Rhubarb (Rheum Rhabarbarum) - Herbal Remedy for Constipation Disorders
- Botanical Name - Rheum rhabarbarum
- Family Name - Polygonaceae
- Other Name - East Indian Rhubarb, China Rhubarb
Uses of Rhubarb
- Menstrual disorders
- Traumatic injuries
- Liver disorders
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- The root is astringent, relieving irritation of the inner lining of the gut, thus reducing diarrhea.
- The root powder is useful for constipation. The powder is taken one to two teaspoonfuls
twice a day with water.
- Rhubarb is a tonic and mild appetite stimulant and is a useful mouthwash for blight sore.
- A decoction is useful for menstrual disorders. Take one to two teaspoonful twice a day.
- The root is anti-bacterial.
- Powder -3 to 6 gm
- Decoction - 5 to 10ml
- Tonic - 5 to 10ml
Powder, Decoction, Tonic