Ayurvedic Treatment for Migraine
Migraine is a chronic neurological ailment associated with recurrent headaches and various nervous system symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, sound and smell. It affects half part of the head and lasts for 2 hrs. to 50 hrs.
Migraine is very painful & it is very common in individuals these days. Due to heavy work pressure and over loaded schedule, migraine is gaining popularity these days. It causes an increase in the throbbing or pain in one part of the head. The head is so intense that the individual feels a pulsing sensation in head or forehead. Medical science has termed it as the neurological disorder.
The major causes are still unknown. Heredity and environmental factors play the most important roles to cause this disorder.
Alteration of mood, irritability, fatigue, hallucination, depression, diarrhea, constipation, excessive pain and weaknesses are the major symptoms of migraines.
The pain is often followed by vomiting and nausea. The situation further worsens on being exposed to sound and light.
Food items which are known to Trigger Migraine Attack
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, packed juices
- Junk and processed food items.
- Fermented foods like dosa, vada, bhatura & idli etc.
- Fruits like grapes, lemon, bananas, resins etc.
- Vegetables like beans, onions & garlic etc.
- Chinese food items.
- Nuts like peanuts, walnuts & cashew nuts etc.
Herbal Remedies for Migraine by Planet Ayurveda
According to Ayurvedic point of view migraine is related with "Shirashool". Migraine is due to Vata, Pitta & Kapha dosha mainly Pitta is involved in it. Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Migraine Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of migraine. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Medhya Churna - 1/4 teaspoon once daily with 1 spoon of Cow Ghee (Clarified Butter).
- Arogyavardhini Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Brahmi Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water.
1. Ashwagandha Capsules
These capsules contain standardized extract of the Ashwagandha herb (Withania somnifera). Ashwagandha capsules are quite effective for the nervous system. This herbal remedy is a natural rejuvenator. It is regarded as best adaptogenic tonic. The capsules treat symptoms associated with migraine patients.
2. Medhya Churna
It is the herbal formulation consist of various herbs Vacha (Acorus calamus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Ajmoda (Carum roxburghianum), Shwet Jeerak (Cuminum cyminum) and Sonth (Zingiber officinale) etc. This formulation is inspired by the classical Ayurvedic formula "Sarawat Churna". It is memory enhancing herbal supplement works wonderfully to improve memory, increasing the concentration & relaxes mind also. All the herbs in this formulation helps to sharpen the brain. It is very effective for nervous system.
3. Arogyavardhini Vati
It is an effective herbal remedy from the house of Planet Ayurveda. It consists of the various herbs Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amlaki (Emblica officinalis) and Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica) etc. These tablets help in the proper digestion and removes the toxins from the body, hence it helps to strengthen the body. The symptoms associated with migraine are treated with it.
4. Pitta Balance
These capsules consist of ingredients Parval Pishti (Coral calcium), Akik Pishti (Agate calcium), Jawar mohra pishti (An Ayurvedic calcium compound), Kamdhudha ras (An Ayurvedic Calcium compound), Mukta Pishti (Pearl Calcium) and Giloy satva (Tinospora cordifolia). This herbal remedy balances the pitta dosha of the body, due to which aggravation of this disease occurs. The metabolic functions in the body are all governed by the Pitta Dosha. It provides the cooling effect to the body also.
5. Brahmi Capsules
These are the capsules which are the pure extract of the Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) herb. It is the one of the best remedy for the brain. The herb contains alkaloids like Bacoposides. This herbal remedy balances the all three doshas of the body. It nourishes the neurons and improves retention ability. It is the complete remedy for mind.
To buy Migraine Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/migraine-care-pack
To Avoid Attack
- Avoid trigger factors.
- Exercise regularly.
- Do not skip the meals and eat at regular time.
- Do not sleep in excess especially during off days if you are working as routine gets change.
- Do not eat anything which you feel may trigger headache symptoms.
- Relax and try not to get too tired.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Make improvement in the posture.
- Sit in the dark room.
- Hold an icepack on your forehead to reduce the pain.
- Get enough sleep but do not over sleep.
- Stretch yourself and relax as much as possible.