Maidenhair Spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes) - Herbal Remedy for Hair Problems
- Botanical Name - Asplenium trichomanes
- Family Name - Filices
- Other Name - Maidenhair spleenwort
Uses of Maidenhair spleenwort
- Skin conditions
- Hair problems
- Bronchitis disorders
- Menstrual problems
- Sore throat
- Insect bites
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- The liquid extract is one of the best anthelmintics against tapeworm, which it kills.
- The powder is useful for rickets. The powder is taken one to two teaspoonful twice a day with water.
- An ointment is an effect on wounds, bruised and other skin conditions.
- It acts as diuretic and expectorant and hence useful for urinary and respiratory disorders.
- The whole plant is beneficial in hair problems such as hair falls etc. and menstrual disorders.
- Maiden tea is helpful in sore throat.
- It is used as a poultice on snake bites, bee stings etc.
- A paste made from the fronds is applied to the forehead to relieve headaches and to the chest to relieve chest pains.
- Extract - 5 to 10ml
- Ointment - Twice daily
- Powder - 3 to 6 gm
- Tea - 2 to 4gm
Extract, Ointment, Powder, Tea