Natural Home Remedies for Ulcerative colitis
Our body is made of many different surfaces and substances that smoothly co-exist with each other. When the lining of our inner body parts is disturbed, this can cause the formation of a disease known as ulcers. There are different types of ulcers and ulcerative colitis is one of those.
This disease is an inflammatory bowel disease where the lining of the large intestine, which is the bowel or the rectum get inflamed. This can cause extreme discomfort and causes sores and ulcers on the lining of the colon. Ulcerative colitis generally starts at the rectum and then begins moving upwards.
This article will give you a basic idea of the disease as well as home remedies for ulcerative colitis.
Causes of Ulcerative colitis
The disease is fairly common but there is still no concrete answer as to why the disease is caused. However, theories suggest that the causes could include abnormal activation of the immune system in the intestines. Scientists have ruled out stress as a factor and further studies on the subject are still ongoing to get some proof as to why it occurs.
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal pain.
- Increased abdominal sounds
- Bloody stools
- Rectal pain
- Weight loss and
Amongst other symptoms, it is important that individuals get themselves checked regularly to make sure that they do not suffer from any of the symptoms that the disease can cause.
Home Remedies for Ulcerative colitis
There are many home remedies for ulcerative colitis that can be used to try to get rid of the disease in an individual. These include:-
- First and foremost, to get rid of the disease, it is important that an individual is able to get the right amount of water into their system. This cleanses the body and helps regulate the flow of blood in the system.
- Eating small meals goes a long way in ensuring that your body remains fit and intact throughout all times. Exceeding the amount of food that your body requires puts a lot of load on the digestive system and this can cause ulcerative colitis.
- Limiting your intake of high-fiber foods is also a great way to ensure that your body remains free from attracting the disease. This helps the intestines to remain stress-free and churn your food properly before disposing it.
- Avoid fatty foods. Regulating the amount of fatty foods that you eat can go a long way in making sure that your body remains in good condition and the intestines are able to digest the food properly.
- If you are lactose intolerant, it is best that you avoid milk products as much as you can. This can cause unnecessary load in the stomach as well as the lining of the rectum and cause inflammation.
- Taking vitamin tablets is also a good way to ensure that the system remains healthy at all times. However, it is best advised that you talk to a dietician before you go through with the decision as it may cause bad effects otherwise.
- Try to maintain a balanced diet as this will ensure that the digestive system is working fully functionally.
- Never skip medications if you are under a specific course. Your body can start deteriorating and allow for the disease to occur.
- Regulating the caffeine intake of your body can also cause the disease to take place in the body. By maintaining the amount that is taken in, you can ensure that the body doesn't get stimulated too much which is good.
- Pay attention to trigger foods that are capable of causing this disease. It is best to talk to a dietician and maintain a good plan to make sure that you get the right nutrients.
Herbal Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis
Along with home remedies, Planet Ayurveda offers Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack, which is a wonderful pack for ayurvedic treatment of ulcerative colitis. The Package consists of 4 different herbal remedies "Vatskadi churna, Pitta balance, Arjuna and Kutajghan Vati". This combination for ayurvedic treatment of ulcerative colitis works synergistically, in which they stop the bleeding, fermentation, discomfort, pain, heals the ulcer and restore the health.
- Arjuna Capsules – 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Vatsakadi churna - 1 tsp. twice daily with plain water after meal or you can boil the powder -1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Pitta balance - 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Kutajaghana vati - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meal.
4 Healthy Tips
- Make sure that you get the right amount of exercise every day.
- Visit your doctor regularly for body checks.
- Get good sleep so that the body digests properly.
- Maintain a healthy diet at all times.
Thus, though ulcerative colitis doesn't exactly have a cause, it can be avoided by paying close attention to the symptoms and making sure that the right amount of good foods and nutrients are absorbed by the body at all times so that the disease doesn't occur now or in the future.