Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) - Herbal Remedy for Aches
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Family Name: Myristicaceae
- Other Name: Jaiphal
Uses of Nutmeg
- Upset stomach
- Liver disorders
- Eye conditions
- Muscular pains
- Digestive disorders
- Nervous related problems
- Bronchitis conditions
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- It is useful in nausea, stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea associated with cholera.
- It is also useful in diseases of the liver, spleen, headaches, palsy and eye troubles.
- Nutmeg oil stimulates the heart and circulation, activates the mind and revives people from fainting spells.
- The oil has good anti-inflammatory action, and is also successful in relieving pain, muscular aches, and rheumatism.
- It is to treat for fever, asthma and heart disease.
- It is useful for digestive disorders, kidney disease and lymphatic ailments.
- Nutmeg oil is used for illnesses related to the nervous.
- An ointment is effect on piles.
- The root powder is useful for leucorrhoea. The powder is taken one to two teaspoonful twice day with water.
- Nutmeg syrup is helpful for cough. Take 10 to 15 ml twice a day.
- Oil - Twice daily
- Powder - 3 to 6 gm
- Syrup - 10 to 15ml
- Ointment - Twice daily
Oil, Powder, Syrup, Ointment