Herbal Remedies for Osteoporosis
Why should we be concerned about Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is bones disorder where these get weak and likely to fracture easily. Fracture in osteoporosis is very common. For women, there are more chances to get fracture in osteoporosis. Most of hip bone and spine is involved though any bone can be affected.
Spinal or vertebral fractures also have very serious consequences that include- severe back pain, loss of height and deformity.
All this affects and impairs person's ability to walk and perform daily tasks. This may cause permanent disability or death also.
What are Bones?
Bones are vital as they give shape and protection to the body in the form of skeletal structure. Normal bones are rich in calcium and minerals which are measured by bone mineral density. Its value should lie above -1 which is regarded as normal and if it lies between -1 and -2.5 it reveals Osteopenia. If bone mineral density is below -2.5 then it results in Osteoporosis that is chronic in appearance.
What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis (porous bone) is bones disorder in which bones loose density, become weak and likely to fractures. As age increases, bone mineral density decreases mostly in late 30's.Osteoporosis affects male and females especially females with hip, wrist and spine fractures after menopause.
What is Calcium and Why it is Needed in Body?
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. 99 percent of the calcium is found in the bones and teeth and 1 percent is in blood.
Calcium in bones and teeth helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth and their functions. Rest though it's only 1 percent in blood but helps to maintain healthy nerve and muscles functions. Also regulates heart beat and maintains a healthy acid alkaline balance. Calcium also promotes healthy skin and induces sleep.
Deficiency of calcium in body gives rise to number of health ailments. This include brittle bones, tooth decay, nervousness, leg cramps, high cholesterol, excessive menstrual problems etc.
There are a number of factors which are needed for absorption of calcium in body including stomach acid (HCL), Vitamins like A, C and proteins.
How Much Calcium We Need?
National academy of sciences makes the following recommendations regarding daily calcium intake:-
- Men and women, aged 9 to 18 years - 1300 mg per day
- Men and women, aged 19 to 50 years – 1000 mg per day
- Pregnant or nursing women up to age 18 - 1300 mg per day
- Pregnant or nursing women up to age 19 to 50 – 1000 mg per day
- Men and women, over 50 – 1200 mg per day
What are General Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
- Pain in neck, spine and lower back
- Vertebral support deterioration results to forward bending
- Legs pain leading to difficulty in standing
What are Causes of Osteoporosis?
- Aging is a major factor associated with osteoporosis. As age passes, the lower is your total bone mass and greater are risks of osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary too. Some genes are responsible to have with weak bones in early stages of life.
- It may be due to excessive intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Poor Diet and life style. Low calcium diet, vitamin D deficiency and low body weight also contribute a lot.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, Cushing's syndrome and Hyperthyroidism are some of health conditions which result in osteoporosis.
- Excessive intake of steroids also develop osteoporosis.
How Ayurveda Defines Osteoporosis?
In Ayurveda Osteoporosis is known as "DHATU KSHAYA". Three physical energies, Vata, Pitta and Kapha decide individual's body nature and accordingly diet and life style is recommended.
According to Ayurveda, osteoporosis is due to vitiation of Vata dosha. Improper dietary and life style habits cause vitiation of Vata and production of Ama or toxic material in body. Vata goes out of control due to over consumption of dry, cool, stale, light and gas forming foods, with long gap of meals and having very less meal.
This leads to impaired digestion and obstruction of body channels causing symptoms as mentioned above. Also deficiency of calcium plays very important role in osteoporosis.
Herbal Remedies for Low Bone Density (Osteoporosis) by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Osteoporosis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of low bone density (osteoporosis). These herbal remedies are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herbs; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives. These remedies are prepared under the supervision of renowned Ayurveda experts.
- Lakshadi Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Coral Calcium Complex - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Bone Support - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meals.
- Arjuna Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
1. Lakshadi Guggul
These tablets consist of various herbs Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), laksha (Laccifer lacca), Asthisamharka (Cissus quandrangularis), Arjuna (Terminalis Arjuna), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Nagabala (Grewia populifloria) etc.
Benefits: These tablets are the excellent natural formulation to enhance calcium deposition on bones. It helps to increase the bone strength. If it is taken along with the calcium supplements, it helps in deposition of calcium at right place in the body. It is very effective and with no side effect. These tablets are 100% vegetarian.
2. Coral Calcium Complex
These herbal capsules are the nature's best formula for the bone density and strength. These capsules consist of various ingredients Parval Pishti (Coral compound), Akik Pishti (Agate compound), Jawar Mohra Pishti, Kamdhudha Ras (Compound), Mukta Pishti (Pearl) compound and Giloy Satva (TInospora cordifloia).
Benefits: The herbal remedy for osteoporosis, coral calcium complex capsules is the nature's bone formula to improve bone density and strength. Nature has given excess life supporting substances and most of them are from seas and plant life. They help to find low bone density especially menopause and elderly. This product regulates the calcium, phosphorus and bone metabolism. The product regulates the calcium, phosphorous and bone metabolism to give stronger, healthy and mineral rich bones.
3. Bone Support
These capsules consist of various herbs and natural compunds such as Shudha laksha (laccifera lacca), Sudhanjana beej (Morianga oleifera), Hadjod (Cissus quandrangular), Arjun (Terminalis arjuna), Praval Pishti (Corallium rubrum) and Mukta (Pearl calcium compound).
Benefits: Shudha laksha, Sudhanjana beej are rich in natural calcium compounds and Arjuna is also known to provide strength to the bones. Hadjod is a popular herb for promoting calcium deposition and retention in bones and helps in quick healing osteoporosis. Praval and Mukta are natural coral and pearl calcium and rich in elemental calcium.
4. Arjuna Capsules
These capsules are the pure extract of Terminalis arjuna (Arjuna). It also helps to provide the strength to the bones. It is a boon to the mankind.
To buy Osteoporosis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/osteoporosis-care-pack
- Prefer Calcium and vitamin D rich diet (include dairy products).
- Intake of sesame, almonds and green leafy vegetables.
- Adopt a healthy diet and lifestyle including exercises.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and smoking.