Natural Diet for Ulcerative Colitis
The large intestine is part of the gastrointestinal tract which has series of hollow organs they joined in a long, twisting tube from the mouth to the anus the body. The last part of the gastrointestinal tract, which is known as the lower gastrointestinal tract. It is consists of the large intestine, the appendix, cecum, colon, and rectum and anus. But when this large intestine has some problem like ulcer formation, it then creates a very serious problem which is related with ulcer colitis.
Ulcerative colitis is basically inflammatory in colon and ulcer formation in large intestine In the inner lining of large intestine which is characterized by the ulcer formation then this condition said to be ulcer colitis. Ulcerative colitis is major type of bowel disorder. According to the ayurveda, when vata pushes pitta into colon and create ulcer there. So there is great imbalances between vita and pitta doshas. Ulcerative colitis often begins gradually and can become worse after some time. Most people have periods of remission times when symptoms disappear that can last for weeks or sometime years.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
- Hereditary problems
- Over reactive intestinal immune system.
- Bad eating habits
- Intake of spicy food items
- Sleeping disorder
- Lack of hygiene
- Improper lifestyle
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- Uncertain bowel movement
- Feeling tired
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Eye irritation
- Certain rash
- Joint pain
- Abdomen pain
- Bleeding in stool
- Digestion problem
Recommended Diet for Ulcerative Colitis
There are many natural way in which the ulcerative colitis can be treated with diet and herbs as it is very important and essential for body. Avoid some food items in order to alleviate the sign and symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
There are some beneficial diet for the ulcerative colitis mention below:-
- Citrus food is not good for the ulcerative colitis. One's should not take a citrus food rich diet in daily routine. It also imbalances the vita and pitta doshas.
- Yogurt, ghee, cheese, milk and butter are very heavy to digest so patient of ulcerative colitis should not take these items in their diet.
- Packed, frozen and white flour are not recommended to the patient with this disease.
- Non–vegetarian diet should be stopped immediately as they seem to be very heavy diet and it give worse effect on the large intestine.
- Avoid alcohol immediately because more consumption of alcohol give discomfort indigestion.
- Stop smoking as it give very stress to the body.
- Packed juices are recommended to the patient who has ulcerative colitis.
- Marigold juice and rose petal juice work effectively in this disease.
- Herbal tea with cumin also play an important role in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
- Banana is very useful as it heal the ulcer. As it smooth the digestive system and make strong digestion.
- Vegetables like pumkin, bottle guard, ash guard and ridge guard also very effective one for ulcerative colitis.
- Avoid caffeine as it give worst effect on the intestine and digestion so, one's should take tea in their diet.
So, all these important points must kept in the mind while taking their diet. It give effective and beneficial for our body. Patient should try to avoid too much stress and anxiety. He should go for a sound free sleep. He should drink lots of water as it remove all the toxins from the body. These will help in to get relief from pain, inflammation and healing the ulcer from root. Home remedies give very great effect on body and treatable for ulcerative colitis. As it safe and natural to use and this has no side effect.
Herbal Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack is a combination of various herbal remedies, which are found to be effective in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis by so many ayurvedic doctors all over the world. The combination is made and endorsed by many renowned ayurvedic experts from various countries.
The combination not only helps to control bleeding, but also stops the fermentation, pain, discomfort, heals the ulcers and restores health. The combo pack includes 4 herbal remedies - Kutazghan Vati, Pitta Balance, Arjuna and Vatsakadi Churna.
- Arjuna Capsules – 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Vatsakadi churna - 1 tsp. twice daily with plain water after meal or you can boil the powder -1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Pitta balance - 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Kutajaghana vati - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meal.