Momordica charantia (Bitter melon) - Herbal Remedy for Diabetes
- Botanical Name: Momordica charantia
- Family Name: Cucurbitaceae
- Other Name: Bitter Melon, Bitter Gourd
Uses of Bitter melon
- Skin conditions
- Burning sensations
- Lack of craving
- High cholesterol
- H. pylori ulcers
- Intestinal gas
- Intestinal parasites
- Digestive disorders
- Spleen disorders
- Liver conditions
- Blood purification
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- Momordica paste is also useful for wounds, skin disorders, injuries and piles.
- The powder is beneficial in diabetes, urines disorders and upset digestive system. The powder is taken one to two teaspoonful twice a day with water.
- It acts as expectorant and hence useful for cough and other lungs congestions.
- The fruit is useful in gout, rheumatism, spleen and liver conditions.
- It is to treat purify blood.
- Due to its bitter taste, it is useful in suppressing the worm infestation.
- A leaf tea is used for expel intestinal gas, to promote menstruation, and as an antiviral for measles, hepatitis, and feverish conditions.
- It is also used to induce abortions and as an aphrodisiac.
- Bitter melon is used to treat infections caused by retrovirus, and is being investigated in the treatment of HIV.
- Bitter melon juicer is useful for diabetic patient.
- Bitter melon improves the body's ability to use blood sugar and improves glucose tolerances.
- Juice - 5 to 10ml
- Tea - 2 to 4gm