Ayurvedic Treatment of Nephritis
Nephritis is the inflammation of kidney which causes impaired kidney function. It also involves swelling of glomeruli, tubules or interstitial tissues. In nephritis, the filtering unit of kidney called glomeruli functions improperly, often as a result of bacterial infections. Not all the glomeruli are damaged to the same degree, however, so the kidneys can continue to function. Sometimes the kidneys may already be affected before the symptoms appears.
Every day kidneys filter about 150 lt. of blood to produce about 1 to 2 lt of urine, composed of wastes and extra fluid. The urine flows from the kidneys to the bladder through ureters. The bladder stores urine. When the bladder empties, urine flows out of the body through a tube called the urethra, located at the bottom of the bladder.
Kidney is consists of a million filtering units called nephrons. The nephron is comprised of glomerulus and a tubule. The glomerulus lets fluid and waste product pass through it but prevents blood cells and large molecules from passing. The filtered fluid then passes through the tubule, which sends essential minerals back to the bloodstream and removes wastes. The final product becomes urine.
Depending to the locations of inflammation, nephritis can be classified as follows:
- Acute nephritis
- Chronic nephritis
- Primary glomerulonephritis
- Autoimmune nephritis
- Lupus nephritis
- Interstitial nephritis
Causes of Nephritis
Some underlying conditions which may possibly causes nephritis includes:
- Vascular diseases
- Degenerative process
- Certain poisons and chemical poisoning such as Ether, Thallium sulphate
- Certain medications
- Certain metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypertension
- Heredity factors
- Bacterial infection
- Underlying health conditions or medical problems that may cause nephritis. Some of which include urethral stricture, immune complex diseases, gout, Hermann's syndrome, yellow fever, renal tuberculosis, typhoid fever, hepatitis, mumps, measles, pneumonia and abscesses.
Symptoms of Nephritis
The prime symptoms of nephritis involve:
- Reduced urine
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in urine
- Loin pain
- Kidney inflammation
- Loss of appetite
- One or both kidneys failure
Complications of Nephritis
- Nephritis may cause pain in the side, back or belly.
- Nephritis may develop nephrotic syndrome which is characterized by a group of clinical manifestations such as proteinuria, swelling, hyperkalemia, hypoproteinemia and gastrointestinal disorders where manifestations can be nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain and so on.
- Protein and red blood cells count can be evaluated by urine examination under a microscope. If left untreated, nephritis may cause a drastic reduction in kidney functions and the kidney tissue will deteriorate. The patient may develop high blood pressure and may die either from kidney failure or heart failure.
Herbal Remedies for Nephritis
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Revive Kidneys Pack for ayurvedic treatment of nephritis (inflammation of the kidneys). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 Teaspoonful twice daily with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Varunadi Vati
These herbal tablets are prepared from a combination of herbs like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia Diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora mukul). These herbs are packed with diuretic, anti-inflammatory properties and are useful in the management of various kidney diseases.
2. Mutrakrichantak Churna
Mutrakrichantak herbal mixture is one of the best herbal remedies for kidney failure. It brings down urea and creatinine levels quickly. This makes it an excellent herbal product for kidney care and avoid dialysis. The various herbs in Mutrakrichantak Churna are described in ancient texts and are very effective to regenerate kidney cells or failing nephrons. It helps in normalizing the filter function of the kidney and make Mutrakrichantak Churna as one of the best herbal remedies for kidney care.
3. Rencure Formula
These are pure herbal capsules which are prepared from various herbs like Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Palaash (Butea monosperma) and Kaasni (Cichorium intybus). These herbs are useful in different types of kidneys problems. It rejuvenates the dying cells and helps to revive the dying organs of the body. It act as a natural cleanser and helps the kidneys to eliminate the toxins quickly without any side effects.
4. Punarnava Mandur
It is a wonderful formulation which is useful in the management of many health conditions. It is obtained from different herbs which are given below:-
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Chitrak Mool (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Mandoor Bhasma (Ferric oxide calx)
The herbs used in the formulation are very effective in removing toxins from the body. It acts as a natural diuretic and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to manage kidneys problems and reduce the related symptoms.
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack
- Manage diabetes, cholesterol level, body weight and high blood pressure.
- Include low-salt, low fat and low protein food in the diet.
- Avoid smoking, drinking and tobacco.
- Refrain from eating fatty, oily and fried food.
- Exercise, yoga and meditation and regular checkup are necessary.
- Potassium intake is regulated in kidney failure hence low potassium containing food sources like carrots, cabbage, and apples etc. should be preferred.
- Take low protein diet
- Opt for low phosphorus food items.