
Varunadi Vati is a very special herbal formulation to prevent recurrent urinary tract infections and stone formation. It also clears the urinary tract and kidney stones quickly.
Varunadi vati helps to form a healthy urinary trackt keeping the pH level of the urine in such range that it is not good for formation of kidney stones. Varunadi Vati a conventional aid in maintaining alkalinity and works like natures best diuretic that greatly relieves pain, swelling, accumulation of water in the body leading to edema. It helps to maintain such an environment in the urinary tract and the kidneys which is hostile to formation of kidney stones and bacteria for urinary tract infections.
Mode of Action of Varunadi vati
Varunadi Vati very supportive in regulating the absorption of oxamide absorption from the extra intestine and thereby regulates the crystalloid-colloid inequality. It averts the high saturation of lithogenic materials. Varunadi Vati helps in inhibiting calculogenesis by lowering the stone forming materials like oxalic acid, calcium hydroxyproline and leads to eviction by micro pulverization.
Herbal Varunadi Vati leads to the crashing of the calculi and the crystals.. Varunadi Vati's antimicrobial actions are further beneficial in the avoidance of chronic urinary tract infections (UTI) that are linked with urinary stones and crystalluria. Usually urinary stone or a renal calculi is a tombstone on the body of a dead cell or a bacteria or a virus. Recurrent urinary tract infections are also one of the major reasons for formation of kidney stones.
Varunadi Vati possesses antispasmodic as well as anti inflammatory actions both reduce ureteric colic and ease the condition of sore and burning micturition.
Benefits of Varunadi Vati
- Varunadi Vati is also helpful in normalizes acidic urine and reduced from burning urination.
- It helps to reduce pain and inflammation.
- It keeps calcium (Ca) crystals dissolved thereby averting the stone formation.
- Varunadi Vati stops to stone creation in the urinary tract.
- Varunadi Vati treats stones in the urinary tract, and so frequent urinary tract infections. By the following method:-
- Decreasing the attentiveness of stone forming material in the blood and by expel them from the body.
- Varunadi Vati has anti-bacterial in nature.
- Contravention up stones by acting on mucin, a gummy substance which in fact binds particles jointly.
- It helps to normalize acidic urine.
- Decreasing oxidative anxiety that is concerned in the urinary stone creation
- Varunadi Vati's antibacterial action beside with its anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, antibacterial and urine pH normalizing all actions to prevent stone creation in the urinary tract and give break from the pain and burning urination connected with urinary stones and urinary tract infections.
Indication of Varunadi Vati
Following are the indications in which Varunadi Vati is beneficial:
- Helps in treating the feeling of burning urination.
- It helps in preventing and thereby treating the urinary stones, renal stones and crystalluria.
- Helps in treating diseases like gout, renal colic and water retention in the body
- It prevents the reappearance of stones later than surgery.
- It acts as an aid in avert reappearance of urinary tract infections (UTI).
Instructions for taking Varunadi Vati tablets
- In Urolithiasis and crystalluria: Take two tablets two times a days for at least 4 to 6 months or till confirmed by sonography or ultarsound.
- In urinary infections: Take one tablet twice a day till the infection is gone.
- In acute renal colic: Two tablets three to four times a day.
- In burning micturition: One tablet twice daily for a week.
- To stop reappearance of renal stones: One tablet twice daily for 6 months.
- Permit more than a few weeks for getting desired benefits. The use of this natural product also provides other progressive but long lasting outcome.
There are no contraindications for the make use of himalaya Varunadi Vati if taken in prescribed limits
Varunadi Vati does not create any side effects, if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
No biochemical or clinically important drug interactions have been reported with the make use of Varunadi Vati.
Dosage of Varunadi Vati
2 tablets thrice daily
To buy Varunadi Vati, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/varunadi-vati
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
1. Kidney Beans
Kidney beans, also known as dried French beans or Rajmah, are regarded as a very effective home remedy for kidney problems, including kidney stones. The method prescribed by our doctors to prepare the medicine is to remove the beans from inside the pods, then slice the pods and put about sixty grams in four litres of hot water, boiling them slowly for four hours. This liquid should be strained through fine muslin and then allowed. to cool for about eight hours. Thereafter the fluid should be poured through another piece of muslin without stirring.
Basil has a strengthening effect on the kidneys. In case of kidney stones, one teaspoon each of basil juice and honey should be taken daily for six months. It has been found that stones can be expelled from the urinary tract by this treatment
Celery is a valuable food for those who are prone to getting stones In the kidneys or gall-bladder. Its regular Intake prevents future stone formation.
Apples are useful In kidney stones. In countries where the natural unsweetened cider is a common beverage, cases of stones or calculus are practically absent The ripe fresh fruit is, however, more valuable.
Grapes have an exceptional diuretic value on account of their high contents of water and potassium salt The value of this fruit in kidney troubles is enhanced by its low albumin and sodium chloride content It is an excellent care for kidney stones.
The seeds of both sour and sweet pomegranates are a useful medicine for kidney stones. A tablespoon of the seeds, ground Into a fine paste, can be given along with a cup of horse gram (kulthi) soup to dissolve gravel in kidneys. Two tablespoons of horse gram should be used for preparing the cup of soup.
Watermelon contains the highest concentration of water amongst all fruits. It is also rich in potassium salts. It is one of the safest and best diuretics which can be used with beneficial results in kidney stones.
8. Vitamin B
Research has shown the remarkable therapeutic success of vitamin B6 or pyridoxine In the treatment of kidney stones. A daily therapeutic dose of 100 to 150 mg of vitamin B6' preferably combined with other B complex vitamins, should be continued fur several months for getting a permanent care.
Other Measures in Kidney Stones
The patient should be given a large warm enema, followed by a hot bath with a temperature of 37.SOC, gradually increased to 44C. During the bath, the head should be wrapped in a cold towel. Hot fomentation applied across the back in the region of the kidneys will relieve the pain. Certain yoga asanas such as pavanmuktasana, uttanpadasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, and halasana are also beneficial as they activate the kidneys.