ABOUT PILES (HEMORRHOIDS)
"Piles" is a very common problem. But, patients generally do not tend to consult the physician due to the embarrassing situation. But, if treated in due course of time, the situation can be handled properly.
Piles or hemorrhoids is not an uncommon problem however, and it's one that is prevalent among men and women alike and can be managed easily if diagnosed in time.
WHAT IS AYURVEDIC APPROACH?
Ayurveda calls piles or hemorrhoids as arshas. Here pitta dosha (ayurvedic energy presenting fire) is vitiated due to causative factors like excessive intake of sour, spicy, hot, packed foods, more anger, frustration, stress etc. vitiated pitta dosha leads to impaired digestion and Ama (toxins) gets accumulated in digestive gut. This again causes Vata to get out of control and leads to bloating of gas. Vata takes pitta to anal region and forms pea like structure which hangs downwards.
Piles are the inflamed form of hemorrhoids. These are the small raisings on the anal opening. These cushioned tissues are filled with blood and fibers. Everyone has these cushioned tissues but when they grow bigger, then the situation is called as piles.
HOW COMMON ARE PILES?
Both males and females experience piles. Half of the population gets piles or hemorrhoids by the age of 50. Females are more prone to develop piles during pregnancy due to pressure of the fetus in abdomen.
WHAT ARE TYPES OF PILES?
These are generally of two types:-
- Internal Piles – Where the piles develop in the rectum and anus. These cannot be seen visually, but can be very well felt. If these piles come out of the anus, the situation is known as Prolapsed hemorrhoid. This type of situation is extremely painful. And it may also happen that the patient is not aware of the whole situation at all.
- External Piles –Where the piles develop around and outside the opening of the anus, it becomes external piles. These can give rise to uncomfortable and painful situation coupled with swelling, inflammation and itching.
WHAT ARE MAJOR CAUSES OF PILES?
Some of the basic major causes of this painful disorder are as follows:-
- Irritable bowel movement
- Sitting for long duration
- Liver cirrhosis
- Poor diet low in fiber, high in fat
- Hard labor
- Anal intercourse
- Physical Weakness
The problem of piles occurs when there exists severe pressure on blood vessels and veins in the anal region or there arises weakness of the vein giving rise to varicose veins.
WHAT ARE SYMPTOMS OF PILES?
- A lump hanging down from the anus
- Pain, redness and swollen area around the anus
- Anal itching
- A mucus discharge after passing stools
- Bleeding after passing stools
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR PILES (HEMORRHOIDS) BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Piles Care Pack for natural treatment of piles (hemorrhoids). Best quality herbs are put to use while preparing these remedies and adhering to the principles of Ayurveda. These remedies are utterly natural, pure and vegetarian. Also, there are no chemicals, additives and preservatives which makes it free from side effects.
- Vara Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Pile OFF Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Triphala Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Arshkuthar Ras - 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Suran Vatak - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Nirgundi Oil - For local application on the affected area.
1. Arshkuthar Ras
Arshkuthar ras is a tablet prepared by ancient ayurvedic physicians to combat the condition arsha roga (piles). The ingredients used are snuhi ksheera (extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia), suran churna (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius), danti mool (Baliospermum Montanum), Shuddha tankan (Citrus tankan) etc. This formulation improves the functioning of liver and vein strength thus relieves constipation. It mainly calms vata and kapha dosha, reduces piles mass and shrinks the swelling and inflammation. This herbomineral preparation shows faster action and eases the abdominal discomfort.
2. Vara Churna
A herbal supplement containing Amla and 2 more herbs which are cleansing and help in gas, acidity, constipation. It works as an effective Ayurvedic treatment for piles
3. Pile Off Capsules
The Pile Off capsules as the name suggests help to shrink the pile mass, relieves pain and itching. These are useful in bleeding as well as non bleeding piles. The pile off capsules are 100% natural and are beneficial in internal as well as external piles or even sentinel tag. When used in combination with Kachnaar guggul and Vara churna, they help to eradicate the piles from the root. In case of bleeding piles, the bleeding stops and the pile mass shrinks.
4. Triphala Guggul
Triphala Guggul is a classical preparation and has impressive results in case of piles. The formulation has ingredients like Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), amalaki (Emblica officinalis) and guggul (Commiphora guggul). The combination of triphala with guggul fills the formulation with a healing effect. In addition, triphala guggul also works wonderfully in case of internal piles as well as external piles as it acts to reduce the inflammation present in this case. Moreover, it also has an impact on other Anorectal problems like Fissure and fistula as well. The formulation helps with constipation, incomplete evacuation and aids digestion.
5. Nirgundi Oil
Nirgundi oil is widely used in ayurveda to manage various abscess and cyst conditions. Ingredients used in the preparation of this oil are primarily nirgundi (vitex negundo), langali (Gloriosa superba) and sesame oil. This oil has a very good effect in non healing wounds, all kinds of nadi vrana (sinus wounds) and other inflammatory conditions. Nirgundi has an intrinsically Katu (pungent) and Tikta (bitter) Rasa thus balances the Vata and Kapha Doshas.
6. Suran Vatak
The Suran vatak is a formulation which especially helps with piles. The formulation has ingredients like Surana (Amorphophallus campanulatus), Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Dhatri (Emblica officinalis), vidanga (Emblica ribes), Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacardium) and many others. All these herbs have a very impressive role in reducing the size of piles by easing the inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins. The formulation facilitates proper digestion and complete expulsion of faeces. The formulation helps in balancing the doshas, mostly Vata and pitta.
To buy Piles Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/piles-care-pack
Planet Ayurveda is leading manufacturing company of natural products. It is an Indian based company, located at Mohali (Punjab).
- Whole grain foods, Fresh fruits, Green leafy vegetables, and beans should be included in daily diet.
- Papaya, apples and pears are good to opt.
- Prefer prune juice, Carrot juice. However it should be noted that these juices should not be consumed in excess. Radish juice can also be very helpful.
- Products that include caffeine should be seriously avoided. Red meat, bakery products, spicy food should also be avoided.
- Apart from food, it is also important for people to exercise daily as well as get adequate amount of sleep and water.
- Care should be taken to ensure that the problem does not reoccur.