NATURAL REMEDIES FOR GOUT (HIGH URIC ACID)
Gout - A Metabolic Unrest in The Body!
Gout is a metabolic disorder associated with high uric acid levels in blood. Uric acid is a byproduct of protein metabolism in the body. It should be effectively eliminated from the body otherwise, it accumulates at various sites in the form of crystals of uric acid which cause arthritis and other problems of metabolism.
It is a commonly found arthritis in males and affects middle aged men most commonly.
Joint Involvement in Gout
Gout characteristically affects the smaller joints of the toes or the fingers initially. Bigger joint involvement comes much later into the picture.
Gout and Osteoarthritis
What Happens During a Gout Attack?
Gout attack can occur suddenly at any point of time. It may wake you up in the middle of the night with severe pain in the big toe and inflammation that follows along with it.
The joint becomes red hot and hurts. Other joints that may similarly get involved in a gout attack are joints of the feet, ankle, knees, hands and wrist.
Herbal Remedies for Gout (High Uric Acid) by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Gout Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of gout (high uric acid). These herbal remedies are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herbs; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives. The products are prepared under the supervision of renowned Ayurveda experts.
- Giloy Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Kaishore Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Punarnava Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, after meals, with warm water.
- Dashmularisht - 2 teaspoonful twice daily with equal amount of water, after meals.
1. Giloy Capsules
Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is a well-known plant in Ayurvedic system of medicine. It bears small flowers and prefers tropical climatic conditions for its growth. Giloy capsule is prepared by using standardized extract of Giloy herb. The capsule shells are 100 % vegetarian and free from gelatin. It is a natural formulation that helps to remove the toxins from the body.
2. Kaishore Guggul
Kishore guggul is helpful for the accumulation of the uric acid in the joints, which is indicated by the redness and swelling. It is excellent for removal of uric acid and lymphatic congestion. It is traditionally used in the gout, which is characterized by redness, heat, inflammation and severe pain in the joints.
3. Navkarshik churna
It acts as an anti-oxidant which removes the excess of uric acid from the body. It helps to purify the blood and corrects the metabolism of the "Pitta" and helps in the heat regulation of the body. It helps to improve the immunity of the body. It balances the vata dosha also. It is also very effective in swollen and painful joints. It is the pure herbal formulation without adding any chemicals.
4. Punarnava Capsules
It is another herbal remedy from the house of Planer Ayurveda. It is most effective herbal remedy to reduce the uric acid level. It is useful in reducing swelling and pain in the joints. It acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and analgesic also. It helps to reduce the edema, swelling around the joints. It also helps to remove the toxins from the body.
Dashmularishta contains natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, therefore helps to manage the pain and swelling in gout. It helps to pacify the excessive levels of vata dosha and thus, is effective in managing the cases of gout (vata rakta). Dashmularishta is beneficial in improving the overall health of the body as it enhances digestion and immunity also.
To buy Gout Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/gout-care-pack
Diet and Lifestyle
- You should rest in bed during an attack of gout.
- Putting an ice pack on the joint may ease the pain.
- Do not cover the inflamed joint with any piece of cloth as it may irritate the joint even further.
- A good pain relieving medicine can also be taken.
- Limit consumption of proteins by avoiding animal proteins and pulses. Look for protein options which can be safely consumed in case of Gout.
- Practice taking a low-salt diet which is particularly low in sodium which causes water retention in the body when consumed in excess.
- Include a lot of fibers in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, fruits etc.
- Whole wheat food products should be preferred such as old cereals, barley, lentils which should be consumed with added ghee in ample amounts.
- Bitter gourd (karela), Bottle gourd (lauki), Ridge gourd (torai), Snake gourd (chichinda) should be taken generously in meals.
- Fenugreek leaves should be consumed in plenty.
- Green gram soup can be taken.
- Cold foods such as ice creams, cold drinks, cold weather conditions, windy weather should be strictly avoided ( increase the vata element)
- High protein diet should be avoided like all meat, sea foods, pulses, egg and its various preparations.
- Avoid eating heavy, salty, spicy, pungent and sour things.
- Curd, alcoholic drinks, rice, milk and other dairy products should also be avoided (increase the kapha element in the body)
- Avoid mental stress, excessive physical activity, anger and excessive work load for better therapeutic results.