Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) - Herbal Remedy for Cough
- Botanical Name: Papaver Somniferum
- Family Name: Papaveraceae
- Other Name: Poppy Seeds, Aphim, Opium Poppy, White Poppy, Posta
Uses of Opium Poppy
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- It acts as an expectorant and hence useful for cough, asthma and other bronchitis conditions.
- An infusion of seeds is useful for ear and tooth ache.
- The use and dangers of poppy plant derivatives, such as morphine, heroin and codeine, are well known.
Infusion - 15ml