How to Treat Ovarian Cancer with Ayurveda ?
Ovarian cancer is the type of cancer which mainly spread in the ovaries, part of the female reproductive system. Cancer mainly spreads to the inside or outer layer of the ovaries. During ovarian cancer group of different tumor cells arise from different tissues of the ovaries. The tumor mostly arises from the outer layer of the ovary, which is the epithelial layer. This is one of the most common types of cancer in women and every year there are numbers of women diagnosed with this cancer.
What are Ovaries and Explain Their Functions?
The female reproductive system contains two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. They are very small in size like almond. The main function of the ovaries is the production of eggs as well as the hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. It’s a ductless gland in females which plays important role in female reproductively. Ovaries transported the eggs or ova or oocytes to the fallopian tube where the fertilization of an egg with sperm can occur.
The hormones estrogen and progesterone which are secreted by ovaries helps in normal reproductive development and fertility.
What are the Types of Ovarian Cancer?
- Epithelial Tumor: This cancer begins in the uppermost layer of ovaries. The cells start uncontrolled growth and ultimately there is the formation of tumor takes place.
- Stromal Cancer: This is a type of ovarian tumor which is diagnosed in its earlier stages. In this cancer, the tumor begins in ovarian tissues that contain hormones producing cells.
- Germ Cell Cancer: the malignant cells begin in the egg-producing germs cells. This type of cancer mostly affects younger women.
What are the Causes of Ovarian Cancer?
- Age: Ovarian cancer mostly occurs after menopause.
- Family History: If your close relative had an ovarian cancer or breast cancer then you have a high risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Breast cancer
- Endometriosis: 30% of women with endometriosis have a high risk of developing ovarian cancer.
What are the Early Signs of Ovarian Cancer?
- Pain in the pelvic or lower part of the body.
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Abdominal bloating and swelling
- Weight loss
- Changes in bowel movement
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Frequent urination
- Severe back pain
- Loss of appetite
The main aim of Ayurvedic treatment for ovarian cancer is preventing its spread and prolonging survival. Ayurvedic medicines contain extracts of natural and effective herbs, which can be used as an additional therapy to the conventional/modern treatment of ovarian cancer. In Ayurveda cancers known as Arbuda which means the mass of cancer cells which stick together and shows uncontrolled growth of malignant cells. Cancer includes the involvement of vitiated kapha, pitta and vata dosha. Cancer cells cause imbalances in Agni (biological fire), Sapta dhatus (body tissues), Srotamsi (channels of the body) and Satkriyakala (involvement of generic sequence).
Herbal Remedies for Ovarian Cancer
We at planet Ayurveda provides you a 100% natural product, which has no preservative and additives which further enhances the development of cancer cells. This herbal pack contains a blend of numbers of herbs such as Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). Kanchnar (Bauhinia variegata), Turmeric (Curcuma longa), Kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora), Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), and Ginger (Zingiber officinale) etc.
- Ashwagandha Capsules : Two capsules to be taken two times in a day with plain water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules : Two capsules to be taken two times in a day with plain water after meals.
- Tulsi Capsules : Two capsules to be taken two times in a day with plain water after meals
- Guggul Capsules : Two capsules to be taken two times in a day with plain water after meals.
- Kanchnaar Guggul : Two tablets to be taken three times in a day with plain water after meals.
- Chanderprabha Vati : Two tablets to be taken 3- times in a day with plain water after meals.
1. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha is an Indian ginseng, scientifically known as Withania somnifera. This herb has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which prevent cells from inflammation and also reduce the oxidative damage due to free radical. According to the medicinal point of view, this herb is pungent, bitter and astringent in taste, hot in potency, balances the tridosha (kapha, pitta, and vata). Ashwagandha contains many phytochemicals, steroidal lactones, and alkaloids which prevent the cancer cells from spreading.
2. Curcumin Capsules
The research on turmeric has shown that it has anticancer property due to main bioactive compound curcumin and so that it interferes with the signaling of cancer cells and stop its further development. Curcumin helps to reduce the growth of cancer by reducing cancer cell division. Curcumin is the bioactive compound with powerful medicinal properties. It’s a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory product. Turmeric is bitter, pungent in taste and hot in potency. In case of cancer curcumin balance the vitiated kapha, pitta and vata dosha.
3. Tulsi Capsules
The scientific name of this herb is holy basil and it belongs to the Lamiaceae family. The leaves of Tulsi contain many bioactive compounds such as eugenol, cadinene, camphor, and limonene. These compounds act as ant cancerous compounds and reduce the spreading of cancer cells in the ovaries. Due to anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property of holy basil leaves it to reduce the inflammation in the body and also inhibit the free radical damage.
4. Guggul Capsules
Guggul capsules contains gum resin of Commiphora mukul. Which is a native plant of India. This herb is also used for the treatment of arthritis, acne, weight loss and for lowering the cholesterol. Commiphora mukul is bitter, pungent in taste and light and dry in qualities.
5. Kanchnaar Guggul
It's a traditional Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of ovarian cancer. Kanchnaar also acts as a detoxifying agent which remove the excess toxin from the body and balance the vitiate kapha dosha. Which is one of the main reason behind the development of cancer cells in the ovaries. The product contains a blend of herbs such as Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Varuna (Crataeva religiosa), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), and Black Pepper (Piper nigrum).
6. Chanderprabha Vati
This product contains a blend of ingredients such as Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis, Maricha (Piper nigrum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), Chavya (Piper chaba), Mustak (Cyprus rotundus), Karpoor (Cinnamomum camphora),Guduchi (Giloy) (Tinospora cordifolia), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Black Pepper (Piper nigrum), and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). The herb haritaki in Chanderprabha Vati helps to kill the cancer cells by causing their apoptosis. Apoptosis is mostly disrupted in cancer cells so that they continuously show uncontrolled growth and finally form a tumor.
We at planet Ayurveda provides you numbers of herbal products which are100% natural and have no side effects. Crab care pack is one of them which is best herbal medicine for cancer patients.