Natural Treatment of Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a skin disease in which red inflamed patches appear all over the body with silver hue and thick skin. The patches of psoriasis are predominately seen over elbows, trunk, knees and scalp. The regular treatment of psoriasis is sometimes not enough rather not able to provide much relief to psoriasis patients and the patients may complain of adverse drug reactions due to overuse of psoriasis medicines. There are many home and herbal remedies for natural treatment of psoriasis which give good relief from itching and scaling of the skin. These home and herbal remedies not only provide quick relief from the acute symptoms but may also help to treat psoriasis naturally without causing any side effects.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
- Herbs for skin conditions like Neem are very useful in psoriasis as well as conditions like eczema. If Neem is not available consume bottlegourd juice -20-30 ml twice daily.
- Aloe vera juice is equally good in reducing the symptoms of inflamed skin in psoriasis. It helps to cool down the system and cleanse the blood and get rid of toxins. Aloe vera juice (our Kumari saar) which is full of fibers helps in not only skin problems but also helps to detoxify the whole body. Aloe vera gel can be applied over the psoriasis marks. This is one of the most effective herbal home remedies for psoriasis.
- Another suitable treatment for Psoriasis can be bathing in seawater regularly. Seawater also helps to relieve itching and pain.
- Bathing with Epsom salt is a good home remedy to get relief from itching and pain caused by psoriasis. Just add ½ a cup of Epsom salt in bathtub filled with warm water and soak your body in it. This helps a lot in reducing inflammation in the skin due to psoriasis.
- Living on alkaline diet is recommended in Psoriasis patients. According to Ayurveda, it is an imbalance of fire energy. Consuming food rich in acids or consuming acidic diet is not at all recommended. All fruits ( except citrus fruits) , are recommended. Fresh salads of broccoli, cucumber, carrots, cabbage, radish, onions, turnips are recommended.
- Try to avoid acidic foods like frozen food, packaged food, refined flour food, sour fruits like lemons. Also avoid yogurt, non-vegetarian diet, alcohol as there are considered hot or acidic in nature. Avoid soft drinks as they contain carbon dioxide, which is another toxin for the body. The lungs in the body are working all the time to throw away carbon dioxide away from the body and by drinking soft drinks we put in more of it inside. So avoid carbonated drinks. Co2 is acidic in nature.
- Coconut water is good to drink. It is one of the most effective home remedies for psoriasis.
- Vegetables growing on twines like bottle gourds, zucchini, round gourds, sweet ashgourd are excellent home remedies for psoriasis.
- Take fresh cabbage leaves and apply them over the affected skin. This is also one of the very effective home remedies for psoriasis.
- Applying mudpacks can help relief the pain and swelling in the psoriasis patches. It is a very good natural remedy for psoriasis.
- Cashew nuts oil can also be applied as it is also an effective natural treatment for psoriasis.
- Applying olive oil mixed with calendula oil is recommended for massing the patches of psoriasis. This is a wonderful natural treatment for psoriasis.
- Marigold is also very effective in the treatment of psoriasis. Take about four marigold heads and boil them in four cups of water. Allow it to cool and then apply it over the affected body parts. This is very safe to apply on the scalp also, as it causes no damage to hair.
Herbal Remedies for Psoriasis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as PSORA Care Pack for natural treatment of psoriasis. These herbal remedies are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herbs; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives. These herbal remedies are prepared under the supervision of renowned Ayurveda experts.
Dosage / Usage
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Manjishtha Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Jatyadi Tailam and Recumin Gel - For external use only, this Jatyadi Tailam and Recumin Gel can be mixed together and apply twice daily on the affected area after cleaning the area.
If you want to buy PSORA Care Pack, then please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/psora-care-pack
Commonly asked Questions
Are there any side effects of natural treatment of Psoriasis ?
There are no side effects reported of using Radiant Skin Lotion. Angrag soap and Psorolin soap can be used along with the oil and ointment. There are no sideffects. There are no known side effects. One though needs to be cautious at the time of initial application if they have prior been on steroidal treatments. In such cases and a very few other, there could be nuisance feeling and rashes. The same could be controlled by dilution with coconut oil. Slow withdrawal of earlier therapy (steroids) is also suggested before switch to Radiant Skin Lotion.
Are there any dietary restrictions?
Usually acidic diet is associated with increased appearance of patches. It is advised that you keep the diet to alkaline side. Examples of alkaline diet are fruits, vegetables, gourds. Avoid acidic, packaged, frozen food, avoid meat, alcohol, soft drinks. Coconut water is very good.
How many patients have been treated so far and what has been the success rate?
Over 100000 patients in India and abroad have profited from the use of Radiant Skin Lotion. The rate of reduction and disappearance of clinical symptoms has been consistent across all strata of the society, race, age and sex. The occurrence of recurrence has been minimal and the remission is prolonged to near permanent in quite a few cases. The absence of side effects for long term use is also a widespread observation
What if take only the external application?
Yes, you can begin with external application alone. This will also give good response but if you take the herbs for internal administration also they give excellent results and hasten the process of quicker recovery and healing. There are no side effects of herbs ingested.
After how many days I can see the results after using the PSORA Care Pack?
The results are evident within 20-25 days of using the listed herbal preparations. It is recommended that you follow the treatment for at least 3-4 months or may be longer up to 6 months to completely get close to remission and disappearance of psoriatic scales.
Can I continue using my other drugs along with these herbal remedies?
Yes, you can without a problem. These herbs work slowly by cleansing the blood and do not interact with other drugs to cause problems. They can be taken without any hesitation or doubt.
What are the situations under which I should use Radiant Skin Lotion and what are the situations for which I should use Psorolin ointment?
When thick scales are present, one could use Radiant Skin Lotion or a combination of both. When the scaling is absent / minimal oil application alone is acceptable.