Red Root (Ceanothus Americanus) - Herbal Remedy for Liver Disorders
- Botanical Name: Ceanothus Americanus
- Family: Name: Rhamnaceae
- Other Name: Jersey Tea, New Jersey Tea, Wild Snowball, Mountain Sweet
Uses of Red Root
- Bronchitis disorders
- Sore throat
- Liver disorders
- Skin conditions
- Menstrual disorders
- Blood pressure
Health Benefits of Red Root
- It acts as an expectorant and hence useful for cough, asthma and bronchitis disorders.
- It is to treat throat problems such as tonsillitis, sore throat and thrush.
- Red root is beneficial for liver problems such as cirrhosis, fibrosis and chronic hepatitis.
- It is to purify the blood; detoxified blood is thought to be very beneficial for treating many ailments, including skin problems.
- The whole plant is to treat reduce fever, diminish inflammation and aid urinary excretion of toxins.
- It is also useful for menstrual disorders.
- The root powder is useful for constipation. The powder is taken one to two teaspoonful twice a day with water.
- The juice is beneficial for blood pressure.
Leaves, Root and Whole plant
- Powder - 3 to 6 gm
- Juice - 5 to 10ml