Natural Treatment of Allergy
Allergy is the hypersensitive response within the body to a matter or substance which is not much harmful but may cause immune reactions which in turn displays symptoms and ailment of allergy.
Ayurveda relates allergies to over excitability or hypersensitivity of Nervous System. Allergies are more common among people who are hypersensitive, restless, do overwork and are prone to stress. Allergic reactions take place when a person's immune system is weak.
Allergies vary from person to person. As per the principles of Ayurveda, our body has three vital energies. These are the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Imbalance of either of these individually or in combined form can cause allergies According to Ayurveda, an allergy is the result of a particular substance (the allergen) aggravating a specific. Ayurveda therefore classifies allergies according to doshas: vata, Pitta and Kapha. And yes, it's possible for more than one dosha to be involved.
Most commonly allergic reactions are in accordance to our constitutions. In other words, a pitta-predominant individual is may develop a pitta type of allergy while a kapha-predominant person is more likely to suffer from a kapha type of allergy. This is especially true when our predominant doshas are aggravated. However, it is also possible to develop allergies that do not correlate with our constitutions. For instance, a vata-predominant person with increased pitta, might manifest a purely pitta type of allergy. Whatever the case, let's start by differentiating the three types of allergies identified in the Ayurvedic tradition.
Herbal Remedies for Allergy by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offer best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Allergy Care Pack for natural treatment of allergy. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These remedies are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Tulsi Capsules: 2 Capsule, twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Praanrakshak Churna: 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Aller-G Care: 2 Capsules, twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules: 2 Capsule, twice daily with warm water after meals.
1. Tulsi Capsules
It is useful for various allergic conditions like hay fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, respiratory disorders, stress, insect bites and headache. Tulsi standardized extracts are present to enhance the effects.
2. Praanrakshak Churna
It is a mixture of six herbs, Shirish, Vaasa, Anantmool, Dalchini, Bharangi, Madhuyashti. It is indicated for asthma, chronic allergy, bronchitis, breathlessness, sinusitis and respiratory tract ailments.
3. Aller G Care
It consists of herbs like Haridra, Neem, Shirish and Ashwagandha. It is beneficial for pollen allergy, chronic allergic rhinitis, chronic sinutis, chronic eosinophilia, hay fever, asthma, eczema, urticaria and respiratory allergies.
4. Curcumin Capsules
It is herbal extract of Curcumin. Active ingredient curcuminoids are effective in treatment of inflammation, indigestion, asthma, allergy, diarrhoea, dysentery, cough, cold and congestion.
To buy Allergy Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/allergy-care-pack
All these herbal remedies make wonderful allergy treatment in Ayurveda, which provide side benefits rather than any kind of side effects so opt for these with balanced diet and life style to stay fit and healthy!
Diet in Allergy
- Eat Food rich in Anthocyanins, a phytonutrient that is present in purple red coloured food. They have natural anti-inflammatory properties. Anthocyanins are found in foods such as beets, berries, cherries and dark purple and red grapes.
- Apple can also keep allergic reactions at bay. Apples are the best dietary sources of quercetin, a flavonoid that effectively protects against allergic reactions. Quercetin stabilizes the cell membranes of mast cells and basophils hence preventing them from releasing lots of histamine.
- Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious and are least likely to cause allergic reactions hence often recommended for babies. Sweet potatoes contains vitamin C as well as some unique proteins which have significant antioxidant properties.
- Garlic has been used as a remedy for a wide range of ailments as it promotes heart health, prevents, treats cancer and reduces high blood pressure. Eating garlic on a daily basis may prevent allergic reactions due to its ability to inhibit the activity of certain enzymes which releases inflammatory prostaglandins and thromboxanes. Fresh garlic contains a fair amount of vitamin C and selenium.
- Omega 3 fatty acid lowers the risk of allergies and reduces symptoms. Fatty fish like salmon as well as nuts like almond, walnut are great source of omega 3 fatty acid. The anti-inflammatory property of omega 3 fatty acid is likely to help allergy relief.
- Warm liquids like hot herbal tea or soups may help thin out mucus to ease congestion as allergies present themselves as congestion or mucusy cough. Warm drinks are very effective to ease cold symptoms. It helps body to stay hydrated. Inhaling in a steam shower is another way to ease down allergy.
- Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage assist the process of removing toxins through the liver and kidneys since accumulation of toxins in the body may increases the inflammation which may worsen allergy symptoms.
- Lentils are loaded with iron, protein, folic acid and are beneficial to curb allergy.
- Avoid celery, alcohol, smoking, dairy products, spicy, oily and processed food.